It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Not Landed - But Is Good Entertainment For The TV Brain Washed Masses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have to give it to NASA this time.

I just don't see how you can say that Curiosity isn't on Mars. I have been following this mission since day one, and I have found no evidence out there to support your claim.
And get this.......
I'm one of the "we have never sent a man to the moon" crowd!

If NASA came out and said that they are sending men to Mars, I would be one of the first ATS Members to call B.S. on that one. There is just no way that a human could withstand the trip through the Van Allen Belt, we didn't have the technology to do it in the 60's and we don't have the technology to do it now.

But I see no reason for NASA to lie about sending a rover or a probe or a satellite to Mars. I know that is within their capability. No risk of human life there.

So here is a photo for your enjoyment.

In this photo released by NASA/JPL-Caltech/Univ. of Arizona, NASA's Curiosity rover and its parachute, left, descend to the Martian surface on Sunday, Aug. 5, 2012. The high-resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera captured this image of Curiosity while the orbiter was listening to transmissions from the rover. (AP Photo/NASA/JPL-Caltech/Univ. of Arizona)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Nice pic there!!!
Suppose we could get a pic of the flags on the moon?
Mars is farther away than the moon right?
We should have some good photos of the moon then.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have been trying to find proper specifications for the cameras onboard Curiosity, but I am not sure I have been that successful so far.
Anyone knows more about it?
Pixels, optics, sensors?

The info I have seen so far seems to be somewhat "bad", compared to cameras that can easily be bought in any store. But something is telling me that I am missing details. Surely NASA/JPL would have crammed in the top of the line products?

For example, the Mastcam / 2-megapixel.
I am aware that the optics make a hugh difference, but still, the pixels are important to.
To me, a 2-megapixel camera sounds insane when you can go out and buy a mobile-phone which has 41MP.

edit on 7-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The rank and file of NASA consists of extremely intelligent, curious (hehe) out of the box thinkers who often have the sole aim of discovery and sharing new knowledge through publication. To think that all of these people would act in concert to perpetrate a pointless hoax is to ignore the last 400 odd years of scientific advancement that not only allows you to post here but surrounds you with concrete proof in nearly every aspect of your life.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
I have been trying to find proper specifications for the cameras onboard Curiosity, but I am not sure I have been that successful so far.
Pixels, optics, sensors?

The info I have seen so far seems to be somewhat "bad", compared to cameras that can easily be bought in any store. But something is telling me that I am missing details. Surely NASA/JPL would have crammed in the top of the line products?

Mars Science Laboratory (MSL) Mast Camera (Mastcam) Instrument Description
www.msss.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Here's the LATEST PHOTO from Curiosity.... Just unreal, they actually found a missing air craft carrier that was reported lost at sea!!!

Look anyone and there dog can find pics that look like what they're trying to show us. I mean, I could be wrong but, the moon landing hoax, now this? Please give me a break. Those billions are diverted into military projects, offshore bankers, politicians, and g--v coffers. And what do we get for our 2.5 billion in tax money? In exchange we get a grainy photo that anyone could have taken in the desert. Can someone pay me 2.5 billion for my photo too please??? After all it took me all of 1 minute to set up.

edit on 7-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
By your incredibly weak logic anything you did not witness or experience yourself could be false or a lie. Why do you think NASA would lie to you over this. Do they have something to gain? How easy do you think a secret would be to keep if thousands of people were in on it? You aren't being asked to buy anything. You aren't actually doing anything except sitting in front of your computer pontificating on things you know nothing about. So why would they lie. For funding? That doesn't make sense. The people who give them funding would know they were lying. For prestige? Doubtful. None of the scientists on this project are rich or famous. So why? Why would they lie?

I'm all for a good conspiracy but it has to have a least a kernel of believability. NASA hoaxing a Mars landing just doesn't. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
Pixels, optics, sensors?

For example, the Mastcam / 2-megapixel.
I am aware that the optics make a hugh difference, but still, the pixels are important to.
To me, a 2-megapixel camera sounds insane when you can go out and buy a mobile-phone which has 41MP.

Here is a cool little interactive site that might help you out.
Learn About Me: Curiosity

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thanks for the info.
Though I am no camera expert.
How are those cameras image sensors compared to lets say the sensor in the iPhone 4S or in a Canon EOS 7D.

How come NASA/JPL send up a robot with the 2MP sensor, when Canon made a 50 Megapixel Protoype CMOS Sensor in 2007?

So I bet all the numbers and info in the link you provided explains that the inner workings of the cameras used for the expedition are amazing, but I still get a little bit hung up on it.

Would love to understand it better.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I don't think it's that far fetched to believe it could be a hoax. To be honest the thought had also crossed my mind, but what with the two false flag massacre's in America and the Olympic's, I think there is enough distraction from the "Syria conflict" without too much fuss from the peoples. Good thing you guys are armed hey? keeping your govt on a real tight leash. /sarcasm.

So if we rule out distraction, that only leaves power grab or money grab.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Samuelis because: spelling and grandma

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I bet what really happens is something like this....

The mil wants to launch a new spy or weapons satelite. So they simply tell the public that they're gonna go to mars and that they need 2.5 billion of our hard earned to do this. So they have the fake front of some generalized mission to mars program that they run for dirt cheap. Like a few million bucks. They need this to keep up the illusion. Then they use some of the rest of the money, perhaps under 100 million to launch there mil sat. When they launch they tell the press and everyone, "oh look there goes the rocket holding the mars robot!!!" .... "see we told you we'd launch this just like we said we would!!!". So people are so dumb that they get some grainy photos and they buy into the idea that there 2.5 billion is going to good use. The rest of the money went to offshore bankers, politicians, mil, and other con artists running the hoax. Meanwhile what we actually just paid for was something like a satelite designed to spy on us right threw our roof tops able to watch and record us and zap us like a bug if they want. It's a big psy opp!

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Thanks! A nice place for some basic info.
Though it mostly says that Curiosity have cameras, not how good they really are.

I heard that we will get the best pictures we ever seen from Mars, ok I totally believe that.
But if I walk out into the woods and take a picture of a tree I never seen before, using my old webcam with 0.5MP, that will also be the best picture I ever taken of that tree, since it is the first time.
If I the second time use my old mobile phone with a 1MP camera that picture will be so much better and the best one so far, but it will still be a complete s**t picture.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
So I guess the large number of people who have been working on and building the various components of the spacecraft have all just been screwing around on facebook for years instead of actually working on the craft.

And all of the people involved in launching and tracking it are doing the same thing?

That's tons of people to be in on this conspiracy. And for what? What purpose would this serve?

At least a faked moon landing makes sense. Cold war and all, trying to one up the Russians. This mars rover has been in the works for years. And it's not providing the US with any big boost of power or respect or anything. It'd be pointless to do.

The OP is just upset because the scientists and engineers who are actually successful, have drive, and are good at their jobs have accomplished something, and he is jealous. He can't imagine being so intelligent or productive so he has to bash on those that actually are.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1972
By your incredibly weak logic anything you did not witness or experience yourself could be false or a lie.

Is it true that you believe everything you are told?
I'm sure your wife loves that!!

Why do you think NASA would lie to you over this. Do they have something to gain?

Billions and billions of taxpayer dollars...People have murdered for much much less you know.

How easy do you think a secret would be to keep if thousands of people were in on it?

Google compartmentalization, how many people do you think have to "be in on it"?

You aren't being asked to buy anything.

You are right, my tax dollars already paid for it, they are hoping I will pay for the next set of pics from whichever rock they "land" on.

You aren't actually doing anything except sitting in front of your computer pontificating on things you know nothing about.

Aren't we all!! It is ok to question authority, repeat this several times a day, it is ok to question authority.

So why would they lie. For funding? That doesn't make sense. The people who give them funding would know they were lying. For prestige? Doubtful. None of the scientists on this project are rich or famous. So why? Why would they lie?

Prestige for a few, cash for others, there may not be a laundry list of kazillionaires but, there are contracts and rich individuals.

I'm all for a good conspiracy but it has to have a least a kernel of believability. NASA hoaxing a Mars landing just doesn't. Sorry.

Where there is a question and no answer,....talk about incredibly weak logic.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Waaay off topic but why can't the people involved in the massacres just be crazy? No need for a false flag at every turn. The Curiosity is no different. There is no need for a hoax as there is nothing to gain. There isn't giant corporate sponsorships to be had there is no special interest money, there is nothing except exploration and discovery possible from this. So why spend the money on a hoax? Doesn't seem logical to me. Most of the world will have forgotten this in a week or two. They will have gone back to their ipads and video games and worrying about who Kim Kardashian is sleeping with. Only us nerds will remember. So why the need for a hoax? I think some of you just want to see monsters everywhere. Even when no monsters are present.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
OP DID NOT POST ON ATS.

What verifiable evidence is there.. And don't go an show me thread links and screenshots. I know you can fake them.

OP is a cia front.

And if you disagree, then you are a co-op shill. Rite?

edit on 7-8-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

LOL, hey you are a shill

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

You know what?

Good for you!

I don't believe you or your post for a second, but if it weren't for the doubters in this world, it'd be that much duller.

S&F for having moxie.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just why did the nasa space program die off, or dramatically slow down?
Why have we not been back to the moon with better equipment?
I wish Russia or China would land something close to our goodies on the moon and prove or disprove.
What if we have been lied to, what if the reason for the nasa slowdown was so we wouldn't find out we were lied to?
Many many more questions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join