It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to talk with none-believers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
PS: sorry about my poor english, im french canadian...

What I hate the most in life, is when I am talking about conspiracy subjects and some guy come and say:

none-friend: "Oh you saw this on youtube? you shouldn't believe anything from youtube."
none-friend: "hahahah you really believe in this crap?."
none-friend: "hahaha conspiracy... but of retards where is your tinfoil hat?"
none-friend: "but CNN, MSM said it was this and that because of this and that, even the white house said so..."

How do you approach someone like this?

I lost faith in humanity long time ago and when someone who isn't in the topic of conspiracy, i find it a pain in the ass to try and explain to them.

I lost the will to help them open the two eyes they have and that dull brain they use to watch jersey shore, victoria secrets and that mouth they eat all this fast food and talk trash and laugh at me with...

I dont care about loosing my face, most my close friends know how I think and I am, they are slowly starting to convert, I had good sentence and shut that mouth of them many time all they could answer back was "huh... i dont know about that"...

Is there some quotes you guys can teach me to help confront these type of individuals?

Should I just continue ignoring them?

I have pity for them, but on the other hand, it is a pain in the ass and frustrating to try have them unlearn everything they have been brainwashed with with the real truth...

Some people i just avoid them because it is a big waste of time, they are too brainwashed, they dont care, dont want to hear, dont give a #, they just want the latest technology gadget, that big juicy fat bigmac and fried food in the mouth or the latest news about that movie star...

Maybe there is some great video out there i can link them?

Or really great facts? still denied by MSM and humans...

“The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working”
“When the conspiracy of lies surrounding me demands of me to silence the one word of truth given to me, that word becomes the one word I wish to utter above all others.”
“Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe.”
“Any writer, I suppose, feels that the world into which he was born is nothing less than a conspiracy against the cultivation of his talent.”
“In fact, one thing that I have noticed . . . is that all of these conspiracy theories depend on the perpetrators being endlessly clever. I think you'll find the facts also work if you assume everyone is endlessly stupid.”
“A conspiracy is nothing but a secret agreement of a number of men for the pursuance of policies which they dare not admit in public”

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
ah mon ami, the best thing you can do is leave the sheeple be and share your knowledge with like minded people!
c'est la vie eh!
viva la revolution!
its harder in canada,we're all so damn nice!

im in ontario

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

hi friend! i know... c'est la vie, but i have pity for them, this world will never change if we leave them be...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I like how you just refer to "conspiracy subjects" and make no mention of whether the particular conspiracy subject is actually supported by evidence or not. Nope, it's just "conspiracies" which all awakened and smart people believe in, and all dumb people believe things the MSM says which are 100% lies.

From what I gather of your post you believe in every single conspiracy theory going, and trust youtube 100%, and the MSM is incapable of making a truthful statement ever?

I can't imagine why you're unable to get through to your closed-minded friends.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think I am a little part of your problem.

I reach for every thing that helps me satisfy myself

Even in a conspiracy site I slay the truth to keep myself alive.

I can not hide what I am.

I am selfish.

but not anymore.
edit on 7-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'd start by challenging them on small points that will sit in their minds such as "if x is true why didn't y do z" on some subject and get them to start some analytical thinking and at the worst case a good honest "prove me wrong and win a few beers" challenge will get their interest

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalk

Just ignore them and remember ignorance is bliss

This reminds me of a conversation i had with a family member the other day we were talking politics And i brought up operation northwoods and 911 i suggested that 911 might have been a false flag she freaked out and said i was Unamerican i would also like to mention that she watches fox news religiously

The point of all this is leave them be their minds have been conditioned to only think one way

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself- The matrix

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

no i dont believe in everything, and it is too long to name everything i trust and distrust.

Some topics like

GMO, 9/11, illuminaty, UFO, aliens, life outside earth, education supression, mainstream brainwash, false flag ops, etc are mostly facts for me...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I would try proving it to them.

But isn't that the kicker?

The problem with conspiracies is just that, most of the time they can't be proven.

There's only a few that can be proven, like the Gulf Of Tonkin, but that's years later.

The other problem is, like a lot of the people on ATS who believe that every major event is a conspiracy! Everything that happens, happens because of some guy/s pulling strings. As though natural disasters didn't happen in the past, or that people just go psycho every once in a while, etc....

Sometimes(almost always), stuff does happen and it's not a conspiracy, but if you believe everything posted here on ATS then you'd think everything was a conspiracy, and that couldn't be further than the truth. It's the wacko conspiracy theorist that diminish the true conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The key is to be discerning, and not jump on every ridiculous theory that comes down the pike and treat it as truth.

It's one thing to recognize a conspiracy of financial elites buying up influence and world governments. it's another to believe there's a planet hiding behind the sun and that contrails frim aircraft are a plot to kill us all.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalk

maybe us like minded people can over throw the illuminati and we can take over!
the sheeple are all ready there for us to use as we will!!!!

you can't force people to learn truth whatever ugly form it takes.
you can try for a while , but eventually your just banging your head off a wall,and no one learns anything!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Please continue everyone i like this thread.... where its going!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The only time i had fun trying to challenge skeptics or none-believers was with old people and the discussion finished with "your generation has a lot of work to do..."

it is one of the few times i had fun trying to challenge them really, the only time one time out of 600 maybe

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Skywalk:
I live by these words:

Help the helpless... but *F-word* the clueless.

You cannot wake others up. All you can do is talk to those that WANT to wake up, show them things, and let them wake themselves up. If they aren't ready, then they aren't ready.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalk

Please watch his short vid.

I poste a similar thread a while ago and received this interesting reply.

Originally posted by GrindsMyGears
The programming is not just strong it has been built up & in place the entire life of the person.
So in effect you have to De-Program in small amounts over a period of time in effect reversing the original programming.

In a lot of instances people have been given thier world view from more than one source like thier parents or family, spouse peer group etc....& not just T.V.
This can be difficult as you will come across as being critical of views espoused by a loved/respected one of thiers it's just you may not know this. Do your Homework.

It is a bad idea to smother individuals with an avalanche of data, it wil make smoke come out of thier ears before they place fingers in them and switch off.

Sometimes finding a subject close to the person in question's own everyday interests and subtly pointing out how these issues affect them directly or indirectly usually does the trick, you must allow the individual to find thier own way to the Rabbit Hole entrance by laying atrail of breadcrums that way and if they still don't get it leave them alone.

If on the other hand they choose the path of further knowledge support them and don't say things like " I knew about this 5 years ago" etc... Give them space you were a noob once yourself.
Pay an interest back if they dig something up themselves and if they find something you havent heard of congratulate them on digging up some interesting info and discuss.

And don't forget Humor it is quite often the best way to instantly break down barriers especially when you are talking about some subjects as the very act of disscussing them leads to a depressing or frustrating dead end.

Avoid this by poking fun at figures and pointing out how sad and screwed up THEY are not YOU.
If they are going to be overwhelmed by being pointed to ATS straight away try pointing them to youtube etc and encourage them to listen to say George Noory on Coast to Coast AM plenty of alternative views and a range of subjects and not too scary to begin with.

Finally most people are good people at heart and cannot see how thier inherent good natures are used against them and furthermore cannot put themselves in the shoes of a bad person. A lot of people think "I would not do that" so it is difficult for them to realise there is a small and vociferous minority that "will do the bad thing".
Bear this in mind when talking to people we are a social animal and do not like exclusion so if someone doesnt feel excluded they will listen more.

Hope this helps bit tired so I hope it makes sense also LOL. There's more but ive taken enough space up plus sleeepy good luck! And don't let the BS merchants win.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalk

who are the unbelievers, please?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalk

here's a great educational video i saw last night
[thanks to member Jeremiah65]

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You can try to make your case funded on facts and logic and then see if their rebuttal is founded in facts and logic as well. If it isnt there is no more sense in debating these people than there is in disputing a creationist with facts and logic.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue

Sometimes(almost always), stuff does happen and it's not a conspiracy, but if you believe everything posted here on ATS then you'd think everything was a conspiracy, and that couldn't be further than the truth. It's the wacko conspiracy theorist that diminish the true conspiracies.

And that is my problem with everything that ever occurs being a conspiracy. There are things that just don't seem right. There are "mainstream" conspiracies which have enough odd or unresolved info floating around to make them worthy of consideration BUT huge BUT they all get tarnished with the "every conspiracy is followed by nutters" because, quite frankly, most conspiracies are utter nonsense. As soon as we hit negative proof to prove its not a conspiracy it's time to phone up the funny farm! Today's funny farm moment: apparently unless you can prove that every single person on the planet is not a psychic then this means psychics exist (despite never actually having one scientifically proven).

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Oh that's easy: I tell them that I don't believe it either. I don't believe in science or religion or conspiracies or anything else, really. But I AM willing to make bets; to suspect; to calculate probability and confidence levels for various propositions. Do I _believe_ that aliens are behind some UFOs? No. But I do think it likely, based on evidence. Do I believe that the Illuminati control the world? No. But I do think that there are powerful networks of money and obligation that have some long history, because there is strong evidence that that is the case.

Belief is for suckers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join