It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Try To Unravel Mystery Of Man With Huge Stash Of Fake IDs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Police Try To Unravel Mystery Of Man With Huge Stash Of Fake IDs

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Police in Florida are trying to solve a mystery surrounding a man arrested with an enormous stash of fake military, law enforcement and medical paraphernalia including federal badges, police radios and even a full NASA flight suit and helmet.

In all, Roy Antigua had about 200 suspicious items when he was arrested this month, said James Steffens, chief of the New Port Richey Police Department.

The cache found in Antigua's two homes and Cadillac Escalade included diplomatic license plates and dozens of fake identification cards from the Department of Homeland Security, Immigrati
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Wow...What could this guy have been up to? Talk about being suspicious! I'm sure the authorities will pick this guy's life apart...as they should. This man could have done a lot of harm with the credentials that he had. This is great fodder for the ATS crowd, plenty to speculate on here......

The NASA connection is strange. Does anyone know of any upcoming NASA missions that this guy could have been interested in sabotaging? The fact that he had all kinds of First Responder IDs is interesting as well.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hoarder.
No doubt a hardcore memeber of ATS with 25,000 posts and 200stars.

I cant imagine a real agent been caught with this amount of equipment. We'll see anyway becvause if the media goes hush about this subject then it must have some substance, if they take the piss out of the guy well then the guys just a wannabe

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm wondering if he will turn out like that guy that Leonardo Di Caprio played in the movie 'Catch Me If You Can' which was based on the true story of Frank Abagnale Jr.

He was an impressive imposter who eluded the FBI for years before being caught if you aren't aware of the story.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
VERY interesting!!

A spy? Or one of a team like on "Leverage"?
Or watches too many movies and shows and reads too many books to not give it a try himself...
boy, would I love to be part of the investigation into this case. Really interesting..

Thanks for this, it is good fodder for ATS...

the article doesn't give a hint as to whether the guy is employed, is an American, has a family...just that he was on parole and had a traffic ticket.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I am guessing he was up to no good. Spy perhaps or burned spy? Or simply the go to guy for fake id's and such. I an sure this will lead to somewhere, interesting to watch unfold if the news keeps current on it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hypothetically speaking I could see a very likely motivation as nothing more malicious than just seeing if he could.

How awesome of a scavenger hunt would that be?

First one back here with diplomat plates and a NASA flight suit wins. Ready, set, go!

I used to spend a ton of time when I was younger trying to make fake ID badges the way they would in TV shows. Printing out an example or photocopying a real one and cutting a gluing passport photos and laminating things and trying to find patters in assigned numbers and check digits, using bends and smudges to cover up the fact that they were fake and lots more.

It was fun.

No harm done.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

Amazing, isn't it? The guy frauds over 2.5M dollars, and they give him a flipping job in the FBI field offices.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Or,it could be something as mundane as...he did it to impress women he met in bars.....

Des

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
BAN GUNS NOW... Errr, I mean, ah, just fake ids...

Still, BAN GUNS NOW...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I was wondering what happened to real Jason Bourne, and we got now this fake one on Friday.

It is really worrying that someone could collect that many fake IDs before being suspicious.

Major fail for homeland security?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

I'll have to dig up the story. But yesterday, I read of the IRS busting a person who filed over 300 tax returns for the *same address* to the tune of over 3 million dollars, which, the IRS sent to him.

Yep...our tax dollars for government fraud agencies flying out the window.

Des

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

And I've been waiting 4 months for my $0.34 refund.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Okay, so, what was this guy arrested for?

Why were his homes searched?

Suspicious activity is one thing, but, suspicious activity does not equate to doing something illegal. Last I checked, there'd need be evidence that this fellow was committing crimes and guilty of something illegal before getting raided, scooped up and searched.

Edit: okay, here's from the link why he was arrested and what led to the search:

Police arrested Antigua in the coastal Florida city of New Port Richey on August 1 for violation of parole and a traffic offense. But that was not the first dealings authorities had had with the mysterious man,

Steffens told reporters. In May, Steffens said he met Antigua at a memorial ceremony and he was wearing the blue uniform of a lieutenant commander of the U.S. Coast Guard. Antigua introduced himself to Steffens as a member of the Coast Guard and asked questions about the ceremony. Steffens said he saw Antigua again when he was being arrested on August 1.

When he was in custody, an officer noticed that the identification card Antigua provided seemed strange and had plastic where it shouldn't have been. This launched the investigation that led to the stash, Steffens said.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Yep, they should wait until he does something really bad...

Personal right is more important then everyone's well being, right? (as long as that does not include our personal well being
)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Regardless of the details of this case, you cannot charge someone for having the ability to do something illegal.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This guy is a SCARY individual!! I posted a thread, but it is duplicate of this thread, so I'm going to bring a couple of links over here.

For those questioning why he was arrested, there are MANY reasons, but the original one was a violation of probation. They are sure to add some charges for unlicensed practice of medicine, impersonating an officer, and probably many, many more.

He is either a super-spy, or he is completely insane yet operating normally in very complex fields such as aviation and hospitals. Either way it is frightening.

Another source

So far, authorities have found out he is from Cuba and has family in Miami. He is single. And he owns a worrisome hoard of law enforcement, military and medical uniforms, badges, identification cards and supplies, discovered when Antigua's home was searched after he was arrested on an unrelated charge.

Antigua, 52, had a NASA uniform. U.S. Customs. The Navy. The CIA. Secret Service. Homeland Security. Dozens of military medals. A flight helmet and flight instructor badge. A Boy Scout troop leader uniform.

Officers found a suitcase full of medical scrubs and a black leather doctor's bag with instruments. Antigua had badges saying he was a physician's assistant. There was a photo of Antigua in scrubs holding a newborn. Steffens said his team is investigating to find out where that was taken and what role Antigua played.

Investigators also found ammunition for semiautomatic guns and assault rifles, but no weapons. Antigua's shiny black Cadillac Escalade with dark tinted windows had a Department of Homeland Security registration sticker and a Coast Guard license plate. He had blue flashing lights and handcuffs.

And a Blog verifying his flight credentials----- assuming his name is a real name and not just an assumed identity.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic

Regardless of the details of this case, you cannot charge someone for having the ability to do something illegal.

True, but highly suspicious. Ted Bundy was known to wear police
and fire fighter uniforms.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
All, I'd just like to point out that the police and press are notorious at overreacting. They'll argue to their last breath that a yellow water gun was a deadly weapon and that 3 guns is a 'horde' of weapons or 'stash'. I'm curious to see what a CIA uniform is. How many of these are going to end up being adult costumes ordered online for Halloween?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

Antigua's shiny black Cadillac Escalade with dark tinted windows had a Department of Homeland Security registration sticker and a Coast Guard license plate. He had blue flashing lights and handcuffs.

So does anybody know the whereabouts of Mitt Romney during this?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join