It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

"Again, if you think there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, that's fine too.
Just don't go around making a big deal of it."

See, this is where you are incorrect and it is THE central issue here. Homosexuality is not something one can "think" is right or wrong, any more than heterosexuality can be thought to be right or wrong. One either is or is not gay. It has ZERO to do with right or wrong. It can't be wrong for a tree to be a tree, a white person to be white, someone has freckles or they do not, someone is a genius or not, someone is gay or not. There is NO room for anyone to THINK being gay is okay or not anymore than it is okay to think the moon existing or not is okay. It is an exercise in ridiculousness and nonsensical thinking.

Things that simply are or are not are not a matter of opinion and it is the wide spread ignorance that homosexuality is a choice that's the problem. Even if you claim to have "no problem" with someone choosing to be gay...this makes you part of the problem because you mistake the central reality.

edit on 8-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by kimar

Your being absurd! You want to know were Jesus says it? He says it in the bible. There, you have the address start your journey....If you really "want to know." Believe it or not, God's word even made it to Google.com argue with them about it!

What are you people really looking for? A Jesus quote that says it's ok? You won't find one in the bible! So you may as well leave the bible out of it.

And what are you really mad at the Christians for?... Because we believe the bible?..... We won't rewrite it to your liking?....Like some claiming to be "Christians" already have?.... We wont add to or take from? Sorry folks, That's kind of why we are called Cristians.

Why do you even bring up the bible if you do not believe or agree with what it says?...... To convince us it's wrong?....... Or to prove to us you don't understand it?.....We already know the latter.

There is an answer in the bible for just about any question you can have regarding this subject. The problem is it is so simple you/they can not understand it, or refuse to. This is a waist of time. The bible talks about some people... "being willingly ignorant"..... "Having ears they hear not".. and...."For this, he turned them over to a reprobate mind, for they retained not god in their knowledge, to do those things that are unatural......"

Here is the deal! God in his word defines clearly, what:

1. Is "NATURAL"
2. "LOVE" is.
3. a "FAMILY UNIT" is.
4. a "SIN" is.
5. How, When and Who to "LOVE"

OH! it could go on and on..........and on.

You can't even understand the "Thou shalt not" parts. Why would anyone continue and allow themselves to be drug into a much deeper conversation?

I do not say much about g's and l's untill they bring God/Jesus into it. You can't argue with god's word which is what you want Christians to do. Which would defeat the purpose of being Cristian.

What about all that got suppressed and left out of the bible?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

"And what are you really mad at the Christians for?... Because we believe the bible?..... We won't rewrite it to your liking?....Like some claiming to be "Christians" already have?.... We wont add to or take from? Sorry folks, That's kind of why we are called Cristians ."

Why not, man has re-written it hundreds of times to be more to his liking. Anyone who says the "bible" is the word of God is deficient mentally. Even if it once was, the thing has been re-written and translated hundreds of times. Even a translation of an original is a very imperfect art where nuance is often lost, true meaning missed. Translating works that have been otherwise re-worked many times and re-translated many times inevitably results in something much reduced from the original. Modern Christians are so dim though that this sort of processing is beyond their mental capacity and their tiny worldview where everything is black and white. In the Christian world of today, there is no room for intellect or scholarship, no deep thought.

Most famously, the version of the New Testament used today is the King James version, which was re-written by a group of scholars assembled by the Court of King James to spin it so its moral lessons would retain impact, but at the same time soften it so the monarchy would not be viewed as anathema to it.

In other words, the book all you zealots bow to was written to not threaten the ruling elite. God Save the King, as it were.

edit on 8-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Very well put. Why are the leaders of many important groups, weither it be religious and/or political, so bigoted? Maybe they got to were they are because people ARE inharently bigoted. Creating division has been the keystone for certain parties/factions over the centuries. Hopefuly these divisions aren't so ingrained and we can wipe our slate clean over time becoming the humain race once again.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This topic is like beating a dead horse. I am sorry there are some that agree with it, and others that disagree. No use going back and forth about it, because people believe in what they want. My whole problem is when others smother people with a particular agenda, and attempt to enforce their will on others. I don't care from whom it derives. I think both sides are guilty of it. We are free to agree to disagree. One side has an argument on a topic, and the other has an argument of their own. No sense demonizing and ridiculing each other over it. It does not get anyone anywhere.

I think this issue is just another carefully crafted smoke screen to take our focus off the major issues at hand. Some of the issues include: an economy teetering on the verge of collapse, rampant government corruption, potential for another World War, an epidemic of civil unrest around the world, and quite a few other serious matters to devote our attention too. There is so much more that reporter, Anderson Cooper, can be covering than this tired issue. Furthermore, since he has gone on the record as being gay? Does that not make his coverage on this issue dangerously close to entering the realm of bias? Just something to think about.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Freedom is a paradox, you can choose to do something, lets say its wrong, and you end up diseased in the end because of it, now im not saying all sin leaves you this way. Some people can go their whole lives and not be affected IN their life. But since we only have a vague idea of what comes after this life, heaven...hell...maybe something entirely different than a paradise or a place of eternal suffering. We in our psyche choose to rebel against logic. We choose to experiment on each other in our youths leading us to temptations later in life, corrupting perhaps the very intention our creator, or creators, intended for us. I admit i struggled with this issue in my youth because frankly, girls were mean to me. And when I became curious about things, i diverted to close friends to find that with. Currently I dont consider myself that way anymore, but i struggle with the thought and temptation of it still. Those who choose, yes it is a choice, people make excuses and delude themselves because they are quick to choose an option which they find satisfying, without considering the greater implications of society itself. I for one have kept my personal life in this matter private, but without a natural way...meaning one man and one woman and children follow, you will never find true happiness, you will follow a dellussion, suiccessful or not, to it's conclusion. Without procreation naturally, there is no life, you rebel against all that is sacred and that is why the Christian faith denies you marriage, because you rebel without faith and cause terrible paradoxes in your own lives as well as others that you dont see.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
christians and any other religious group has the right to beleive what they like.
i dont pretend to know much about the bible,i do have a big problem with the gay rights mafia trying to push their agenda at the expense of the rights of decent christians.
i dont care what you college know it all hippys think
or what the lgbt groups want.
my first and only concern is that religious groups are not forced to go against their beliefs to suit a vocal minority.
jesus may not have said much about homosexuality but god made his feelings perfectly clear when he sent the arch angel to destroy sodom and gomorrah.

edit on 8-8-2012 by erictcartman because: smileys still not working

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Anyone who says the "bible" is the word of God is deficient mentally.

And here we get to the crux of the anti-Christian movement. If you believe in God or the Bible you should be considered "insane".

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

When "God" said that, Im not sure Christ did.....and alot of "God" was just them remaking Goodness in their image, and I knew that ever since I read the bible, went to Church and shared my opinion, this was the Catholic Church and later the Anglican, basically the mainstream non fundamental Canadian Churches, and shared it. You always find a mixture in Church, often to do with IQ, sometimes the families that are more punitive to their children and authorative, are the literal ones. The rest followed Christ and all knew not to follow most of the incorrect things of the old testament. Partly because, thankfully it would be illegal to do so.

Many didn't like much of Paul's statements, Paul is quite a debate. I read a good book by a Catholic nun on the feminist face in the Church and how isn't odd that most women know Goodness would never ask them to sacrifice their child, they would know instantly any spirit speaking thusly is the not only not God but the opposite.

There isn't a lot of literal in the Bible and there is no passage I consider from Goodness saying any such thing.

Christianity is to follow Christ, and seek within, and serve others, and there is also a message about opening your Singular Eye. Christianity is the way of the STO mystic waking up to who they really are and why they came here and doing the work they came to do.

Most world wide Christians are not fundamentalists. And are not taught to take the bible literally. They're even taught that its metaphor, that the books historical and archelogical context is highly unlikely or not at all, and that the Chruch considers the theme of what they are hinting or calling a fiction, should be seen (I read the footnotes in my bibel as well, found some of them quite interesting).

Fundamentalism veers of the teachings of Christ so severely and takes things that were never literal literally, and the country that promotes this the most is the example of inequality and dog eat dog capitalism. I think they imagine Christ is like this too.

Its odd how fundmentalists go to the books in the old testament that tell them to sell their daughters to the rapists, for advice on homosexuality, but ignore how the ones who knew Christ lived:

Acts 4:34

Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

On that score, alot of Christians world wide.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

Originally posted by MamaJ
Op I think you have a good heart and Im saddened you believe being born gay is a sin.

I grew up with a girl whomI knew at an early age, she was gay. My cousin and I asked her over the years and she would say no, she was not gay. As she grew older she knew she was different .. And gay. She didnt ask to be born with an attraction to ONLY women just as you didnt ask to be born with an attraction to the opposite sex.

In my opinion my gay neighbor is a sweetheart. He cuts my hair for free and sings like an angel! He didnt ask to be born feeling as though he is a woman.

God has a plan.... And in this plan maybe reproduction needs to slow down, maybe he is testing the judgemental children.... Who knows but the heart does not lie and please have some acceptance and love for the ones who are different, no matter what! Jesus said God is love. Love does not judge.

as I know people are born male and female not Gay! and of course some have none of them but they can become male or female these people are rare and they have physical problems.
so I add this to your judgment God has created Adultry to boost up population
www.google.com... -growing-crisis-of-abandoned-babies.html&ei=apohUMuEMKnk0QHj6YGoAQ&usg=AFQjCNGal6YFvpT9xbT0at1id183iFWUuw&sig2=aboCSo05X6hngYsVhHbbiQ
and now want to slow it by homosexuality !
are you sure that was God that created Adultry and homosexuality!
edit on 7-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

God is Love.

Love is an emotion, hence FEELING!

People are born with feelings. Male and female .... Have feelings.

WHO they have feelings ( love) for is no care to the one it doesnt harm.

If feelings for another human is wrong..... Tell God. He is the creator and when ya get back home you can plead your case as to what YOU think He should do to the ones who have shown and recieved love from the homosexual.

Its love.... Feelings for another. Let love be where it is and not judge it becuase you dont understand it. Try and understand. It will bring about more peace than not.
edit on 8-8-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

1. Jesus IS the Word. He is God, and everything contained is His word. Now, you can choose to accept that or not, but that is the position that a Christian takes.

Ok say I accept this as fact, please show me anywhere that Jesus said homosexuality is a sin, just one example of him saying it will be fine, just one. Don't quote me the old testament, give me one quote where Jesus says it, after all from your quote it says "Jesus IS the word, he is GOD, and everything contained is His word." Oh and by the way, I really hate to question your understanding of Christianity, but do you really believe Jesus is god? Is he not actually meant to be the son of god and not god himself/herself?

You are missing the point. The fact that He is God (yes, as is clear in the reference I recommended reading) means that every word in the Bible is His. Any place in the OT or NT that states homosexuality is a sin (and both do) is from God. Jesus is God-become-man, to die in our place. If He wasn't, He could not have died in our place, paid the penalty for all of us, or defeated death. I have no problem with questions. Ask away. There is a lot of confusion (and some disagreement among "sort of Christian" groups) as to whether He is or isn't God. Happy to discuss, but maybe U2U would be better, so we don't derail the thread? Just be patient - not on here all the time, nowhere near as much as I'd like.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
given their contribution to defiling the language and tainting the language for this giant game with quite a lot of it around my warped messed up scripted like life... I say kill em all! Like trashing the word gay and defiling the rainbow which turned something awesome like taste the rainbow into a disgusting tainting the image of one of the most beautiful women... i think... its so gross this game i kind of want to die as they just wont stop it man... North america is a giant disgusting continent of vile perverse masonic freakshow and other secret societies of the most vile ..... EVER and my life about certain people and nuclear bombs and such is extremely disturbing. even worse is its like getting away from the stunted being, finding a few minutes of mental silence then it shows up again like an adhd child that should be ejected into space and thrown into the sun as for the most part all it does is make me think the same god damned stupid stuff over and over again like THEY ----------- who your wife is supposed in there you know!!!!!.... I hate the god damned thing. someones gotta know how to end this stupid thing and how to get he hell out of this reality as north america is extremely disgusting place once you notice there IS something out there and it can mess with your mind and actions. its not funny! Given how much homos and old ugly warp paint women got in the path to wreck things when i was like screw this im leaving and was going to go to the other side of the world, id say it one of them or a reallym essed up guy whose been setting up my life in an ause session in waves of getting worse as time goes on. its not funny. but anyways.... get me outtta here!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This very same 'Bible' was inspired by God, written by many men over the centuries, then canonized by Constantine at the Council of Nicea.

To say that every word in the Bible is God's... I think is a stretch. The fog of history obscures a lot of what we should actually know about the Bible. Things like, why is the Book of Enoch included in the Ethiopian Orthodox churches but not the Roman Catholic or Protestant ones? Can we EVER be certain the Bible that we have is the one that God truly meant for us?

Doubtful. Man craves power and control. Hence organized religion, and hence a canonized book of scripture. I think almost everyone is walking blind at this point (herein comes faith), and only a personal and honest search for the truth of your individual relationship with God and Christ is the way to salvation... not Constantine's stamp of approval.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
“Yes, it IS a real issue, and case after case after case can be read about online where basic freedom OF religion is denied to Christians. Happens all the time. yes, there are laws n some countries (like Canada) that make it illegal to preach the Bible, when it comes to homosexuality.”
LadyGreenEyes
I honestly do not know about Canada, but here in the US your point has no validity.

It has great validity when there are those pushing for the same or similar laws here. There are also cases of Christians being sued for standing by their beliefs in their business. Basically, they have been told they do not actually have freedom of religion, as guaranteed int eh Constitution.

Originally posted by wittgenstein“It would be nice if the liberals would actually support freedom for all, not just those that agree with their point of view.”
LadyGreenEyes
And how is voicing your opinion an infringement on your opponents rights? Ironically using your “logic” fundamentalist pastors that condemn homosexuality are practicing hate speech, that denies freedom to their opposition! I say they have the right to spout any nonsense they want. However, their opponents have the right to show that fundamentalists are actually followers of the anti-Christ, in that their Christ is the opposite of Christ and his message.

edit on 8-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

Was that supposed to make sense? I stated that some don't believe in freedom of speech for others, and that the pro-gay side thinks Christians should have no freedom of speech or religion. No, I stated that calling a statement of a religious belief "hate speech" is a violation of the free speech of said pastors. Anti-Christian haters have no call to say anyone is an "antichrist", either. rather hard to call people wrong for their beliefs, and then label them as something based on those beliefs.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFMAN111

I think you are in need of some serious therapy!

Does anything you say make sense to anybody else except you yourself?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

They are the most hateful and judgmental large group of Americans today. They refuse to live and let live, rather they follow a ideology that is not faith-based, but rather proclaims itself the one and only truth and demands they convert everyone. They are EXACTLY equal to Muslim extremists given their way.

How many of you honestly think that if they were given the chance, that evangelicals would entirely restructure society and law based on its narrow (and twisted) interpretation of the bible? They will do it in a heartbeat if we allow it.

Absolutely true Pajoly, and my thoughts exactly. I have a neighbor kid who comes over to play with my boys, he is 12, and knows he is Gay. This kid is scared to death someone who is of a religious slant will find out, for here in the Bible belt, a Gay person cannot count on anything but a hard time. The kid's Grandmother is a strict Catholic, and he says she comes in his bedroom late at night and prays for his Soul, and sprinkles Holy Water on him. Reminds me of my own Mother, a Fundamentalist Christian, who used to spend a lot of time on her knees praying for my Soul. This Hive/Cult/Borg mentality I do not fully understand. How does an intelligent adult not see the mind control and brainwashing techniques used on the congregation....the preacher can tell them anything at all, and they just believe it. He is a "Man of God," by the way, his word is infallible. That is why I simply cannot blame the people who go to Westboro Baptist as a whole, but I rather lay blame exclusively on the preacher who is brainwashing them into hating people. That man needs some mental help.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked
*snip*
People have asked when Christ (upon whom Christianity is based) said that homosexuality is not a bad thing, and the response appears to be because he stated marriage is between a man and a woman. What exactly does that prove?*snip*

Seems obvious, that if marriage is stated, by Jesus Himself, as being between a man and a woman, that would preclude any other type. Added to the several statements in the Bible that sexual relations between the same gender are sinful, it's pretty clear. Now, you can choose to accept that or not, but that is the basis for the Christian stance on the issue. Yes, I am aware that some churches state they don't see this as an issue, but I would say they need to decide upon what they base their church. Their choice, but that isn't in agreement with the Bible.

Originally posted by something wickedBy the way, people seemed to be quoting Sodom in this thread. Sodomy is obviously derived from Sodom, but the term means anal sexual intercourse which is not limited to homosexuals and homosexuality is not specificly mentioned with regards to Sodom as far as I'm aware.
edit on 8-8-2012 by something wicked because: typo

The term we use is based on that city. Yes, it was about homosexuality. The men of Sodom wanted to "know" the angels that visited with Lot. This makes it very clear that homosexuality was indeed an issue. Maybe not the only one, but a major one, since it is the one that is highlighted.

Good questions, though. That story isn't one you see a lot in Sunday school lessons, or sermons.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

As many have stated here, the problem is that the extreme anti-gay "Christians" have the biggest stage and make the loudest noise in the argument. You don't see a lot of people come on TV and say "that while they may not agree with it, just let them do what they want....we will love everyone equally"

You are in the majority of Christianity but you are part of a quiet majority who is consistently overshadowed and overpowered by the extremely loud and vocal minority who truly hate homosexuals for their beliefs and their loves.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFMAN111
given their contribution to defiling the language and tainting the language for this giant game with quite a lot of it around my warped messed up scripted like life... I say kill em all! Like trashing the word gay and defiling the rainbow which turned something awesome like taste the rainbow into a disgusting tainting the image of one of the most beautiful women... i think... its so gross this game i kind of want to die as they just wont stop it man... North america is a giant disgusting continent of vile perverse masonic freakshow and other secret societies of the most vile ..... EVER and my life about certain people and nuclear bombs and such is extremely disturbing. even worse is its like getting away from the stunted being, finding a few minutes of mental silence then it shows up again like an adhd child that should be ejected into space and thrown into the sun as for the most part all it does is make me think the same god damned stupid stuff over and over again like THEY ----------- who your wife is supposed in there you know!!!!!.... I hate the god damned thing. someones gotta know how to end this stupid thing and how to get he hell out of this reality as north america is extremely disgusting place once you notice there IS something out there and it can mess with your mind and actions. its not funny! Given how much homos and old ugly warp paint women got in the path to wreck things when i was like screw this im leaving and was going to go to the other side of the world, id say it one of them or a reallym essed up guy whose been setting up my life in an ause session in waves of getting worse as time goes on. its not funny. but anyways.... get me outtta here!

edit on 8-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
This very same 'Bible' was inspired by God, written by many men over the centuries, then canonized by Constantine at the Council of Nicea.

To say that every word in the Bible is God's... I think is a stretch. The fog of history obscures a lot of what we should actually know about the Bible. Things like, why is the Book of Enoch included in the Ethiopian Orthodox churches but not the Roman Catholic or Protestant ones? Can we EVER be certain the Bible that we have is the one that God truly meant for us?

Doubtful. Man craves power and control. Hence organized religion, and hence a canonized book of scripture. I think almost everyone is walking blind at this point (herein comes faith), and only a personal and honest search for the truth of your individual relationship with God and Christ is the way to salvation... not Constantine's stamp of approval.

Amen to that! Whooot whoooot!

This right here is what is fact.... and most Christians have no idea. Their naive with the facts and this may one day bring about a war like never before seen in human history. So much chaos when love.... Pure love is absent from mens heart.

People can defend christianity all they want..... Bring in quotes.... God said it. Its in the Bible! Lol whatever.....

Men just made sure to exagerate, burn, twist, and pervert the words handed down .... So he can control!

This world is dark and without the Lights reflection......You are not even seen!

Reflect light... Shine your light of love on living things and see what kind of peace comes our way.

Forget the dogma( organized religion) and anything that divides us and come into the light so we can see clearly what we must do as a human race to live in harmony!
edit on 8-8-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join