It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Leaks 'Top Secret' Nuclear Weapons Plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Beijing recently was shocked to discover its secret nuclear plans were leaked. The documents details some good news, that China has only a small nuclear weapons program and does not want to expand it. This is good ammo for people who want to shrink the size of the US nuclear weapons program and get rid of its missile defense plans.
There is a theory though the documents were leaked on purpose: To give the US a false sense of security while China builds up its forces...

thediplomat.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by travis911

Forgive the ignorance, but why the assumption (not just in this thread, its everywhere) that there's a big showdown between China and the US on the way? I honestly don't understand this.

If I had to guess....I wouldn't trust that document. Accidently on purpose, perhaps.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
Beijing recently was shocked to discover its secret nuclear plans were leaked. The documents details some good news, that China has only a small nuclear weapons program and does not want to expand it. This is good ammo for people who want to shrink the size of the US nuclear weapons program and get rid of its missile defense plans.
There is a theory though the documents were leaked on purpose: To give the US a false sense of security while China builds up its forces...

thediplomat.com...

hi op

this whole charade is doing my head

we know its a cold war, it never ended
ww1 was a stage play written for ww2

thank god i took history at school

America you needed a side line for entering ww1...lusitania says it all..

propaganda and morale are hand in hand

ETA: had enough of this charlatan bs
nothing will change in the play unless you ignore the script

n

edit on 7-8-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Psychological warfare at its best..

The US knows what they have but pretend not to know what they know they know. China is using this as a CYA move to make themselves look better. Its all about PR. The US is fully aware of what China does and does not have.

The document is a farce.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Forgive the ignorance, but why the assumption (not just in this thread, its everywhere) that there's a big showdown between China and the US on the way? I honestly don't understand this.

If I had to guess....I wouldn't trust that document. Accidently on purpose, perhaps.

Maybe because the good ol US of A are setting up nuclear bases all over Australia and are blatently provoking the Chinese to the point of arrogance. Also Obama came to Australia recently and gave a very heated speech about supremecy in the Asia Pacific and stated that America will not allow or accept Chinese authority. The Chinese are very stubborn and honestly I can;t see wither side comprimising.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I call purposeful leak.

Nothing better than disinformation as seemingly real information.

Also, if you still think that our most powerful weapon is a nuclear weapon (sure and hydrogen), then you are stuck in the 1960/70's.

We have much more destructive weapons, they have just never needed to be used, or shown off.

You don't show your Ace until absolutely necessarily, so thinking the Chinese are trying to out power the USA in Nuclear weapons, is just ridiculous, they have Nuclear counter measures and they have weapons they would consider superior to a nuclear arsenal.

Namaste.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
yup reminds me of something out of the 36 strategies wengu.tartarie.com...

maybe they have something better than nukes

sorta like an "injun-fighter" preparing to wipe out a tribe
with rifles

only to discover that the tribe has invested in a pair of gatling guns

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Personally it could go both ways.

China is very good at strategy and tactics. THis could be a disinfo piece to make the west believe that china is not interested in a nuclear cold war with the US, when in fact China may feel and have already secretly agreed to make a massive arsenal of nuclear weapons.

But then there is the other side of the coin. China usually doesn't like to engage in war and will generally take the passive route. Thats why they keep getting invaded. Its like their population sees war as a waste of time when they could just keep going on about their lives. SO by and large china is not interested in war. Thats their societies general stance.

The US has a long history of poking others with a stick to exasperate a cold war for our own means. We did it with russia. Now were doing it with china. China might be wise enough to see this behavior for what it is and has taken the slightly higher route of nipping all this in the bud by saying we have no intentions of proliferating a nuclear arms race. Could also make them look like the calm ones while we keep pushing to expand or military right onto their doors step.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

No showdown, but cold war for certain.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

No one is setting up nuclear bases in Austrailia. Talk about sensationalism. A small base of 6k is hardly a takeover.

And it is the Chinese who are picking islands in the south pacific and calling it their own.
edit on 7-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The real reason is that China has been playing some major hacking into US government secrets.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Maybe because the good ol US of A are setting up nuclear bases all over Australia and are blatently provoking the Chinese to the point of arrogance. Also Obama came to Australia recently and gave a very heated speech about supremecy in the Asia Pacific and stated that America will not allow or accept Chinese authority. The Chinese are very stubborn and honestly I can;t see wither side comprimising.

Nuclear bases in Australia? What nuclear bases in Australia? We don't have anything like that being built or ready to go here... Where are you getting that information from?

The only US influence we have at the moment is roughly 4000 soldiers in Darwin and Pine Gap...
edit on 7-8-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

You're correct m8. The yanks wanted to build a base to house a carrier group, to 'balance' (threaten) China's influence in the region. The Aussie PM told them to get stuffed.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis911

thediplomat.com...

Didn't the world already know that China only had a very small stockpile of nuclear weapons?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Because people do not understand how the world works and insist on assigning sides to everyone. They key to Chinas current and future success is a powerful and wealthy United States to buy its goods, keeping the rest of the nations in the Pacific from going on an arms race and shoorting at them or each other and keeping global sea routes open. China is Japan in the 80s rivals in some areas but having for more in common than not.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Cleary the reason that China "leaked" their own stuff is because they already have the Robot Army ready to go.

I mean, what's the reason t stop making your most powerful weapon?

You have an ace in the hole.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that nuclear proliferation might have a larger meaning then most people are getting at. I know a large percentage of people don't believe that there is any other species in this galaxy then us, however the fact that there is over 100 billion earth like solar systems makes it a very likely thing. Since we do not currently even posses the technology to travel long distances in the galaxy, maybe our world leaders have realized that we need nuclear weapons to defend ourselves from outside invasions. Kind of like a "fail safe", either they leave us be, or we all die taking them with us. That could explain the rush to proliferate nuclear arms all around the globe, even at the cost of the power base of certain nations. The U.S. launched a program after WW2 called "atoms for peace", in which it supplied the capability's to construct nuclear reactors to nations like Pakistan/Iran, who while being less hostile at the time, were still not what you would call a "responsible nuclear partner".

Of course we may just be morons, and enjoy creating nuclear arms which have no other use then harming ourselves, however, I would like to think positively, and go with the theory that these are being used as a "trump card" to defend ourselves against an invasion by another species. Certainly a theory that could explain our quest to create these deadly weapons so fervently. To my knowledge a large influx of radiation on earth would not just effect our planet either, if solar radiation can enter our atmosphere, then its quite possible that the detonation of multiple nuclear weapons on earth could have a large effect on our solar system as a whole.

top topics

join