It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Not Landed - But Is Good Entertainment For The TV Brain Washed Masses

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
reply to post by DjangoPhat

Ever thought that the camera is behind a screen? It looks like a foam ball that hits the screen. Are you RobinMFisher that posts on that YT Channel? The foam ball was always in the other persons hand before she passed it. And this over-analysis leads you to what conclusion? I know, I know all the footage is faked. There is no ISS and all the footage is filmed on earth!

The camera is not behind a screen. It is clearly handheld. Why would it be behind a screen?

I think it is an orange, but it could be a ball, it really doesn't matter.

No, I am not that poster, didn't even read the comments.

I merely asked a question. You seem agitated. I have seen no valid explanation for the apparently huge lens, so yes, I choose to believe that they screwed up in the shop process.

And there are more mistakes like this.

So you must be YT member Tommyteejay then.

"There is a screen in front of the camera"

edit on 8-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hmmmm TPTB it seems don't even have to try to sow confusion and dis information anymore the process is so well set up and ingrained they can sit back and let it run itself my point being if they did go and land a camera probe with a 50 gazillion megapixel camera on the moon right next to the flag pole up there and took pictures of it from every angle and they documented the probes descent and landing with earth based live feed telescopes or something similar and the crystal clear pics were published someone would still cry hoax or that it was all faked so they really have us by the short and curlies...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
Hmmmm TPTB it seems don't even have to try to sow confusion and dis information anymore the process is so well set up and ingrained they can sit back and let it run itself my point being if they did go and land a camera probe with a 50 gazillion megapixel camera on the moon right next to the flag pole up there and took pictures of it from every angle and they documented the probes descent and landing with earth based live feed telescopes or something similar and the crystal clear pics were published someone would still cry hoax or that it was all faked so they really have us by the short and curlies...

Dude, a full stop has to go somewhere !

You know one of these .

If not one of those then maybe one of these ,

Phew, I lost my breath just reading that.

Back on topic. In todays tech age, you can not believe anything you see digitally, which is a shame for those trying to prove genuine UFO sightings.

* Ned

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hmmm... I think where this whole argument (it's a distraction/entertainment) falls down is that, the majority of people don't actually give a toss and have ZERO interest in this story AT ALL. Most of the people I work with didn't even know that this had happened and, when I brought it up they just went "oh, right..." and carried on talking about Eastenders.... If you step outside of this forum, and outside your usual circle of associates (people whom you pick because you have similar interests, like conspiracies or space travel or whatever) then, the vast majority of people have absolutely no interest in this project, and of those that do many of them have only a passing interest, as in "wow, we sent something to mars.... cool...." and that's it.... So.... Yeah.... It would be an incredibly expensive, highly technical, incredibly risky (in terms of the numbers involved and the possibility of being exposed) hoax, just to show a couple of pictures that (in the grand scheme of things) only a small number of people are even moderately interested in.... The original assertion makes no sense to me at all.....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

So.... Yeah.... It would be an incredibly expensive, highly technical, incredibly risky (in terms of the numbers involved and the possibility of being exposed) hoax, just to show a couple of pictures that (in the grand scheme of things) only a small number of people are even moderately interested in.... The original assertion makes no sense to me at all.....

It would make sense if it was part of a bigger worldwide agenda, who knows what they will "find" later on that will somehow shape our beliefs.

But before that happens, the idea of this Mars mission has to be installed in the collective mind and has to start with the minority that actually folllows this stuff.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjangoPhat
, so yes, I choose to believe that they screwed up in the shop process.

And there are more mistakes like this.

So your laughable 'huge lens' theory is proof of what? So you must believe that the ISS currently in orbit is completely unmanned? You must also believe that all the manned space launch vehicles that have visited over the last 11 years were also unmanned? Is 'they' just NASA or does it include all the other nations in the programme? The Russians, Canadian, Europeans, Japanese?

Are they all keeping the big secret of the 'huge lens' when their scientists and astronauts film footage in the ISS? When I stated screen I meant a housing/frame or hood protecting the lens. The object could never have bounced off the lens hood now could it? It has to be ultimate proof of a international conspiracy? Is there really more 'mistakes' like this? I can't wait for your 'analysis' of these other 'mistakes'.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Samuelis

Most planes fly way higher than that. Cruise altitude is somewhere around 36,000 ft. I've been up high enough to see the curve of the earth.
But of course you're kidding right ? You have to be. All the other heavenly bodies are round but we are flat ? Do you see any other flat lands floating out in space anywhere?

Not really kidding, i'm not sure it would be very funny if i were.
What if all plane windows were made with a fishbowl effect?
What if this is one big truman show?
What if everything we have been shown & taught about space was fabricated?
What if there is some weird optical illusion that gives us the impression of a round planet?
What if we are in an alien insect jar?
What if we are dead, and this is hell?

What if the mars landing was hoaxed?

Good questions!

I used a legal, mexican herb for meditation/divination and ended up with the same questions.

Guess we'll find out one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

So your laughable 'huge lens' theory is proof of what? So you must believe that the ISS currently in orbit is completely unmanned? You must also believe that all the manned space launch vehicles that have visited over the last 11 years were also unmanned? Is 'they' just NASA or does it include all the other nations in the programme? The Russians, Canadian, Europeans, Japanese?

You could also turn it around and ask how your arguments disprove the obvious fact that something is off with that vid.

Stick to the point at hand.

When I stated screen I meant a housing/frame or hood protecting the lens. The object could never have bounced off the lens hood now could it?

The "screen" in front of the lens would have to be roughly the size of 4 oranges, and placed quite a distance away from the lens. Now look at underwatercamera housings. Try to find a pic that features such a big housing in front of the lens. I can't find any at google images.

And ask yourself, why would they need such a housing on a handycam on board of the ISS in the first place?

Is there really more 'mistakes' like this? I can't wait for your 'analysis' of these other 'mistakes'.

Easy now, you are not done with the first one.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Today's award winner of the "most whacked out thread I've clicked on Today"

Kudos to you, good sir.

I may question the moon landing - not that we've actually been there, but that the majority of film/pics are fed to the masses as supporting evidence are of something else, entirely - but, we are capable of some pretty amazing things/technology these days - spend your talents challenging something else. Not this.

Moving on.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This thread is an insult to the hard work and endless hours put in by extremely talented individuals in order to make this mission and fantastic achievement a reality. It's a sad reflection on you that you feel the need to air your irrational and unfounded views, all out of some misplaced sense of spite and anger at the government. How about instead of spouting nonsense you educate yourself and pipe down until such a time that you have something worthwhile to add to the discussion.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by intrptr
The telemetry can be spewed from a satellite.

No, it cannot. Unless you have a satellite in Mars orbit... Oh wait, they do! The one that is controlling the mission. Doh!

You see, the thing about radio is you can ascertain distance and direction from it if you have multiple receiving points. It's called triangulation and, to be honest, is basic level maths. Add on to this the earth's orbit around the Sun, then Mars orbit, which would lead to noticeable changes in the signal and no, it cannot be faked.

Only morons with a less than basic level understanding of science think it can be faked.

LOL you need some time in a float tank too see just how ridiculous all of this really is.

"It cannot be faked" You sir are clearly on the edge of stupidity...ANYTHING can be faked !

Thanks for the insults, but you didn't address, at all in fact, the technical/physical aspect of how such a thing could be faked. If you could explain to me how they could fake a signal coming from Mars without actually being there, I would be genuinely interested....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Curiosity and all other probes have never landed on Mars.

NASA’s “ENGINEERS” write:
Engineers want radar lock by the time the rover is about 1.2 miles (3 kilometers) above the surface so that the spacecraft can figure out when to start powered descent. Too early and the spacecraft will run out of fuel. Too late and the spacecraft won't have enough time to stop before hitting the ground. While the radar only has to function for two minutes, it's so important that engineers tested it over 100 hours, dangling it from a helicopter over the Mojave and Death Valley.

Have you ever seen Snoopy (Lunar excursion module) tested at Langley crane?
NO. NEVER.

NASA's “ENGINEERS” never tested Snoopy. They sent Snoopy to land on the Moon without testing it

Have you tried to balance a coke can on your finger? Difficult? IMPOSSIBLE. You can't land on the moon or on a planet going backwards. Balance is impossible. You would roll in a second and crash.

Have you ever seen a video of Snoopy hovering like an helicopter at Langley?
NO. NEVER. Because a rocket can’t land going backwards on its own flames.

NOT EVEN THE ROCKET IS EQUAL TO SNOOPY

Will you ever see Curiosity tested over 100 hours dangling it from a helicopter over the Mojave and Death Valley?
NO. NEVER. Because a rocket can’t land going backwards on its own flames.

This video, like many other ones, is ridiculous, also a child could understand it is fake (flames are too much ridiculous):
www.youtube.com...

It is very simple today to fake videos on youtube. Many youtube videos are fake.

I challenge NASA’s “ENGINEERS”:
NASA's “ENGINEERS”, show at least a video of your 100 hours videos of Curiosity tested over the Mojave and Death Valley and I will believe that you have landed Curiosity on Mars.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Got to admit this thread has been a laugh but I'll be glad when school opens in a cpouple of weeks so the conversation during the daytime will improve

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticGuy

Wow....

You're basing a whole argument on the fact that something cannot land "backwards going into it's own flames?"..

Of course it can, slightly different tech, but that is how jump jets work, same principle. Simple physics.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8/8/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjangoPhat
reply to post by tommyjo

Easy now, you are not done with the first one.

I think I am. As it is completely off topic then why not create an ISS thread and highlight all your 'evidence'. Remember to put 'Huge Lens' 'NASA Busted' in the title. You can sit back and enjoy all your stars and flags!

edit on 8-8-2012 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Your appeal to popularity is meaningless.

If you are not going to explain why there would be a housing around that camera, my point still stands.

Furthermore, it is completely on topic with regards to NASA fakery.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The video you have shown is ridiculous, very, very, too much ridiculous, it's fake.
Also illusionists can do that performance

Phoenix probe used the same technology of Curiosity.

Have you ever seen a video that shows Phoenix flying like a helicopter?
NO. NEVER.
Why? It is so simple for a rocket to land backwards on its flames

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Buddy,

There's a lot more on YT.

And these are just amateurs, your whole argument is....well, not very smart.

Did you specifically look for vertical rocket landing failures?

How do you think my flightsuit works?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

There's no video of the Skycrane in action on Earth because it wouldn't work on Earth, the thrust produced by the engines is designed for Mars which, you may or may not know, is extremely different from Earth both in terms of surface gravity and atmospheric density.

What they did test however was the cable deploy system which worked perfectly and there are videos on youtube. I won't bother to link though because had you been a rational and open minded person you would have done some research before posting the nonsense you did.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisb9

No one on the earth can Prove that Nasa has landed the new Curiosity Rover on Mars period. No one on earth can hop on their private space ship, blast off to Mars, and then Verifiy with their own eyes and personal photographs that " Yes " the new Mars Rover Curiosity is Actually sitting on the surface of Mars right now.

You are absolutely 100% WRONG and worse you are what is wrong with America and this world.

You obviously do not know a thing about science and make incorrect accusations with no merit or proof! You are ignorant and prideful! If you wish to debate something of this nature you had best have some proof which you have included none, and yet have flags & stars and 12 pages which actually only shows the stupidity of ATS

This thread should be locked as you have proved much like the "I am God" threads not an ounce of evidence!

So no one on Earth can prove it...

www.theregister.co.uk...
www.eham.net...
forums.qrz.com...
www.uk.amsat.org...
Join an amateur science club, or a ham radio club and you will eat your words…and
DENY IGNORANCE!

edit on 8-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join