It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Try To Unravel Mystery Of Man With Huge Stash Of Fake IDs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Its not illegal to have things. i have military uniforms.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

We all agree, but it is illegal to use them in public and to pretend to be something you are not. (except on movie or theater set
)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

Suspicious is not illegal.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Good post. Say, can you tell me when was the last time that USC code was revised? Meaning, has that been changed (or added), post-9/11?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OCoJ9
this is crazy. i made an account just to comment on this. i live in new port richey and i can tell you all that this is the a small little hick town that never has any news coming out of it. havent heard a peep about this from the local news station. youd think i would have considering how odd this story is..

Wut? Dude, you obviously weren't watching the same news as me (I'm along the southern perimeter of the Bay) Both Bay News 9 & NBC 8 both talked about it, during both the evening newscasts, and 11pm newscasts. Granted, only BrightHouse cable airs BN9 and you may not receive it if you have something else, but NBC 8 is region-wide...I'd assume CBS 10, FOX 13, and ABC Action News would have mentioned it, too. Well, maybe not ABC, they tend to be a little off on the reporting mark.

I'm not sure what to make of this guy. If he was just a hobbyist, he was awfully deep into the hobby here. Why would you need police lights on your car if it was just a fantasy? I'm not really buying that excuse.
If he was con man, I could see all of these things being useful. If he used them to enter businesses and homes and subsequently stole items, such as claiming to need to seize something, who the hell is going to argue with a DHS agent about it when they're already bewildered & confused by the presence?
Or he could have been using the personas to woo women. We women can be incredibly stupid when it comes to men in uniforms, for some reason. It turns a large number of women into quivering, lustful idiots. He may have been seizing that opportunity to get some, and if that's the case, he certainly knew how to play it up to score.
It's either that, or he really is a spy. Maybe not CIA, but maybe for Cuba. If he is, he may just be their crappiest spy ever, but perhaps they couldn't afford to be short one, no matter how crappy he was?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chesterton

You may need to look to figure it out. Here are the notes. Seems old. Looks like the fine changed in 1994.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 731; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(E),Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2146.)
Historical and Revision Notes

Based on title 18, U.S.C., 1940 ed., §§ 76a, 76b (June 29, 1932, ch. 306, §§ 1, 2,47 Stat. 342; May 22, 1939, ch. 141, 53 Stat. 752).
Sections were consolidated.
The term “department or agency” was substituted for “department or independent office” in two places to embrace all properly constituted agencies as defined in section 6 of this title and to eliminate any possible ambiguity as to scope of section.
Minor changes were made in phraseology.
Amendments

1994—Pub. L. 103–322substituted “fined under this title” for “fined not more than $250”.

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Remember when this incident occurred...

I recall seeing a letter he wrote in response somewhere.

In July 2010, the FBI ordered the Wikimedia Foundation to remove the seal from Wikipedia servers, stating that its unauthorized presence on the encyclopedia was illegal under 18 U.S.C. §701. Wikimedia's general counsel, Mike Godwin, declined to comply, stating that the FBI was misconstruing the law, which he said was intended to prevent people from using fake FBI badges or profiting from the use of the seal.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Not sure if this will apply but...

Wasn't a law passed a few years back making the use of certain government seals/logos a crime. Seems like those would be needed on the ID.

The Stolen Valor Act made it a felony to wear medals or rank you didn't earn.

But sadly it was overturned by a higher court on free speech grounds, lying is still free speech.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

Check Florida D.O.C records.I was in prison with him.His name wasn't Roy.Hardee correctional .

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
I started reading the article and had to do a double take when I noticed where it was I live in New Port Richey.

That's just amazing.

Just checked the Pasco county sheriff website, he violated probation also, he was on it for grand theft in Miami-Dade county.

www.pascosheriff.com...
edit on 8-8-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

i live in new port richey too. small world! have you heard about any of this on the news? i havent.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by OCoJ9
this is crazy. i made an account just to comment on this. i live in new port richey and i can tell you all that this is the a small little hick town that never has any news coming out of it. havent heard a peep about this from the local news station. youd think i would have considering how odd this story is..

Welcome to the site! I "lurked" for a long time before making an account myself, and when I did, because I couldn't NOT comment, same as you.

Interesting that it isn't in the local news. The story I read (large national news site) stated that the locals were asking people to ID the fellow. I would think that would be bigger news. Any chance you missed it, or are they not really talking about it locally? If not, that is very strange.

Might have missed it. Im not always watching the news but I had been the day this story came out. Someone else posted a link to the tampa bay times article about it so if its in there im guessing i gjust missed it. My bad!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Hoarder.
No doubt a hardcore memeber of ATS with 25,000 posts and 200stars.

I cant imagine a real agent been caught with this amount of equipment. We'll see anyway becvause if the media goes hush about this subject then it must have some substance, if they take the piss out of the guy well then the guys just a wannabe

pssssst...my soda shot out of my nose with that remark.....( a member of ATS)
.... to me that sounds perfectly plausable...jeez, it makes one think about even being associated with this site

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a hobbiest????...yeah, right...he looks like a hobbiest...like genghis khan looks like an chinese man selling noodles on the street corner.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So what are the odds he ends up committing suicide?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The uniform itself is not the problem, it's the ID cards.

Do you have fake ID cards to go with your uniforms?

Plus he's a convicted felon, who had lots of ammo laying around, that tends to worry law enforcement.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Uhoh looks like they found Obama i mean Osama i mean the antichrist which is Mark Zuckurburg which is Dawkins. Because they are alien dinosuars. LOL

the good doctor

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Black market

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
reply to post by SuperFrog

Regardless of the details of this case, you cannot charge someone for having the ability to do something illegal.

Everyone needs to heed these words. Everyone has access to this stuff. It's going to be interesting if this guy turns out to be some sort of spy and the government tries to bury all of the information surrounding the case.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hey, you know, some men like to collect ladies underwear, and dress up in that too. If the cops found that stash, I wonder what they'd do. Would we hear about it on the news?

The guy just had a different fantasy hobby. He liked to dress up as different uniformed personnel and parade about his home in front the mirror. That's all.

Look, if the dude had "Passports" from different countries, all with his photo and different names etc..,then we could say he was up to something nefarious.

But uniforms? Maybe he wanted to be an actor, and got all the gear he needed for the auditions, and was just practicing.

You realize most actors, and wanna be actors, dress up and talk to themselves in front the mirror to practice various voices and looks, so that might have been the guys reason for all this stuff.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

The uniform itself is not the problem, it's the ID cards.

Do you have fake ID cards to go with your uniforms?

Plus he's a convicted felon, who had lots of ammo laying around, that tends to worry law enforcement.

BE ALL YOU CAN BE.

The guy was clearly trying to live up to that motto.

He just wanted to be many things. Couldn't make up his mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join