It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I can not support the Democrats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I dunno which planet some of you live on but it sure isn't the same one that I do. You quote statistics that do not reflect reality. You are making claims that do not represent the facts as they really are.
I don't want to ruin your It's Bushed Fault" bandwagon ride, but let me give you a real life experience. How they pertain to real life people.
Your beloved party is not who you think them to be, If I can't convince you that the Republicans are the lesser of 2 evils, then I hope you can at least understand why I have no alternative than to hold the opinions that I do.
My former employer made it known to both the Democrats and the Republicans that if a certain new tax was placed on them, they would be forced to leave the country.
It got passed and this tax wiped out an entire 120 year old industry.

The Republicans advocated against it and the Democrats worked feverishly to insure that it passed.
That's all I need to know, no other input is necessary.

750 people in my plant alone lost their jobs. With the stroke of a pen our jobs got shipped to another country.
Instead of the new tax money the Democrats thought they would get by calling the industries bluff, They got nothing. And as a result lost the millions and millions of tax dollars they were already getting.
And we lost our jobs

For about 2 months I tried calling them on the phone, left messages on their answering machines and spoke with their aides. Everyone involved knew our last day was July 27th, and for 2 months I tried my best to say to these people, " Surely you have a plan in place, knowing what your actions have caused to help those of us being effected by your legislation." and I would implore them to come talk to us, tell us everything will be alright because you knew before hand this was a possibility and had planned for it.
I herd nothing from no one. July 27th was our last day.

I hope what I have told you is reason enough for you to at least understand why I feel the way I do about the Democrat party and convinces you I have every right to feel this way.

They all knew our last day was July 27th. When I woke on July 28th and was sitting at my desk staring at the computer screen, drinking my coffee, the phone rang, On the other end calling my house was a politician asking me what he could do to help.

They all knew our last day was the 27th, they also knew I had been trying for 2 months to contact them....and they call me on the 28th wanting to help. If I told you I felt insulted it would not convey strongly enough the emotions going through me at that time, and are still inside me today.
They all knew our last day was the 27th,,,,,,,,I got 3 phone calls on the 28th

I swear to everyone reading this, that this is a true story.
Watch this youtube video /watch?v=yzJucmzoQHE
We were people from Africa, from Haiti. We were people from the Ukraine and from Thailand, There was people from every country you could imagine, and some from places you never herd of before. We got along better than brothers and sisters, We looked forward to seeing each other every single day.

We were an example of what the Democrats say they want, people getting along and loving each other no matter where they came from............and the Democrats took it from us, and from all of you

I hope you understand that when you proclaim yourself a proud Democrat you are taking ownership of what happened to me and my co-workers.
You are taking responsibility for it and you are aligning yourself with them.....and against me, my family and the 1000s of people who were effected by this. and if this is how you truly feel about us, that this is the treatment we deserve......then me and you have serious problems

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I only have one thing to say to you.....

....Bipartisanship!

Bummer about your job.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

The thread is titled,

Why I can not support the Democrats

Because they are the same thing as republicans.
Really, do you honestly believe there are two parties?

Funniest joke of the day, two parties!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yes you have every right to say or feel what you want about Democrats.

However your personal experience and those of your "coworkers" is not enough to make the republicans the lesser of two evils

Care to explain why they blocked a bill that would give tax break incentives to.companies that relocated jobs back to the us?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
So your company didn't want to pay taxes that mean old government cutting in on the massive profits that most companies are making. Did you ever stop to think if they can't afford to pay taxes then how can they afford to move out of the country? I say if these companies want to leave let them then we jack up the import taxes on their products by about 400%.

The democrats took nothing from you the greed of your company owners is what to it from you and millions of others.
edit on 7-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Excellent! You're half-way there. Congratulations. Now, once you realize (as has been pointed out above) that the Republicans are essentially the same thing --- think two child molesters just driving different cars --- then you will joi n the ranks of the disappointingly small group who realizes we are being systematically screwed by BOTH sides. Purge ALL the Republicans and ALL the Democrats while there is still time.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'd be curious to know exactly which bill this tax came from and what it's a tax on.

As far as I can tell, the Democrats have gotten very little passed, especially new taxes.
The Republicans have blocked all but the most essential legislation for the last 2 years.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Here I already see some of you distorting things to make it "OK", that this had happened.
One of you shamelessly even had the audacity to say " ooh the poor company didn't want to pay taxes".
That is very disingenuous, and you should be ashamed to even lower yourself to say such a thing. They had been paying ever increasing taxes for over 120 years' .
Shame on you and the ideology you think you believe in. They paid millions and millions of dollars every year. I was a machinist. The need for new parts being made for the machines kept us busy enough to never be bored. We were such a good team that we made parts for factories all over the world. We employed 750 people.
For over a century the business thrived and grew.

We needed no union
If the company was making money, we got raises
If the company was losing money, our paychecks stayed the same,
Not a bad deal at all. You lose and I stay the same.....I like it.
Every couple months the boss would hire a catering company and tell everyone to shut down for one hour,PAID, and go have lunch. It was like someone took Golden Coral and stuck it in the parking lot.

The company pleaded don't raise the tax that much, raise it this much and we can stay. But that wasn't good enough.

There are some of you who rightfully have stated the corruption that lies in both parties. With this I agree 100%.
All I am saying is that Republicans are the lesser of 2 evils,
All of us here are guilty of making sure that no 3rd party is able to succeed. This leaves me with having to choose between 2 parties Republican and Democrat. It is what it is, and those are the 2 choices I have.

When I was a kid, all during the Carter years my dad was out of work, many of my friends dads were out of work and many of my neighbors were out of work. He was a Democrat
When Reagan became president my father and the fathers of my friends got back to work, Reagan was a Republican.
You already know that the Democrats put me out of work,

What am I supposed to think???
Given the information that I have presented to you, what am I supposed to believe??

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

If you look a little harder at that. It was because it was a slight of hand trick. What the Democrats were offering to give they were at the same time being offset by what they were going to take..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Some people just don't get it do they?

But they still want their handouts (not hand-ups, there is a difference), regardless of the burden they put on others.

They just don't get that the math, which is third grade level by the way, just doesn't add up.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You support the Republicans because your Republican, tax-hating boss would rather move to a new country so he can keep his yacht than pay a bit more to stay in America?

Yeah okay, you do that.

You're right, they paid taxes for 120 years.
Except those taxes were higher decades ago than they are now. Whoops!
edit on 7-8-2012 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

actually smart guy, that "bit more" was almost 1000% increase in tax.
You can say what ever you want, it is your right.
but you take my step by step argument and respond to it with garbage
You sure know how to convince people your side is the higher moral ground

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What was the tax?

I can support the DNC because their platform covers a good portion of the beliefs I hold. Not all of them, a few of them aren't even mentioned...but they're more in line with my views than the GOP.

You lost your job and that sucks. I can't say anything to really make you change your mind, you're set in the idea that your employer shipped your job overseas because of something that the government did.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronnieray123

actually smart guy, that "bit more" was almost 1000% increase in tax.
You can say what ever you want, it is your right.
but you take my step by step argument and respond to it with garbage
You sure know how to convince people your side is the higher moral ground

Who the hell said I was attempting to keep the moral high ground? I'm not. I care more about being right and rubbing your face in how wrong you are. I am not a Democrat. I am not moral. And I do not care about your feelings.

If your points and "facts" can not stand up to even the most basic of scrutiny, perhaps you need to reevaluate your thoughts? The Democrats DID NOT STEAL YOUR JOB, your greedy boss did. Yes, he did. Because he could not STAND to take a hit from his pay check. He lives large while you are unemployed, making money off of people who are likely treated only marginally better than SLAVES. That is your REPUBLICAN BOSS ruining the world and America just a little bit more.

The Democrats did not do that. My post and this one are not garbage. Your entire line of thought is.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

To people like you, ALL bosses are greedy jerks. This is why you are assumed to be a Democrat - you are very bitter, anti-wealth, and anti-capitalist. You sound like you'd want to take as much money as possible from every business owner, no matter what good or bad schemes the government would use that money for. I've known many of your type - bitter losers.

I'll bet you've never built anything up from scratch in your life that was worth anything. I'll bet you are a broke joke, relying on others to pay your bills (whether your husband or the govt). I'll bet that you don't understand that most business owners are not filthy rich, they struggle just like everyone else and have a lot of money at risk because they constantly re-invest the profits into the company. If you'd ever run a business you'd know this.

If you believe in the endless wars, the police state, and the wasteful bureaucracy that our tax dollars are spent on, keep voting democrat and keep supporting the "tax the rich" mentality of worthless class-war advocates.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I completely agree with you. My father has his own business. Never ripped anyone off, was always fair, paid all his taxes. We are by no means rich. In fact we've been living off savings for the past year. People talk about business owners being rich. That is the false statement. We only have 1 tv in the house. We never vacation. My father works 7 days a week and 12 hr days. Only 2 members of my immediate family have a cell phone and only from the free phones with the cheapest contract. We also never eat out. People on welfare are doing better than us. Because of the tax rate hikes among business and the increased taxes due to obamacare and what not. My father has lost more than half his clients and had to lay off a large portion of his workforce. We are even thinking about moving out f the country since we can barely survive. When he came to the US he had no money. When my parents married they only had one hundred dollars In the bank account. He worked 2 jobs and studied to get his bacelors and masters in just 4 years while working full time. He created his business from the ground up. I see people on welfare, people that complain about the rich and what not and they have so much more than us. Technically we can go on social assistance but we don't. My father is a very proud person and truly did once believe In The American dream. And now I see him everyday looking more and more depressed. The American dream is dead. It is too hard to continue his business. I'm sorry but republicans are really the lesser of two evils. People take and take, want and want. Not realising what they truly need. If people actually understood the situation for oat small business owners they would agree. Sorry for the rant

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Rant:

"greedy Monopoly bosses shipping jobs overseas".... How simple that thinking is....

The "accountants" do a profit and loss statement meet with the owner and say:" Sales are down: after payroll; benefits; taxes and materials we will not be able to make our loan payments after this quarter.

You can only run at a loss for so many months before the company goes bankrupt and locks the gates.
Or we can contract out that precision part to the lowest bidding chinese firm for say a 50% cost reduction. and stay afloat for two consecutive quarters before the till runs dry.Maybe sales will pickup in that time?
Mr. monopoly says:" Guess we need to find a new business to get into". Going through that myself . the Powersports( motorcycles/ATV) industry dealer magazines say Powersports dealershave been hits so hard something like 40%of powersports dealers are closing for good. "Theshop I work with are reducing shop hours to "leave your name and number; we'll call you back.

Hard numbers matternot some grumpy monocled stereotypical rich guy robber baron . When the costs exceed the returns. doors close and the lights go out.Many small businessowners takenosalary for manyyears to keep afloat.
edit on 8-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The problem with politics is when you have to choose between
the lesser of two evils,you are still choosing evil!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My top 5 reason I can not support the Democrats

1. I'm a white male
2. I'm straight
3. Married to the same woman for 21 years
4. Not in the 1%, but feeling the pinch by being in the Top 25%
5. I feel I can take care of myself and my family much better than government can.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
So your company didn't want to pay taxes that mean old government cutting in on the massive profits that most companies are making. Did you ever stop to think if they can't afford to pay taxes then how can they afford to move out of the country?

Because "shipping jobs overseas" is a figure of speech!( a sound bite). Owner say swe can't afford the cost of doing"X" in the the states so they find contractor who will make the same part for 50% of the cost and they order from them; nothing physically Leaves the country.except the demand for American made/priced goods..

Originally posted by buster2010

say if these companies want to leave let them then we jack up the import taxes on their products by about 400%.

The democrats took nothing from you the greed of your company owners is what to it from you and millions of others.

This is why we can't have nice things.( i.e.a civil discussion.) "soundbite logic".

edit on 7-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join