Police Try To Unravel Mystery Of Man With Huge Stash Of Fake IDs

page: 2
30
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
maybe hes an intersteller space coyote...sounds like he was helping aliens to earth and setting them up with green cards...ect Dang I am impressed I want to find out this guys booking # so I can become his pen pal...talk about someone who would have some interesting stories to tell...I'm on it!!!




posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
All, I'd just like to point out that the police and press are notorious at overreacting. They'll argue to their last breath that a yellow water gun was a deadly weapon and that 3 guns is a 'horde' of weapons or 'stash'. I'm curious to see what a CIA uniform is. How many of these are going to end up being adult costumes ordered online for Halloween?


He had a doctor's bag, complete with instruments, and photos of him holding a newborn!

He had blue lights installed in his SUV, with Coast Guard Plates, and a DHS security sticker.

Those are not things you do for Halloween.

This is an extremely dangerous guy, and the only question is how many victims might be out there, and to what extent are they victims. Were they just misled and defrauded, or were they raped, murdered, and their identities and credentials stolen. Either way it is a major crime.

How would you feel if you found out this guy delivered your baby, or flew your family on a plane to the Bahamas?



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 
really ??? this makes you nervous ?? i find that hard to believe.
from your own link ...

So far, authorities have found out he is from Cuba and has family in Miami. He is single.
this has CIA written all over it ... i cannot believe anyone thinks this is unusual for a Miami affiliated Cuban. hello ? are we still on planet Earth ?



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93
 


CIA involvement within my state makes me nervous by itself, but that isn't all.

It frightens me that he may or may not even be the guy that is from Cuba and has family in Miami. What if he killed that guy and assumed that identity? It appears some of his credentials are real, and some are fake. What if the real ones are stolen ones, and the fake ones were used for something on the fly?

Also, if there is CIA involvement, why the subpar Coast Guard ID? Did they want him to get caught? Is he a plant? Disavowed? Misdirection?

Too many questions so far, but it is frightening to wonder how long he may have been operating undetected.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Hypothetically speaking I could see a very likely motivation as nothing more malicious than just seeing if he could.

How awesome of a scavenger hunt would that be?

First one back here with diplomat plates and a NASA flight suit wins. Ready, set, go!

I used to spend a ton of time when I was younger trying to make fake ID badges the way they would in TV shows. Printing out an example or photocopying a real one and cutting a gluing passport photos and laminating things and trying to find patters in assigned numbers and check digits, using bends and smudges to cover up the fact that they were fake and lots more.

It was fun.

No harm done.


It almost seems more like a collection than anything nefarious. If he didn't use any of the fake ID's for anything, is there a crime comitted?



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc
 



It almost seems more like a collection than anything nefarious. If he didn't use any of the fake ID's for anything, is there a crime comitted?


You may not have read through the thread yet, but there were several crimes that are already known, but the scary part is the unknown ones. He impersonated a Naval Officer at a Memorial Day event, he may have impersonated a doctor and delivered a baby, he flew a plane with at least one passenger, he has blue lights installed in his SUV, he was on probation and violated that, just to name a few.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
Okay, so, what was this guy arrested for?

Why were his homes searched?

Suspicious activity is one thing, but, suspicious activity does not equate to doing something illegal. Last I checked, there'd need be evidence that this fellow was committing crimes and guilty of something illegal before getting raided, scooped up and searched.

Edit: okay, here's from the link why he was arrested and what led to the search:


Police arrested Antigua in the coastal Florida city of New Port Richey on August 1 for violation of parole and a traffic offense. But that was not the first dealings authorities had had with the mysterious man,

Steffens told reporters. In May, Steffens said he met Antigua at a memorial ceremony and he was wearing the blue uniform of a lieutenant commander of the U.S. Coast Guard. Antigua introduced himself to Steffens as a member of the Coast Guard and asked questions about the ceremony. Steffens said he saw Antigua again when he was being arrested on August 1.

When he was in custody, an officer noticed that the identification card Antigua provided seemed strange and had plastic where it shouldn't have been. This launched the investigation that led to the stash, Steffens said.


edit on 7-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)





You entered this statement in your post above:
"Edit: okay, here's from the link why he was arrested and what led to the search:"

Can you please post the link for this info?

Thank You



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Hypothetically speaking I could see a very likely motivation as nothing more malicious than just seeing if he could.

How awesome of a scavenger hunt would that be?

First one back here with diplomat plates and a NASA flight suit wins. Ready, set, go!

I used to spend a ton of time when I was younger trying to make fake ID badges the way they would in TV shows. Printing out an example or photocopying a real one and cutting a gluing passport photos and laminating things and trying to find patters in assigned numbers and check digits, using bends and smudges to cover up the fact that they were fake and lots more.

It was fun.

No harm done.


I joined the Army at 17 between my junior and senior years in high school.

My sister had joined but was recycled so many times at AIT she was just let go.

So the Armed forces ID's had your name and picture on the front, with birthdate and other info on the back. So I stuck our ID's together and relaminated them.

Never went without beer or booze from then on.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys
 


I don't know what link he used, but similar information is in This link.
edit on 7-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


Thank you for your kind help.
(second line as required)



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by NavyDoc
 



It almost seems more like a collection than anything nefarious. If he didn't use any of the fake ID's for anything, is there a crime comitted?


You may not have read through the thread yet, but there were several crimes that are already known, but the scary part is the unknown ones. He impersonated a Naval Officer at a Memorial Day event, he may have impersonated a doctor and delivered a baby, he flew a plane with at least one passenger, he has blue lights installed in his SUV, he was on probation and violated that, just to name a few.


He's a licensed pilot, so that fact that he flew with a passenger doesn't mean anything.

He's obviously up to no good, but he knows how to fly.

Most of his stuff is expired, including his medical, but he was actively flying for a while to get all those ratings, they can't be faked like an ID card.

I think he was trying to scam people, that he used the ID's and uniforms to give himself credibility. Whether it was women on love scams or investors, he was scamming.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic
 


My main concern is the security threat to the nation, followed by the threat to women being pulled over at night by a guy in uniform with official plates and blue lights (we had a serial rapist that did that here in my town), but the most real and direct concern is the fake physician's assistant license, the scrubs, surgical gear, and picture of him holding a newborn. That goes beyond just scamming women, that is an extreme healthcare concern and evidence of mental instability!



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Honor93
 


CIA involvement within my state makes me nervous by itself, but that isn't all.

It frightens me that he may or may not even be the guy that is from Cuba and has family in Miami. What if he killed that guy and assumed that identity? It appears some of his credentials are real, and some are fake. What if the real ones are stolen ones, and the fake ones were used for something on the fly?

Also, if there is CIA involvement, why the subpar Coast Guard ID? Did they want him to get caught? Is he a plant? Disavowed? Misdirection?

Too many questions so far, but it is frightening to wonder how long he may have been operating undetected.
wait ?? FL/Miami being a CIA central ops point is news to you ??
is your knowledge of recent history lacking? ... it's been that way since WWII or thereabouts.
why does this surpise you in any way, shape or form?


What if he killed that guy and assumed that identity?
other than it wouldn't be a first, what's the point here ? there are ways of discovering such.


It appears some of his credentials are real, and some are fake.
yeah, and this would be a red flag of what other than CIA ops ??
{i could be wrong here, but most con artsits, don't keep such materials handy if you know what i mean}

some of those questions will be answered in due time, however, much as the "unscathed passport" of certain participants in the most explosive event of this century has never been explained, many of your questions are not meant to be answered.

knowing how long the CIA has been operating in this State, it's really no surprise, honest.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Honor93 because: typo



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Judging by the guy's mugshot? He looks like your typical lunatic.I am willing to buy his excuse of living in a fantasy land, but I would definitely give the guy a thorough interview to find out what he may have been up too. Find out where he acquired these uniforms, and identification badges. No real conspiracy here, because a lot of the items in his possession can be had on the black market or can be bought at military surplus stores.

We hear about individuals going to military events in full uniform claiming to be something they are not with the "Stolen Valor," incidents. Many of the individuals that got outed as frauds have never served a day in the military, but can play a good game. Apparently, these individuals are unhappy with their lives and parade around the community as others whom are well-regarded and highly-esteemed. Just your typical two-bit con-men, and they are all over the place.

My guess is he has probably committed a heck of a lot of frauds, and scams. People just have to remain vigilant and watchful, because these individuals are quite clever and can fool just about anyone. I am glad this guy was arrested, because as some have already pointed out; he is a threat to the public. Send him to a shrink, and then to jail if found guilty of any crimes. There are a lot of people that make a living off of scamming people, and he is just one person that is part of a very large group of con-artists, fraudsters, and shysters.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Could be a conspiracy or a creeper or perhaps just like this guy.

Frank Abangale Leonardo Decaprio played him in the movie about his story. He was a confidence man and a fraud so therefore a criminal but to my knowledge he never really committed a violent crime. Dude was obviously smart he passed the bar exam with no law school at all… Sometimes people have to take it several times even after law school to pass.

Could be the guy is just harmless and wanted to get chicks who knows, look at the mug shot - hell he needs the help. Other than being a convicted theif that is...
edit on 7/8/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93
 


If he was a CIA agent, then he was either a piss-poor one, or he needed to intentionally get caught for some reason. That is why the CIA angle is so fascinating and frightening. Why would they equip their guy so shoddily, and get him arrested? What mission could be at play here, or what manipulation of the local population or law enforcement?

Any thoughts on how this could be a CIA OP? What would their intention be?



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by AGWskeptic
 


My main concern is the security threat to the nation, followed by the threat to women being pulled over at night by a guy in uniform with official plates and blue lights (we had a serial rapist that did that here in my town), but the most real and direct concern is the fake physician's assistant license, the scrubs, surgical gear, and picture of him holding a newborn. That goes beyond just scamming women, that is an extreme healthcare concern and evidence of mental instability!


Not a fake license, fake ID card.

Pretty big difference between the 2.

And I have a picture of me in scrubs holding a baby, most fathers do.




On another note, they need to search his residence better, if there is ammo there are guns too.

edit on 7-8-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
He looks Mossad or illuminati related
people that much IDs .. means that he is a trickster
took so many false identity to do "business trip"
he is a mercenairy aka a hitman that probably killed a lot of people
and make it look like an accident or a suicide

These guys are the most dangerous ones because they are very inteligent
good thing he was caught

will he remain in prison for a long time ?
the people who invested in this hitman are powerfull
if they can create false IDs .. they can create false report or order release
that he was working for CIA or mossad and that he is a good agent


hope nobody will release him and be sure he dont suicide himself to keep what info he have
he know that there are many drugs that can make him sing like Celine Dion



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Guess what happens when people can't even afford to bury their loved ones anymore?

One word ................

ebay



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81
 


If he was that smart why did he give such a shoddy ID to the police?

He's no spy, in his mind maybe, but he's not working for any government.

I wouldn't assume this guy is smart just because he can make fake ID's and buy uniforms from surplus stores and on line.

In fact, I'd say it makes him pretty stupid.





top topics
 
30
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join