It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking White Privilege

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In California students are required to take Spanish so they can understand the Spanish speaking people.

Why can't they be required to learn English?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Good point. Ever tried to order food at a southern california mcdonalds? you'd better know spanish or you aren't getting your food. THe mcdonalds by my house is all one type of ethnic minority employee wise. I've seen them treat people who don't speak spanish like they don't exist. WIll bring their food out waaaaaaay later sometimes 15 minutes) than someone who does speak spanish that ordered after you. I'm talking about the same combo meal. It's like they just give your order to them and make you wait for their order. If thats not discrimination than I don't know what is.

Or how bout the blank stares because they don't "understand" english when I order. Sure looks like they are being the biased ones not me.

I know a police officer in LA. he once told me that if he pulls someone over and they make the traffic stop a pain in the ass because they claim they don't speak english, his gut impulse is to arrest that person on the spot for interfering with a police officers duties. He doesn't actually do the arrest but it puts him on edge to go that direction with the traffic stop. His argument is that if someone claims while living in Los Angeles that they understand no english than they are full of BS and are lying to the police right there to make things more difficult on the police and to try and get around a traffic citation. Although he does admit that there are exceptions like the 80 year old romainian grandmother or something.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
OP loves to live in a fantasy world. He thinks minorities have more privilege and regurgitates stormfront talking points.
edit on 8-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
He thinks minorities have more privilege and regurgitates stormfront talking points.

If privilege exists and plays a part in success, then Asians, a minority, must be the most privileged race. The evil white oppressive system didn't manage to stop them from having a higher average income than whites, higher test scores, and lower crime rates.
Why don't people hark on about 'Asian privilege'?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

Easy,they aren't white

Wanna Talk about White privilege?
Try telling this White immigrant to America about white privilege.It's a load of crap.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The answers to life questions are always simple. Why make this hard ATS? People of the same racial tribe will always give their own priority and whites are the majority. So duh see the logic here? There is no privilege just racial priority. For example me being a employer and I have two candidates of equal status. I'm going to choose the candidate that looks like me and I'm sure the rest of you would if you're honest.Not because of privilege racism or discrimination.Its because I identify with said person and wouldn't logic say if we both identify we will have a better employee employer relationship?No such thing as privilege just racial priority its a natural human decision thought process.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
To the guy saying he couldn't get General Relief and Food Stamp benefits I believe him. Lets be honest we are conditioned to think whites have no woes
and also lets be honest the latino community isn't known to love whites or Blacks either. To anyone who says otherwise try being black or white doing any business in Huntington Park,CA.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Im NOT white, I married a white guy though and "white privilege" is crap and yet another piece of BS to divide and conquer. Im also not black. Ive only experienced racism from blacks though. In fact, the whites and blacks think they are the ONLY "races" that exist and the blacks act like they are the ONLY ones ever oppressed, so I might as well be invisible and my real life experiences for decades in many social and work arenas obviously dont count.

This is 2012.. Im a double minority.. a female and one of the smallest minorities in the US. Somehow I managed to acquire a college education without skin color freebies and succeed in the work place on my own merit.. go figure.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Im NOT white, I married a white guy though and "white privilege" is crap and yet another piece of BS to divide and conquer. Im also not black. Ive only experienced racism from blacks though. In fact, the whites and blacks think they are the ONLY "races" that exist and the blacks act like they are the ONLY ones ever oppressed, so I might as well be invisible and my real life experiences for decades in many social and work arenas obviously dont count.

This is 2012.. Im a double minority.. a female and one of the smallest minorities in the US. Somehow I managed to acquire a college education without skin color freebies and succeed in the work place on my own merit.. go figure.

LOL, you are minority, you got the job because of affirmative action. If it weren't for that somebody white would have that job.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbmgang
To the guy saying he couldn't get General Relief and Food Stamp benefits I believe him. Lets be honest we are conditioned to think whites have no woes
and also lets be honest the latino community isn't known to love whites or Blacks either. To anyone who says otherwise try being black or white doing any business in Huntington Park,CA.

Most people on welfare are white, lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Most people on welfare are white,
so ?? most Americans are white too, what's your point here?

10% of 100,000 is always more than 10% of 10,000

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

The post he was referring to was a person who claimed they were denied public assistance because they were white. That does not make any sense since the majority of people on welfare are white.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by Honor93

The post he was referring to was a person who claimed they were denied public assistance because they were white. That does not make any sense since the majority of people on welfare are white.
whether or not it "makes sense" to you is irrelevant ... it happens and more often than not.

ps: i read the post and i've experienced similar myself only not in the last 10 yrs so i didn't find my experience relative to recent events.
however, anyone who thinks the story is BS isn't using any sense let alone common sense.

since you said ...

That does not make any sense since the majority of people on welfare are white.
does that mean you think if you're white, you're automatically accepted or what exactly?
edit on 9-8-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
whether or not it "makes sense" to you is irrelevant ... it happens and more often than not.

"More often than not" and yet the majority of welfare recipients are white. That logic does not follow at all. It could happening, but it cannot be happening more often than not or the majority of welfare recipients would not be white. But eligibility is determined by income and computers are used to crunch the numbers so.....I don't see how this could happen.If you have proof you are eligible and get rejected anyway, you should contact a human rights organization. Or hell file a lawsuit, sue the state you live in, you will live nicely for the rest of your life.

since you said ... "That does not make any sense since the majority of people on welfare are white." does that mean you think if you're white, you're automatically accepted or what exactly?

Oh not at all. I think that proposition is just as asinine as the "minorities are automatically accepted" one.
edit on 9-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Of course from a white perspective you seen no benefits of your race because you don't know what it's like not to be white. Not saying "The White Man is Keeping Me Down," but to think that there are no advantages of being white in America is simply ignorant. Same way I can't understand the difficulties of being a woman because I only see things from a male perspective, you can't understand the difficulties of being a minority only seeing things from a white perspective.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The article in the OP is really stupid and doesn't address white privilege at all.

Institutionalized racism means any sort of institution, not just government. Of course there are not segregation laws anymore, that would be illegal but society does have a slant that favors white people.

A recent study of females convicted of crimes showed a disheartening correlation that would confirm accusations of racial injustice in the legal system: The lighter a convict’s skin, the shorter their prison sentence tends to be, and the less time they serve.

Light-skinned women were sentenced to an average of 12 percent less time than their darker-skinned peers, and served an average of 11 percent less time in jail, the study found. The researchers used similar crimes to compare sentences, so that they could generate the most accurate, relevant results.
Raw Story (s.tt...

www.rawstory.com...

In a University of Georgia study, light-skinned black men had the edge in hiring over dark-skinned black men, regardless of credentials.

"We found that a light-skinned black male can have only a bachelor's degree and typical work experience and still be preferred over a dark-skinned black male with an MBA and past managerial positions," says Matthew S. Harrison, a University of Georgia doctoral student in applied industrial organizational psychology, who presented his research in August to the Academy of Management in Atlanta.

Blacks tend to get substantially longer prison terms [unlike the one month asserted by Langan above] than whites convicted of the same crimes, even when the Black person is a first time offender and the White person a second- or third-time offender.�44 Clinton Cox adds that, for murder Blacks serve 91.7 months versus 79.8 months for whites; for rape, 55 months for Blacks versus 43.9 for whites; for kidnapping, 41 months for Blacks to 37 for whites; and for robbery, 37.4 for Blacks to 33.3 for whites.

www.yale.edu...

"If the credentials were different, in the case of women, the more qualified or experienced darker-skinned woman got it, but if the qualifications were identical, the lighter-skinned woman was preferred," Mr. Harrison said.

www.post-gazette.com...

A long line of studies have found that U.S. blacks get inferior care for cancer and a variety of other ailments compared to whites but experts concerned about the disparities have struggled to understand why.

Doctors in all racial and ethnic groups showed an implicit preference for whites versus blacks except for black doctors, who did not favor either group.

Studies have shown blacks in the United States are more likely than whites to die from diabetes, strokes, heart attacks and cancer. Some studies have shown this disparity persists when incomes, education and insurance coverage are equal.

www.reuters.com...

A survey of two districts of similar incomes, one being largely white and the other largely black, found that branches in the black community offered largely subprime loans and almost no prime loans. Studies found out that high-income blacks were almost twice as likely to end up with subprime home-purchase mortgages as low-income whites. Loan officers were also apparently aware that what they were doing was exploitative, as they referred to blacks as “mud people” and to subprime lending as “ghetto loans

en.wikipedia.org...

. A 2003 Vanderbilt University study showed that Blacks were almost as three times as likely as Whites to be charged markups or loans financed by General Motors Acceptance Corp. When charged a markup, Black borrowers paid an average of $1229 in extra interest over the life of the loans, compared with the average of $867 paid by Whites---the study covered more than 1.5 million GMAC loans made between 1999 and April of 2003. The report found the differences to be nationwide, although they varied greatly among states. The biggest difference was in Wisconsin with Blacks paying 5 times more than Whites, and California with Blacks paying 1.3 times more. The report further showed that this discrimination was across the board regardless of the profession and credit rating of the buyer or the model of the car purchased. Another analysis of the most recent Federal Reserve Board's Survey of Consumer Finances data, completed on behalf of the Consumer Federation of America, found that in 2004, African-American car buyers paid much higher loan rates on new and used autos than white Americans.

www.opednews.com...

Aside from the government forcing businesses to hire minorities regardless of skills or ability

They don't though. Private businesses affirmative action policies are voluntary not mandated. The only thing a private business cannot do is not hire someone because of their race, gender, whatever else alone.

and then paying for that college education

Who is paying for it? There are scholarships for every race, including whites. There are a ton of academic based scholarships too. Oh yeah, and government backed student loans available to EVERYONE.

But I think getting a free ride through college without having to meet their standards

Again, just not happening. A college is not going to accept someone with horrible SAT scores and GPA just because of their race. They may pick a minority, even over other minorities to have a diverse population but everyone getting in is going to be qualified.

edit on 9-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Everyone knows that women get lesser jail sentences than men. They have a "women jail time privilege". If you accept that as reality (which it is) then you accept that white privilege exists. The facts back it up.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Welfare eligibility goes by the household income, not what race you are.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

that would depend on what you consider "welfare".
the welfare i know (family benefits), has more black single mothers enrolled than white so what exactly is your point ??

oh yeah, since the majority of dead soldiers had families, that could be why more white mothers are involved these days.

so, what is it, now that the numbers are closer, you think this is how it's been forever or what ??

curious, where are your "stats or facts" to support your claim ?
since you offered none ... here's some ...

caveviews.blogs.com...
The percentages of those on welfare by race as of 2011 are listed below in descending order:

Black-39.8%
White-38.8%
Hispanic-15.7%
Other-3.3%
Asian-2.4%

The percentages above does not tell the complete story by any means.

To put this in proper perspective one must recognize that blacks make up only 12.6% of of the total population while whites make up 72.4%.

Per capita, the welfare received by blacks is much higher than the welfare received by whites.

and here's more ...

theobamacrat.com...
Among the poorest of the poor–single mothers, living below the poverty line with minor children to support 39.7 percent of AFDC clients are Black single mothers and 38.1 percent are White women with children. Food stamp recipients are 37.2 percent Black and 46.2 percent White. Medicaid benefits are paid to 27.5 percent Black recipients compared to 48.5 percent White clients.

now, if you care to discuss facts instead of supposition, i'd be happy to participate.
since you seem to be focused on fabrications, get back to me when you've actually created something.

as for my experience, that was then and this is now.
besides, things like this have 'statute limitations' and time limits to file such a claim and the laws have certainly changed a few times since then.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

You are required to take 2 years of a foreign language of your choice.. Or 2 years in a fine art such as Choir, Dance, Band Etc..

Get your facts right.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join