It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS rover never landed on mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
firstly for something as monumental as landing a man made rover on a planet millions of miles away the coverage was horrible...for the most part i sat there looking at my screen for about 2 in a half hours looking at nasa "employees" chit chatting with each other...and then some celebrity interviews on how they felt about the landing...seriously wtf?!

and then finally the moment came where the rover was approaching the mars atmosphere, all we get is some footage of some guy walking back and forth talking into a headset.

i remember seeing a couple of years ago a rover or craft that nasa launched into one of jupiter's moons, and you can clearly see the footage from the rovers perspective of the actual landing, you could see as the moon was getting closer and closer you could even read the distance measurements listed under the screen..and finally the craft landed and the camera blacked out. why couldn't they do the same with such a historic mission as the mars landing?

so after 2 hours all we get is some guy pacing back and forth reading out numbers as the rover got closer to landing...finally the rover landed all we get is about 10 minutes of the stereotypical nasa "employees" celebrating.

then suddenly the message came in...."we are receiving pictures!"....so im thinking you know what there still might be some hope for this circus after all...but no...all we get from the multi million dollar rover is 2 grainy super low quality black and white picture of the "surface" of mars...thats it.........then we are told by the announcer lady says that we wont be seeing anymore pictures because they need to calibrate some equipment and some other crap...

so we can film man "landing" on the moon LIVE...and we can look lightyeras into the universe using telescope...but we couldn't even get a live feed of the actual rover landing filmed using the on board cam, and all we got was 2 grainy loq quality black and white pics?...

LOL what a joke...they arent even trying anymore...i guess as the years go by they are realizing that people will believe ANYTHING that any authoritative figure says.....WOW

heres what i think....right now, NASA is in some desert in ARIZONA or the middle east, driving an r/c rover around...and then taking pictures editing them and presenting them as mars pics...

seriously do people actually believe this? we can barely keep track of our own 100ft long airplanes several miles into our own sky, how the hell do you expect anyone to keep track of an rover the size of a mini cooper 300 million miles away???!

damn the crazy part is that they didnt even try, they hired a bunch of actors to look thoughtful and concentrated, and then they presented 2 photo shopped pics and the people slurped it all up

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Same view point was posted 30 minutes ago...

Even though NASA are suspicious at best, I do believe Curiosity is on Mars

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

To begin with. NASA's budget has been gutted by our current POTUS. Yes, it takes money to provide every second of coverage you did get to see. Keeping that in mind, if you can. You were lucky that part of any agencies budget was dedicated to *putting on a show* for you, sitting in your armchair waiting to be wow'd.

Also, Mars is a bit farther out than the moon. That pesky time factor comes into play, sorry you have to wait a bit longer for your ya-ya's than you did with moon photos.

Several times, it was noted that the first pics would be of low quality, as the secondary photo equipment did need to be calibrated.

Sorry you were so disappointed, maybe they should have put you in charge of the whole expedition.

Des

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Because Mars is kinda far away... it will take some time for better resolution stuff to come through...
edit on 7-8-2012 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I recall an interview of a NASA insider, concerning the Moon landing. He was being quite frank and the interviewer suddenly burst out "Wow, you guys sure lied about a lot of things" and the NASA insider said "No, that's not true, we lied about everything". If you believe anything coming out of NASA, call me, I have some beautiful oceanfront property for sale, in Montana.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
firstly for something as monumental as landing a man made rover on a planet millions of miles away the coverage was horrible...for the most part i sat there looking at my screen for about 2 in a half hours looking at nasa "employees" chit chatting with each other...and then some celebrity interviews on how they felt about the landing...seriously wtf?!

and then finally the moment came where the rover was approaching the mars atmosphere, all we get is some footage of some guy walking back and forth talking into a headset.

i remember seeing a couple of years ago a rover or craft that nasa launched into one of jupiter's moons, and you can clearly see the footage from the rovers perspective of the actual landing, you could see as the moon was getting closer and closer you could even read the distance measurements listed under the screen..and finally the craft landed and the camera blacked out. why couldn't they do the same with such a historic mission as the mars landing?

so after 2 hours all we get is some guy pacing back and forth reading out numbers as the rover got closer to landing...finally the rover landed all we get is about 10 minutes of the stereotypical nasa "employees" celebrating.

then suddenly the message came in...."we are receiving pictures!"....so im thinking you know what there still might be some hope for this circus after all...but no...all we get from the multi million dollar rover is 2 grainy super low quality black and white picture of the "surface" of mars...thats it.........then we are told by the announcer lady says that we wont be seeing anymore pictures because they need to calibrate some equipment and some other crap...

so we can film man "landing" on the moon LIVE...and we can look lightyeras into the universe using telescope...but we couldn't even get a live feed of the actual rover landing filmed using the on board cam, and all we got was 2 grainy loq quality black and white pics?...

LOL what a joke...they arent even trying anymore...i guess as the years go by they are realizing that people will believe ANYTHING that any authoritative figure says.....WOW

heres what i think....right now, NASA is in some desert in ARIZONA or the middle east, driving an r/c rover around...and then taking pictures editing them and presenting them as mars pics...

seriously do people actually believe this? we can barely keep track of our own 100ft long airplanes several miles into our own sky, how the hell do you expect anyone to keep track of an rover the size of a mini cooper 300 million miles away???!

damn the crazy part is that they didnt even try, they hired a bunch of actors to look thoughtful and concentrated, and then they presented 2 photo shopped pics and the people slurped it all up

I think the point you raise about NASA been capable of video filming men landing on the moon yet no live feed on Mars is a valid one, but I think that's more to do with the fact that the moon landing was hoaxed and went over the top trying to make it look real....and now legitimate missions like landing a rover on Mars are the missions that look false, when in fact we probably are on Mars and that's the best we can do! The whole moon-fiasco is starting to come to light!
edit on 7-8-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Congratulations, I think you have just made the most stupid thread in the history of the internet, quite the Accolade!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Congratulations, I think you have just made the most stupid thread in the history of the internet, quite the Accolade!

thanks for the bump...

you are entitled to your opinion... or lack thereof

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

when NASA tell us they need to calibrate some equipment what they really mean is they need to tweek the CGI to make it look as realistic as possible.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by k1k1to

To begin with. NASA's budget has been gutted by our current POTUS. Yes, it takes money to provide every second of coverage you did get to see. Keeping that in mind, if you can. You were lucky that part of any agencies budget was dedicated to *putting on a show* for you, sitting in your armchair waiting to be wow'd.

Also, Mars is a bit farther out than the moon. That pesky time factor comes into play, sorry you have to wait a bit longer for your ya-ya's than you did with moon photos.

Several times, it was noted that the first pics would be of low quality, as the secondary photo equipment did need to be calibrated.

Sorry you were so disappointed, maybe they should have put you in charge of the whole expedition.

Des

The Elite own NASA...and they also own television...that said, the Elite want to put on a show to keep audiences entertained with a blind fold (kind of like the moon landing). I am with you on this one OP, I doubt a rover landed on Mars. But then again, we will never know for sure until we explore this topic further.

Actually, searching for giant gorillas got me to find this video...funny as heck..but just shows you there are many ape-like costumes out there....Enjoy

edit on 7-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added video

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Well, you won't get any Hi-resolution pictures for a few days yet. When you do, they should be good enough to tell you where the rover is in the Arizona desert. Then you will have a minimum of 90 days/sols to go and look. If you don't find it, the second best guess is, that it is on feckin' Mars.

Go and look up Wiki, they have a lovely story all about Curiosity, and all its stages, incuding when to expect the first A1 pictures.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
TBH why does the American government even spend money on things like NASA when the country has so many problems?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by k1k1to

Well, you won't get any Hi-resolution pictures for a few days yet. When you do, they should be good enough to tell you where the rover is in the Arizona desert. Then you will have a minimum of 90 days/sols to go and look. If you don't find it, the second best guess is, that it is on feckin' Mars.

Go and look up Wiki, they have a lovely story all about Curiosity, and all its stages, incuding when to expect the first A1 pictures.

You seem to be under the impression they're doing this live...we all know it would have been filmed in the Arizona desert months ago!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Yeah, I never thought of that. I wonder what the story line is, let's see now...I bet it's something to do with rocks!

You can see how silly this OP is though, along with all the rest in a similar vein. Remember the NIST CGI schematic cartoon of WTC7, that cost ten million public smakeroozies, how much is this epic, full blooded, CGI cartoon going to cost by the time its over, along with Opportunity's which is still going eight years on? Much cheaper just to send a real rover to a real Mars innit!
edit on 8-8-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Lookie...someone agrees with you.....

Des

top topics

join