It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Try To Unravel Mystery Of Man With Huge Stash Of Fake IDs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
the guy might of just been a awkward collector

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by Ben81

If he was that smart why did he give such a shoddy ID to the police?

He's no spy, in his mind maybe, but he's not working for any government.

I wouldn't assume this guy is smart just because he can make fake ID's and buy uniforms from surplus stores and on line.

In fact, I'd say it makes him pretty stupid.

I agree .. there is something that dont make sens
and if he was working with CIA and mossad they wouldnt give that info to the news to make a big breaking news

its maybe to scare the seoples ?
to let them know that there is people out there pretending to be someone else
to make a terrorist attack .. next they will accuse him to work for Iran

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sorry for those that beg to differ but I'm thinking...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

That record was seized in his home as well, and was playing on his iPod when they arrested him.

Every season of Burn Notice was found in his nightstand, and a Jason Bourne poster on the back of his bedroom door.

OK, OK, not really. Or maybe it was, they just haven't released that info yet?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I posted this thread this morning before dashing out the door to go to work, so I didn't get to comment on this all day. If he was a Pro, I don't think he'd be in the situation he's in. Even if he was a CIA screw-up, I think they would reel him in and they would have him. maybe he was using these items to help smuggle people into the states from Cuba? Just a thought. Although NASA doesn't have much to do with civilian matters at all. This guy may be a crack pot, but I think that he's dangerous, and more may come of this.
I did think of how this was a perfect ATS topic, BTW. There's a lot of room for speculation on this one.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So this man could walk in Any ware!!!

and blow it up. OR just Steal more IDs and uniforms.

picture with him after delivering a babie?
maybe he just has LOTs of jobs?
edit on 7-8-2012 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I think this hits the mark.

It could also be, however, that some serial impostors are not out to "do harm" necessarily. They get into legal trouble with licensing/certification issues, by pretending to be someone/offer services, which might or might not have the result of harming.

An impostor could perform the functions of what he is impersonating without necessarily harming, as in putting on a flawless performance (being a pilot, for ex). However, I would still rather not put my trust in an impostor. Creepy also.

Check this out. Every few years it seems an impostor makes the news.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7
I posted this thread this morning before dashing out the door to go to work, so I didn't get to comment on this all day. If he was a Pro, I don't think he'd be in the situation he's in. Even if he was a CIA screw-up, I think they would reel him in and they would have him. maybe he was using these items to help smuggle people into the states from Cuba? Just a thought. Although NASA doesn't have much to do with civilian matters at all. This guy may be a crack pot, but I think that he's dangerous, and more may come of this.
I did think of how this was a perfect ATS topic, BTW. There's a lot of room for speculation on this one.

Speculation is the fun part.

We get to live vircariously through his delusions of being a super secret ninja seal assasin guy.

If he was the real deal he wouldn't have said boo, and after he made his phone call to his "attorney", the charges would go away.

This is exactly the kind of poser POWnetwork and ThisAin'tHell expose every day.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Not quite on the same level as the "Great Imposter" but there have been many people publicly shamed for lying on their resumes! I remember a recent football coach, and I had to look him up to get the whole story.

Notre Dame coach hired, then fired
George O’Leary’s resume has a very brief (but accurate) entry on his resume as head coach at Notre Dame: the football leader was fired just five days after he was hired when it was revealed that he’d lied on his resume. O’Leary represented that he’d earned a master’s degree from New York University-Stony Brook, and although he was a student, he did not actually receive a degree from the school. He also claimed that he’d earned three letters playing football in New Hampshire, while the school said he never even played a game. Already an award-winning coach from Georgia Tech, many wondered why O’Leary even needed to bother with padding his resume. But the coach shared that he’d fluffed up his experience many years earlier, and simply hadn’t gone back to fix the inaccuracies. O’Leary’s fibbing was an embarrassing moment for not just the coach, but Notre Dame football, but both parties have moved on successfully from the incident. Most recently, O’Leary led the University of Central Florida Knights to a BCS-ranked season and a Liberty Bowl victory in 2010, the team’s most successful season in history.

Top 10 Worst Resume Fibs in Academia Some lasted for decades!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Something crossed my mind the moment I saw the headline on a media site earlier.

I'd been around and about the net and deeper areas of the internet for quite some time. In the various travels, I'm come across MANY 'merchants' for fake ID, license plates, Passports (Both blank or pre-filled lol...) and police stuff. Badges.. whatever. I've always wondered who runs some of that and who is actually handling the in-person side of it.

In the general areas a lot of this is found 'for real' it's not some 16 year old with a sense of humor and a novel idea. The prices, procedures and meeting circumstances always told me it was either Federal stings or exactly what it said it was. Likely..a combination of both sites out there among the bunch.

So.....I thought to myself. THIS is what the guys look like who run those services.

I think he's a merchant for the surprisingly high quality stuff he had..and it's high dollar stuff if that's what he was. He'd also want to give any story BUT what he really was, IMO. In some areas of the net...nothing he 'was' exists anymore anyway. So he can make up anything he wants now.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think your half right, he probably is a black market merchant, but probably not for any shadowy group

Just a guy with some contacts

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
After doing a bit of digging and contemplating, I have concluded the following: This man is not connected to anything like a terrorist cell, or group of people plotting something nefarious. He MAY have been plotting something on his own, but clearly all of the gear he had was not going to possibly be used in any attempt. He also is not a professional in any government agency, like a spy or CIA member or anything, because people like that do not go around willingly telling people what they do, especially telling the same people different things. Amateur mistake imo.

Therefore I think that he truly is what he says...Just a disturbed individual with the money needed to procure most of these items. He had the little bit of know how needed to make these access badges and credentials, which is all info available online. I would be willing to bet that most of these credentials would have got him arrested if he tried to enter any of these government facilities. Especially considering that many actually scan badges. I doubt he could have faked that part, lol.

So this is more evidence that he was not planning on doing something extremely covert or anything, as I originally thought was possible. I really do not think there was a threat here. The guy may have been a bit off, but I do not think he was dangerously insane or anything. I am actually relatively confident in my assessment. That is about the gist of it in my opinion. Anyone agree?

ETA:

I see people are saying he could be a black market merchant, etc., etc...I do not think so. Those badges and whatnot had his picture on them. This was part of his fantasy life. He wasn't trying to sell this stuff, and in fact, he probably spent a lot buying it. He probably couldn't even make money off of this stuff, considering he probably paid a good deal for some of it.
edit on 8/7/12 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

You have a point. No need he'd be in a group beyond whatever it took to make the product. Everything else? Heck, the way all that's set up, it's kinda like a black market craigslist. Kinda.. No reason 1 guy couldn't do it and make a killing at it. He'd have real interesting stories to tell too... A lot of reasons to pretend he was just any other silly thing that came to mind. His story sure wasn't very creative. lol

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Who cares? Sounds like he had a hobby collecting things. I have lots of soviet and german ww2 items...no mystery just hobbies maybe you (OP) should invest in one instead of making lame threads.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson69

Ah, I care when a criminal has 100's of fake ID's and police lights. Simple enough for you?

CJ

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

as for what could possibly be a mission ??
well, distraction seems to be the name of the game these days ... so, does it fit ??

why would my imagination be any better than yours ??
i don't have direct access to the Ops, do you ?

do you think he is a legal immigrant ?
the story i read didn't say but as a Cuban, i doubt it.
however, as history has shown, such persons make excellent street operatives, especially if they don't want to be deported ... easy pickins for such manipulations.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I knew a man who had a closet full of uniforms for military, police, and other costumes. He also had a Screen Actors Guild membership, as these outfits were used when he had a small background job in TV or movie productions. He even had a fake police badge. No actual ID cards though.

But Roy Antigua went all the way with the impersonation tools. How many times have you seen on TV, the bad guys get a car that looks official, looking like military or law enforcement, go to a victim's neighborhood and door, and abducts someone? I think he was using these outfits for fraud. I've heard even about interrogation outfits that keep the lie going with abducted people, appearing as officials when they aren't, and pulling social engineering tricks to deceive their marks.

What is worse that it is called using a costume in private investigations, where the PI looks official, and gets his information about someone through a suitable guise. People say a lot to someone who may look like he's from the Department of Defense, has the ID cards for realism, and he's asking about a neighbor who is a suspected terrorist. He could be looking like that while trespassing and breaking and entering. He could be using it for photoshopping scenes, or phony news pictures. He could be bringing this stuff to the local VA, hanging out at a desk all day, doing some unorthodox business there.

Looking at the video of the actual badges, I remember seeing those in the back of a magazine in the 1990s. You could buy the phony IDs for about thirty bucks each. You could get fake dog tags, laminates for these phony IDs that you could type in the name yourself. The ads were geared for young men who wanted to try to trick the gas station attendant into selling them alcohol or tobacco. Sold as a novelty, but of course, used for fraud. But these were minors, so the charges are different for young people than a 52 year old man. 3 More years for him and he doesn't need the military discounts when he can get a senior discount.

The last time I saw pictures of a man dressing up to be all sorts of people, it was in a spy magazine. This guy maybe be sneaking into secure locations, taking stuff without being noticed. Or he may just be deceiving girlfriends that he's got an important job somewhere, leaving a coat on the coatrack where it can be seen. He could be 10 different men to ten different girlfriends.

There is some equipment that is only for sale to members of the military. Or he could be using his props in amateur photography to sell to the adult magazine industry. His face, it has had a lot of plastic surgery. His upper lip, his nose has scars. His cheeks look liposuctioned. His forehead looks like it had a lift, and are those Botox needle scars above his eyebrows? It could be that his real name is not on any of those fake IDs.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

no worries he's a used car salesman trying to pick up married women by pretending to be a spy. oh wait that was the movie true lies with arnold schwarzenegger!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Not sure if this will apply but...

Wasn't a law passed a few years back making the use of certain government seals/logos a crime. Seems like those would be needed on the ID.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
this is crazy. i made an account just to comment on this. i live in new port richey and i can tell you all that this is the a small little hick town that never has any news coming out of it. havent heard a peep about this from the local news station. youd think i would have considering how odd this story is..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join