It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Not Landed - But Is Good Entertainment For The TV Brain Washed Masses

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by Samuelis

Op is trying to illustrate the general untrustworthiness of your current government, and the very large amount of money numb-skulled taxpayers like yourself are more than glad to pay without a single grain of proof.

What government would I be paying then? Do you even know?

Let's talk about what would constitute proof in a world where literally anything presented is labelled as fake by those who called themselves "conspiracy theorists":

1) Photos? No good, they can be faked. Good quality photos are too good to be true, and bad quality photos are obviously clear fakes because NASA has the tech to do better
2) Video? No good, see above, same rules apply
3) Personal testimony from those working at NASA, with NASA, or in any way affiliated with NASA. No good, no matter how many of them there are they're all probably in on it
4) Physical samples taken from space. No good, they could have come from anywhere.
5) They could physically take me to somewhere like the moon. No good, there are advanced drugs and other methods that can be used to create a fake reality, plant memories and the like, and it could all be simulated once I get in the craft anyway

What did I miss?

The entire point.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by humphreysjim

You do press an excellent point.
I do have to say though, the most a buddy has ever asked me to loan him is a couple hundred bucks, which I gladly did without a second thought.
I have never been asked to loan or just GIVE anyone 2.5 billion however.

I don't get the point you're trying to make.

Are you suggesting that expenses are evidence against the Mars landing being legitimate? Because that would be an example of an invalid thought process.

Your post is an example of down syndrome. Go be a downer somehwere else.

Op is trying to illustrate the general untrustworthiness of your current government, and the very large amount of money numb-skulled taxpayers like yourself are more than glad to pay without a single grain of proof.

After reading your post about the flat earth I'm not even sure whether you're messing with me and others or whether you're not quite all there.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The entire point.

It appears so!

Perhaps I misinterpreted the "without a grain of proof" part as meaning I pay taxes without proof, instead of the OP not providing proof?

Oh, I dunno, I'm confused. Maybe I am a downer.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

You do press an excellent point.
I do have to say though, the most a buddy has ever asked me to loan him is a couple hundred bucks, which I gladly did without a second thought.
I have never been asked to loan or just GIVE anyone 2.5 billion however.

I don't get the point you're trying to make.

Are you suggesting that expenses are evidence against the Mars landing being legitimate? Because that would be an example of an invalid thought process.

Your post is an example of down syndrome. Go be a downer somehwere else.

After reading your post about the flat earth I'm not even sure whether you're messing with me and others or whether you're not quite all there.

I'm not messing at all. Have you ever seen the earth from above 10,000 feet?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The entire point.

It appears so!

Perhaps I misinterpreted the "without a grain of proof" part as meaning I pay taxes without proof, instead of the OP not providing proof?

Oh, I dunno, I'm confused. Maybe I am a downer.

Haha, well that explain's your face then.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

reply to post by g146541

At risk of going too far; has any of you guys considered that the earth might actually be flat? With an open mind it actually could be true? If you go past a certain height there is a massive LED screen. Our eyes give us the illusion of horizon curvature. Aeroplane windows are bent deliberatly. Moon landing never happened, NASA "accidentally" recorded over all of the original moon landing film. (the only copy)
The UN logo
Antarctica surrounds our whole planet. Sounds a bit nuts, but what if?

Anything is possible!
Some things are highly improbable however.
I know personally people that have flow around the world, maybe not in one shot but none the less.
I do not know anyone who has flown to the moon or mars.
Now what were you saying?
I did however see some guy that it was said were in a spaceship though, I can for the most part believe that.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff187
reply to post by Komodo

How do you know Mars is lifeless? have you been there and studied soil samples?

Yes .. of course I went to Mars ~!

I licked the rocks and tasted soil samples as I skipped through the Ammonia Atmosphere ..~!! *then I woke up* .. and then I went to NASA.gov .. and guess. what..

I saw picture that.. well.. kinda looked lifeless to me..............more like ..............one big freaking desert.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Curiosity has landed alright, it is just were it landed that upsets me

With 17 cameras ablaze'n not sure if could capture an ant if it was crawlin on the camera: lens :^)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Haha, well that explain's your face then.

That's Bobby Fischer, sir!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

A critical mind is a good thing. Not everything we are shown is what it seems. Or do you not live in this world? We know that our media is highly sensored and/or manifpulated, so it is imperative to analyse what we are delivered by them in this day and age.

Do you believe everything MSNBC etal ..shows you? And do you hold them to a different standard when it comes to showing us something NASA has prepared?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Do you believe everything MSNBC etal ..shows you? And do you hold them to a different standard when it comes to showing us something NASA has prepared?

Strawman. Not believing every single thing the media tells me is not even close to rejecting the entire mars landing as a work of complete fabrication.

link   
I think NASA landed Curiosity safely on Mars as advertised.
Having said that, I see nothing wrong with questioning NASA.

link   
reply to post by g146541

Reality usually proves stranger than fiction. Sure, it would be one hell of a conspiracy. I think it would make sense that our world and surroundings are fake. To what extent is anyones guess, but imagine if the planet was much, much, much much bigger than we are told. Or if planets even exist. It would be one huge hoax. We dont know the tech "they" have. Why is antarctica so heavily guarded. Try and sail there without permission and see what happens. Nuclear US base being set up in Perth?? What exactly would perth be covering? A threat from africa? yeah right

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I wasn't talking about your avatar.

jokes aside. There's no harm in some nutty thinking at 2am in the morning. If I told friends and family about flat earth then I would obviously be a downer.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

I personally doubt other people on the internet are real.

What proof do we have that almost everyone on ATS works for NASA? I suspect at most 1% of members here are non-NASA employees, and the 99% is just NASA up to its usual tricks.

Tricksy NASA are always plotting and messing with us.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Bottom line folks, if we set foot on the moon 43 years ago, then why do we not have space colonies?
It is not because of the technology, we have had tech to grow plants in outer space and we know how to generate oxygen and we know how to build an airtight box, what more do you need that we cannot do?
Why have we not gone forth into the universe?
This "trustworthy" Gumment that won't let us know where bin laden was buried or details of the 911 false flag or many other conspiracy facts down through history due to national security...
This is just one reason why I question their trustworthiness.
How bout those hi res photos of our flags on the moon ehh?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Strawman. Not believing every single thing the media tells me is not even close to rejecting the entire mars landing as a work of complete fabrication.

HaHa! Calling names now? You didn't really answer my question. So if its something they show us from NASA it's all on the up and up. That's your rule for yourself? Not very critical of you, you could at least pretend to have questioned this and told us your research that proved it all true.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I wasn't talking about your avatar.

jokes aside. There's no harm in some nutty thinking at 2am in the morning. If I told friends and family about flat earth then I would obviously be a downer.

What if we are all downers built and powered by NASA in a plot to populate space with the downer gene.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by g146541

Reality usually proves stranger than fiction. Sure, it would be one hell of a conspiracy. I think it would make sense that our world and surroundings are fake. To what extent is anyones guess, but imagine if the planet was much, much, much much bigger than we are told. Or if planets even exist. It would be one huge hoax. We dont know the tech "they" have. Why is antarctica so heavily guarded. Try and sail there without permission and see what happens. Nuclear US base being set up in Perth?? What exactly would perth be covering? A threat from africa? yeah right

How do you know about this security at the antarctic, surely you have not sailed there yourself.
Or are you going to tell me that you have,? I will need pics if so.
Or did Al Jones just tell you of the security there?
The reason nobody just sails there is nobody has got a few million to blow to just go look at ICE!
I can get bags of the stuff at the local mart.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

HaHa! Calling names now? You didn't really answer my question. So if its something they show us from NASA it's all on the up and up. That's your rule for yourself? Not very critical of you, you could at least pretend to have questioned this and told us your research that proved it all true.

I wasn't calling names, if you're referring to "strawman" it's a term for a logical fallacy.

I don't think MSNBC has much to do with this, this stuff is coming from NASA and they are merely the method of getting said information out to the masses, along with the internet and the like. One can question NASA but it doesn't make sense to implicate MSNBC or other news outlets.

I have already stated that there is no "proof" besides going to Mars yourself along with the lander, but that's not going to happen, so one has to weigh the probabilities of "hoax" against NASA actually having sent the rover to Mars, and yes, I have done that and I consider it unlikely in the extreme that this is a hoax, and coupled with the complete and utter lack of any evidence that it is I'm going to call anyone believing it was staged "silly".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join