It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

yes thank you.
thats exactly what i was trying to get at.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gooddoctorred
As a christian i was offended reading this post i mean Jesus is the Light and the Way and how could anyone not see that Truth? There is only one path to heaven and if you are gay i mean homosexual and sin then you won't go to heaven right!!!

I think that in the consitution the founding fathers like george washington who wrote it should have made it a good law to make it the Bible so that everybody has to read the Bible and obey the Bible so that the constitution would be in the Bible because like this they wouldn't have to worry about people like freeMasons who don't read the Bible and want to have gay i mean homosexual intercourse. Because freeMasons are gay i mean homosexual.

the good doctor

Not sure if this is satire, spoof or just ignorance,, but.
The people who came to America came to get away from such 'Constitutions' that were in Europe that held the Bible as the Sharia Law of the Day,,, Just read your history and see that the Roman Catholic Church had this rule instilled in many countries,,,

Some are just too ignorant of History,,
and We are DOOMED to repeat History ,,, because of all the people who DO NOT Know History.

Does No One Remember What America was Created for anymore,,
We are a Pluralist society,,, so both sides,, liberal extreme and conservative extreme have went to far in destroying what America means... JEZ!!!

We are all paying the price of our poor education system with posts such as this sir.... please tell me this was all in jest??

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

He never said murder was wrong, nor rape.... whats your point? Are you just wanting to argue for the sake of arguing? Homosexuality is called an abomination of God, who changes not.. And Jesus didn't didnt speak anything much of himself, on purpose because he said, "to know the father is to know me." " I come to do the work of my father... " You sound like Pilate... "He didn't say anything about his innocence, so He must be guilty.." You need to be very careful about what you attribute to Christ's words my friend. If you believe a certain way, thats fine... don't put words in an innocent Jesus' mouth to make Him guilty... Thats how he was crucified in the first place. But then again, you probably dont believe it anyway.. which is your perogative.
edit on 8-8-2012 by sensible1 because: spl

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tellingthetruthfirst

You can't get married in a catholic church if you aren't catholic, so if a church doesn't want to marry a couple, they don't have to! The point is that gay people should be able to get married under the law. There are plenty of religious institutions and even Christian churches that are willing to marry gay people.

There is no attack on Christianity here.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Varemia because: Got rid of an ugly quote

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by erictcartman

isnt religious freedom part of u.s. constitution?
ive enjoy'd this conversation but its going round in circles now.

That's been my point here.

The Bible condones certain acts that if acted out you would be arrested.

So no not all belief is free to be exercised.

In fact if we (Society as a whole) hadn't walked into your church and 'forced' you into believing otherwise we'd still have slavery, a law against interracial marriages and women that can't vote, etc, etc, etc

Yes I am so bold to put most blame on religion even for those.

Stubborn Christians. Stop crying about the idea of society interfering with your belief as though it were thought policing. It's only ever in response to how it manifests and directly impacts society.

You don't get absolute immunity to your belief. Sorry. If I believed God, according to my religion, commanded me to throw stones at Christian heretics as they exit churches the police would show up and I would be charged. As it should be.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This entire thread is exactly what is wrong with America. There's so much hate between people who believe homosexuality is right and those who believe it is wrong. I just don't get it. Personally, I believe it is morally wrong, but, the government has no right to try and force the views of the Christians upon those with other/no religious beliefs.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by maes2

Originally posted by Arles Morningside
Yup, dem gays are going to bring us all down. I'm glad the likes of wife beaters, child abusers and cheaters are doing the good work of upholding the sanctity of marriage and protecting society against the minions of anti-christdom who may be latent animal rapers and tree shaggers.

I agree all of them but add homosexual marriage to them !
if one gets pleasure with homosexuality, well it is somehow digestable. but what does homosexual marriage mean!?
why is there so much insistence to call it a marriage! if any sex that can not have a fruit is called a marriage then one can mary with sex toys as well !
edit on 8-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

An animals too!!!

Seriously, if you cant see the difference the between love of one person and another person, and an object or animal, you need help.

you are right anyone that can not perceive love and feelings, it is not alive.
but what is the difference between love and sexual pleasure. what I think is that homosexuals are homosexual because of sexual pleasure. love may contain sexual pleasure but it is not necessary inverse. yes homosexuality is easy you do not need to struggle with opposite sex and have children. this can harm societies. the most hypothesis that I encounter here is that people are born homosexual. but homosexuality is a choice. what if all the people become homosexual then what does family mean. love grows in families not in beds.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

It kind of proves the point of the Original Post, that almost 70% of the dissenters are citing... doctrine and scripture to say that gays are not sinful according to the Bible, when clearly it is stated that they are... Not many have mentioned marriage as a legal right as their priority. It proves that the real homosexual agenda is to somehow try to legally invalidate the scriptures that condemn this particular sin, and force preachers that preach the whole bible, inclusive of those scriptures, to be silenced. Monies have been spent at CNN to do so, and are being spent by other organizations to do the same... This is a REAL THING, not just a random Conspiracy theory. There is traceable money being spent, and organized efforts being pushed as we speak, and I am not going to waste anaother minute arguing theology with those that don't give a care about beloved Jesus anyway.. Christianity isn't Hate no matter how much it is lied on, spit on, beat on by you..... as I remember, that has been done before... well he rose from that one, and I think I will rise above this attempted gutter trashing of Jesus as well....

Religion is nasty.. Religion is VERY hateful... Christ is not RELIGION... CHRIST IS NOT RELIGION... Religion is mans invention, Christ wasn't made by man...and can't be torn down by him. The plot is real...This is no plastic hubcap thrown in the air and photographed... Its the real deal.. Forces are lining up against Christ as we speak.

But they are fighting the very one that loves them the most... The one that loves you the most rarely tells you what you want to hear... Its the one that tells you to "follow your heart" and "do what you feel " that couldn't care less what happens to you, or doesn't know better, or worse, is laughing at you when you fall. Christ is truth, and the WHOLE Bible is true, though we are under a new covenant that rescues us from sin... but please please know...sin is still sin... hell is still there... I am begging you to consider Christ your freind .
edit on 8-8-2012 by sensible1 because: spl

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

So you are saying that the religions that are tolerant of gays are wrong? The ones willing to marry gays should continue to be barred from doing so?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by erictcartman

Did you know that dolphins have been know to have sex for fun, and not for procreation?

There is, quite literally, no argument against homosexuality except that you prefer chocolate over vanilla. Let everyone else eat their ice cream in peace. If it bothers you, eat your ice cream somewhere else. The constitution makes such discrimination illegal in every sense.

If a priest can touch little boys in the basement and people still attend that church, then they shouldn't see a problem with a gay couple getting married in church either.
edit on 8-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kimar

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
“It would be nice if the liberals would actually support freedom for all, not just those that agree with their point of view.”
LadyGreenEyes
And how is voicing your opinion an infringement on your opponents rights? Ironically using your “logic” fundamentalist pastors that condemn homosexuality are practicing hate speech, that denies freedom to their opposition! I say they have the right to spout any nonsense they want. However, their opponents have the right to show that fundamentalists are actually followers of the anti-Christ, in that their Christ is the opposite of Christ and his message.
ME
Was that supposed to make sense? I stated that some don't believe in freedom of speech for others, and that the pro-gay side thinks Christians should have no freedom of speech or religion. No, I stated that calling a statement of a religious belief "hate speech" is a violation of the free speech of said pastors. Anti-Christian haters have no call to say anyone is an "antichrist", either. rather hard to call people wrong for their beliefs, and then label them as something based on those beliefs.
LadyGreenEyes
???? Again you take 2 positions that oppose each other. That proves that your position is self-contradictory and therefore invalid. Below I will take each of your points individually and refute them.

“Was that supposed to make sense?”
LadyGreenEyes
I really do not see what is hard to understand.

“... the pro-gay side thinks Christians should have no freedom of speech or religion."
LadyGreenEyes
How is voicing one’s opinion infringing on your opponent’s freedom of speech. I think you are confusing “hate speech” with “hate crime”. If I say that what you say is filled with hate I am not saying that it should be illegal for you to say a particular thing.

“No, I stated that calling a statement of a religious belief "hate speech" is a violation of the free speech of said pastors”
LadyGreenEyes
???? that makes no sense. If you are consistent, then you labeling my beliefs as hate filled (“Anti-Christian haters…” LadyGreenEyes ) is an example of you denying my freedom of speech. That is absurd! When two people disagree and debate each other, they are not asking for their opponent’s freedom of speech to be suppressed.

“Anti-Christian haters have no call to say anyone is an "antichrist", either. rather hard to call people wrong for their beliefs, and then label them as something based on those beliefs.”
LadyGreenEyes
So therefore, a fundamentalist pastor cannot call a Unitarian, Quaker, or Gnostic wrong. Also, I am not anti-Christian. I am against fundamentalists that worship an image of Christ that is the opposite (anti) of Christ and his message

edit on 8-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusWillReturn

So which Word is that from? The one that is intended for Jews, or the one intended for the regular people?

Because they're different, you know. God's Word changes. But it's indisputable, still. Because it's from god, you know. Doesn't matter. Circular logic. It fulfills itself because it was designed that way. Come up with a set of circumstances that will come to be no matter what, and blame it on whatever you want. If you cover all possibilities and explain the rest as "oh, its god. He does whatever he wants," then you're golden.

Also:

There is no reason for an omniscient being to create a place like hell, except that not only did he know exactly who would take each seat as he made it, but he went ahead and designed us that way anyway, knowing exactly what we would choose and which fate we would face. And not a single adjustment was made that day, either to spare us, to fix us, to perfect us...nothing.

So really, we were MEANT to go to hell. That's what logic tells me. Our destiny, wherever we end up, heaven or hell, is fulfilled. So why choose? Because if our path is preordained, if your "god", who is so real and so powerful supposedly, knows exactly what's going to happen to us before our grandparents were a gleam in his eye, then that's how it was meant to be.

No matter what I do, I am designed a certain way, which will bring about a certain fate, which is exactly what your "god" foresaw before I was even born...and still allowed to happen. Because that's what he wants. There is no reason to be omniscient, create a faulty race of servants, and then prepare a burning pit specifically for them, unless he knew what would happen, could see it happening in his mind's eye, and WANTED it to happen. Had accepted it, was willing to work with it, and was preparing for the event. Assuming that hell actually exists as described in the Bible, every person who has ever gone to hell, or ever will go to hell, was sent there by your god because he WANTED them to be there. Before you are born, your destiny is chosen. There is absolutely no way to be omniscient and omnipotent, the creator of the entire universe, and NOT have everyone's destiny squared away.

Don't bother choosing, because if all this is true and accurate, then your choice doesn't matter. Follow your life as you will, because your fate is chosen. Your path is planned. You were designed FOR that path...the path wasn't designed for you. And no matter what happens, you will reach the end of that path. Because he wants you to.

Does this make sense to everyone? Don't bother trying, don't bother fighting, don't bother worrying or fussing or choosing. It's all preordained, according to Christianity's omniscient, all-powerful deity. Our place in the universe is etched in stone. You don't get to choose...it's already chosen, written, signed, and in progress. Don't bother fretting, because your ride has already departed, and the next time you get off, you'll be there. And then, you'll know the truth.

What's the point in fighting? Additionally, you will either be punished or rewarded with free run of the seven deadly sins for successfully avoiding them throughout your lifetime. So no matter what you do, you run into them. Not to mention that all Americans celebrate the seven sins every year, without fail. God even practices the seven deadly sins.

FURTHERMORE, he "wiped the slate" with the flood, then tried for a better harvest using the same flawed seed. Can we have the definition for insanity?

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

Yep. Your god is insane. I'm totally digging that.

edit on 8-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

So you are saying that the religions that are tolerant of gays are wrong? The ones willing to marry gays should continue to be barred from doing so?

No.no.... Religion is HORRIBLE... Its mans invention..to place himself between man and God and give man power. Thats why it can be torn down... But Jesus is not religion. If you believe in God, there either one thing that is true or not true.... It has to be one way or the other.. Its not fair to call those that believe in the bible literaslly "haters" because they have a faith in God. It doesn't impeded others legal rights to believe the bible.. it shouldn't be anyone else's business.. but half the folks here want to crawl up in my bible and tell me what Jesus's doctrine is...
edit on 8-8-2012 by sensible1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The proves the homosexual agenda is one of bigtory and intolerance higher than that they claim others display toward them.

It's shows a sick state of the homosexual radical movement. They cannot handle anyone having a differing point of view so try to shut down any point of view that they don't like.

It isn't just bigotry and intolerance, it actually displays some deep seated mental instability or insecurity as well.

No if I didn't mention this we'd have a homosexual come on here and say "but Christianity this.... and these people that ..."

NO - we are not talking about others, we are looking at the homosexual agenda in 'light' of what they claim is displayed by others.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

But Jesus is not religion.

No, it's a cult.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Great,, Now I am a Jesus "Killer",, just like Pilate,, hmmm
My point is what you are doing. Reducing Humans to a level that is below what Jesus your MASTER said for you to do,, which is to follow the Golden rule,
Do unto Others as you would have done unto yourself.

Being shown what Jesus said,, and ignoring it is a sport of Christians when faced with their own shortcomings.

That is the Christian model that is being argued about,,
he also said,, Judge not, lest you be judged,,
but Christians seem to think that does not mean them,

I don't need ''to be careful'' ,, nor do I need to refrain from stating what is obvious,, that you use words that you have no idea of their meaning.

Castrate still means removing testicles.
sorry,, but that is the truth.

Plus,, where did I put words into Jesus's mouth,, that I need to be careful about, please show me,, as I studied for many years to be a minister,, even took some Hebrew,, went to and studied the Greek foundation of Christianity, so i am not some backwoods heehaw who thinks he is the ''better'' Christian,, because I am not Christian,, I actually have read the WHOLE Bible,, multiple times,, under various modes, methods, translations etc...

I Hit the Ground Running,,, I am NOT A MEMBER OF THAT OR THE OTHER ABRAHAMIC FAITHS!!

Thank god/God/goddess/Goddess and Time and Space!! whew!!
I will especially remember this when I take my dog to be Neutered (castrated) and make sure I don't visit a Veterinarian with a fish symbol in their window,, they might cut my dogs Penis off too if they think as you do.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by calebdaniels

There's so much hate between people who believe homosexuality is right and those who believe it is wrong. I just don't get it

I don't hate the sinner I hate the sin

Yeah I loathe immoral belief. People can hate me for that, that's fine.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1
There is an active agenda, (Anderson Cooper off CNN being the main activist) to define Christianity as Hate speech and actually legislate the pulpit in America.

Why would he pick on Christianity? There isn't any religion that accepts gay lifestyles. Unless you'd classify Satanism as a religion, which is usually regarded as a cult.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusWillReturn

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Replace the word "thou" with the word "women".

Now what does it say?

Or is this part of the Bible only for men reading it.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join