It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain In A Dish Flies Plane

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

OMG I am not sure what to think other than taking the negative approach and figuring that it will be used by the Military Industrialized Nations to do more harm.

On the other side it would be interesting if no animals get harmed in the process. If they start with rats it will not be long before they graduate up the food chain.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
Can we be sure to kill it when it becomes self aware?

Yes, you know how people laugh when you talk about the AI becoming aware, at least when I talk about it.

So what I always say is that it gets down to numbers, once the numbers get big enough it will happen.

This is but another direction the AI could take and become aware in a much shorter time frame

Boy was that dogs head some sick stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
As it sits (sat in 2004?) there's nothing really wrong or unethical. It is applying technology we have been given- namely our own type of biological matter. Understanding how it all works will help us understand ourselves more as well.

Obviously the potential is nearly limitless, limited by our own courage and imagination. Potential for both good and bad...

Personally I am wondering whether or not U of F were the first to do this, for one, and also how much further other "organisations" are with this technology.

Personally I really believe we have AI applied in various tasks already.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join