It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police raid wrong house, kill family dog and make children sit with its bloody corpse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
Is there actually a legitimate source for this story or are we all going buy a biasedly written 'story' from a website that is basically made out of advertising? If this has happened in the way which the biasedly written article is depicting the incident then this is shocking and the officers should face disciplinary proceedings. Before the police haters start piling in labelling all police officers or employees of the police as one and judging them for decisions a small number of officers took, they are not to blame for others mistakes.

the actual complaint was provided four post above yours.

Here.

After reading the complaint, it sounds like Shawn Scovill is a real fine cop.

edit on 7-8-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This happened a lot in Iraq over the last decade...
Didn't see many threads.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by davidmann

The united states government hates us, for our freedom.

Awesome way to turn their own sloganeering against them.

Answer: They hate us for our freedoms.

Question: Who is the United States Government?

edit on 7-8-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Well, I was going to say who. I think it's obvious. At this hour, it is obvious. Who is behind the inconceivable technology being used to imply fascist control of our lives, every aspect of it? I no longer watch TV. I simply wait for people here to post what I knew 20 years ago. That means we're waking up. Case in point, colorado jen's thread on facebook media shills creating a conditioned psychological cultural response to their statements about 'not dating anyone who's not on facebook', and that you may, in fact, be a psychopath if you're not registered.

That last sentence, in itself, is spilled blood. You'll see it later, but it was already spilled. Just like before the revolutionary war. The idea is in itself repugnant, and full of intent. It's an idea who's time ought never have come. But it did come.

www.youtube.com...

Smart grid (meters talking to NSA about your dildo collection, or improper lightbulb being used).
-every watt of electricity must be accounted for. Every usage will have a coded signal. If not, violator. Why?

Regulated (completely controlled and censored and set to punish violators) internet.

Civilian militia...to fight or defend against what, exactly?

These are the three things mike wants. Who the f paid for this 9 part broadcast? That's who.

Technology is being applied to fascist control, obviously. Technofascism. Today is just the beginning. As you may have guessed, it ends in skynet, and remote assassinations, based on mind content. They are in the government like I am in my skin. That's who.

And since my meter's running, I'll tell you one more thing. Anyone who knows too much, even on a spiritual level only, stands a good chance of being killed in a black op shooting spree. Just because they like power. One can see by the way the coverage is presented that the theme is of implied control. Four shooters reported. Shooter had 2 room mates. Shooter is delusional loner who left no indication of his intent to storm the playground. Just listen to the shill witnesses, use your lie detector, if it hasn't been perverted into believing lies are truth. They are rubbing it in our faces. (I thought building 7 was a little risky, from their perspective, but it worked) Until skynet's fully operational, random acts of planned murder will do.

Power, undeserved, unearned power, is the root of evil.

'..since there were no laws, nothing was illegal in Oceania. But Winston could be reasonably certain that, caught with writing materials, he'd be summarily vaporized.'

When did totalitarian ways and means EVER nurture, respect, or even tolerate Liberty?
edit on 7-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Comparing war to domestic policing is real smart.

The fog of war and the chaos of big weapons is a whole different environment.

War is sloppy justice, at best. We all know that. This is why we try to avoid war.

We expect more from police. They don't have as many excuses. And it's where we live too.
edit on 7-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Before the police haters start piling in labelling all police officers or employees of the police as one and judging them for decisions a small number of officers took, they are not to blame for others mistakes.

But they are.

With all the buck passing and all the alleged checks and balances that would have had to fail for this to happen one must conclude that all police are culpable.

We have investigators who cant read house numbers.
Judges who sign warrants simply because somebody asked for one.
SWAT teams that have to be used to justify their expense to taxpayers.
Media whore little boys playing dress-up to satisfy their egos.
And at the bottom mindless pawns who just follow orders because that's all they are paid to do.

If one of those things screws up the whole process is tainted. If no one calls out the taint or requests a pause in the action the whole chain is corrupted and all are responsible.

Given how many departments accept federal funds, federal training and run on the federal threat assessment model then everyone from all the cops on the scene to Eric Holder himself is responsible.

All because there wasnt one idiot in that bunch who could be bothered to double-check an address.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

That's quite a laundry list.
For me, it is hard to believe that it all happened because of stupidity and ineptitude.

Looks like some of it is intentional.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Lets show them something, like this one

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

We expect more from police. Sloppiness isn't accepted.[

I'll try to find it but after one of these glorious botched raids a couple of years ago a magazine, Reason I think, interviewed a military guy who was responsible for conducting raids in Iraq.

He stated that because of public image they were held to crazy high standards before they could set a raid up.

He continued to say that American police in the US are working under very loose standards that should be unacceptable.

So, according to his statements, a raid in a warzone is less likely to end in such a way as a raid in the US.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Before the police haters start piling in labelling all police officers or employees of the police as one and judging them for decisions a small number of officers took, they are not to blame for others mistakes.

But they are.

With all the buck passing and all the alleged checks and balances that would have had to fail for this to happen one must conclude that all police are culpable.

We have investigators who cant read house numbers.
Judges who sign warrants simply because somebody asked for one.
SWAT teams that have to be used to justify their expense to taxpayers.
Media whore little boys playing dress-up to satisfy their egos.
And at the bottom mindless pawns who just follow orders because that's all they are paid to do.

If one of those things screws up the whole process is tainted. If no one calls out the taint or requests a pause in the action the whole chain is corrupted and all are responsible.

Given how many departments accept federal funds, federal training and run on the federal threat assessment model then everyone from all the cops on the scene to Eric Holder himself is responsible.

All because there wasnt one idiot in that bunch who could be bothered to double-check an address.

With all due respect I am afraid I have to disagree. Now I'm not going to sit here and write out a sarcastic post as is the tendency for some during these debates as you do bring up some valid points however colleagues cannot control what actions the officers took. If the officers were told by a superior to carry out the actions then yeah, sure others are to blame. However, the officers should have been professional enough to carry out risk assessments, the history of the address and so on and I'm sure there would have been an intelligence department that put this all together. Also, the powers and law the officers used should have been justified and proportionate.

The whole chain is not corrupted, it's a broken link that ruins it - not the rest of the chain.
edit on 7-8-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Clearly the police are in the wrong in this case.

I think that the officer in charge should at a minimum be fired.

You just cannot make a mistake when you're doing a no knock drug bust. People can end up dead.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
The family shouldn't receive any money. IMHO the officers involved in this massive screw up should all be let go. I'm in the healthcare industry, and if I make a mistake as big as this I could lose my license and never get to practice again. How is this any different??

difference is that,you a healthcare professional doesn't come kicking in my door.
and you also can't, shoot my dog, cuff me,tell me to shut up and sit down, if you did try it with out a gun, i'm gonna say_ _ _ _ you and kick your ass. maybe even get my gun and shoot you. i live in a castle law state.

most people who aren't criminals listen to cops because, they believe in what a cop is suppose stand for.
but when cops, act like jack boot thugs, or wannabe army boys who couldn't hack, or make such a mistake and don't try to stop said mistake from escalating into more than what it is or try to cover it up. that is the difference.

and that family deserve every dime they can get, and each officer should be fired and the department should lose funding and forced to operate at the same capacity as before and then if they don't those who are in charge have to goand new people put in place, until they do.
this should go on until they realize they work for us. and are not the ones who are in charge.
edit on 7-8-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't even know how to wrap my brain around this story.........

The most horrible memory of my childhood was finding our family dog dead, of natural causes, he was old...I can't even imagine the fear, sadness and terror these children and this family went through...My God....WTF...why would the children even be handcuffed? It doesn't get any more cruel then to kill a pet in front of kids....I am just at a loss for words........

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Very sad story, yet more proof of the illuminati

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
First they came for the "protection" dogs;
I did nothing because i did not have one

Then they came for the medium sized dogs,
I did nothing because i did not have one

Then they came for the large dogs,
I did nothing because I did not have one,

Then they came for ALL dogs.

Then they came for me, because there was no one here to protect me.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
how many times we hear this kind of thing. sad story. something is wrong with the system.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I agree they should be charged with first degree murder along with the civil suit, and that there is no possible way this was an accident. They were deliberately targetting this man. And I've noticed alot of Itlalians have been speaking up, or working for disclosure and I questioned if they had intelligence background or information.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

love your viewpoints, nothing but the damn truth right there

anyways this is so sad...my heart goes out for those kids, and the parents.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

The whole chain is not corrupted, it's a broken link that ruins it - not the rest of the chain.

The chain is not as effective anymore, or even complete trash, when there is a broken link in it. These officers should be culling the ranks themselves, if they want to be respected as a group. Toss the broken links, literally to the trash, and replace them with solid ones.
edit on 7-8-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
reply to post by ProfessorT

The chain is not as effective anymore, or even complete trash, when there is a broken link in it. These officers should be culling the ranks themselves, if they want to be respected as a group. Toss the broken links, literally to the trash, and replace them with solid ones.
edit on 7-8-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

I agree.

I'm not sure what goes on in the US in regards to disciplinary proceedings and so on but over here in the UK the police service is a lot stricter when it comes to police employees who have brought the service into disrepute. We have internal and external disciplinary groups. Senior officers and staff are seen on TV and in the media promoting professional conduct and it's fair to say the majority of officers and staff in the UK show this day-in-day-out as do the higher-ups. I'm not saying our police service is perfect but they do strive to be. Mistakes can be made but it's upto the individual who has made it to realise what they have done. Passing the blame does not work here in the police unless the decision which was taken includes other people and an investigation proves that wrongdoing is/was present. I get the feeling that the states police forces are not monitored that well?!
edit on 7-8-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
The family shouldn't receive any money. IMHO the officers involved in this massive screw up should all be let go. I'm in the healthcare industry, and if I make a mistake as big as this I could lose my license and never get to practice again. How is this any different??

Haha really?

You need it explained?

You can't see how storming into someones home with weapons drawn, in a threatening manner and killing a family pet all while traumatizing children? All because they were sloppy in their police work?

Either you are totally full of it, or are out on a (s)troll, or man perhaps you're just that enslaved in your mind already, Cops don't have malpractice insurance either so, Please explain how this isn't different.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Lysergic because: our and are blah

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join