It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are news agers brains made out of swiss cheeze?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Most people have heard the song from the late 60s 'Dawn of Age of Aquarius'. I was watching the original song on youtube the other day, and thinking to myself wow what a carefree age that must of been.
Certainly whatever they were thinking back then they had great optomism and hopes for mankind soon to ascending to into something greater. So what happened? Here we are today in our present world of urban pressure and scrawling out livings in failing economies which everyday reveal less and less tolerance for errors.

So what happened with the promise of ascension on the Age of Aquarius as it appears today we are on the precipice of delivery to the 'Age of Kick in the Ass'. And almost as if by a full circle the new agers voice is chanting humanity are on the cusp of spirtual expansion and ascension of spirit.

Ok before i go and get all esoterical on you all, id like to know what do you think. Will it be different this time and humanity will genuinely transend to the promised land of Aquarius. Or alternatively would we have rocks in our heads to be fooled the second time around with this message? And if we have rocks in our heads does that mean news agers brains made out of swiss cheeze?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

What parts of the New Agers beliefs do you find lacking in evidence/contradictory to existing evidence? If all you know about their beliefs is some song from the 60s, i feel it would be wiser to start diggin into the existing material rather than so willingly show your ignorance on a site whose motto is "deny ignorance".

There are some pretty good reasons and lots of ancient astrological evidence for their beliefs if you start digging into ancient civilizations etc, i myself had not even heard of the song you mentioned, and i cannot find it on youtube... got any link?

edit on 7-8-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

You may be right but at least most New Agers will know how to spell "Cheese"

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The song is called "Aquarius" and is from the Rock Musical "Hair". Wonderful movie available from that place with the name of a river!

I googled "Aquarius Song" and one of the first references was a youtube link!

Well worth the couple of dollars to buy and see the entire movie, I bought two copies just in case one got damaged!
edit on 7/8/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Whats a news agers brains??? And cheeze??? Just wow... Roflmao
edit on 7-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

What parts of the New Agers beliefs do you find lacking in evidence/contradictory to existing evidence?

All of it, if i was to make a startiing point in the trial of evidence id say start with the 6 oclock news. Well of course thats one facet of the evidence at hand. Where is the Sunshine, all feedback is positive on the path of truth.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

What parts of the New Agers beliefs do you find lacking in evidence/contradictory to existing evidence?

All of it, if i was to make a startiing point in the trial of evidence id say start with the 6 oclock news. Well of course thats one facet of the evidence at hand. Where is the Sunshine, all feedback is positive on the path of truth.

Well we are still in the age of pisces last i checked... that may explain the 6' oclock news you are referring to...

www.librarising.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I go along with the view that New Age is mostly a load of garbage, will-to-believe and make-believe. I've nothing against the aspiration towards a better future for everyone and, no, I've nothing against spiritual beliefs. Give peace a chance is something I wholly believe in.

The problem is NA is like some replacement psycho-religion with one part creepy nightmares and another part offering 'The Truth' and escapism if y'all only WAKE UP! Few of them know their history and the more lies one of the 'truth-speakers' says, the more trustworthy they are thought to be. The history is actually littered with psychos, liars, NAZIs and paranoid lunatics. They don't trust science, don't trust 'authority,' don't trust education, don't trust anything really and that's okay if they didn't subvert the distrust into some sinister, devious scheme. Platitudes, cliches...yawn.

So I wonder, will we see peace by believing in invisible dark forces and polishing our shakras with green tea? Nope!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Wow nice replies coming through, and almost entertaining as enlightening as i munch on my conspiracy cheeze sandwitch while reading.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Well we are still in the age of pisces last i checked... that may explain the 6' oclock news you are referring to...

www.librarising.com...

Well, there are cheeze heads and then there are block heads where the interiors are very dense. The New Agers have always been in the periphery of your vision. You won't find them on what was told to you on the six o'clock news so you took that as proof. Where you find them is in the yoga studios, in the meditation groups, in the alternative (to Western thinking) religious facilities. You will find they believe in UFOs, life on other planets and, most importantly, in a better life for humanity than what is currently visualized in the Western world. How can you not see that? One way is to look at politics. You see the growing liberal views there? That is the New Agers making their positions known. The instant rise of the Obama phenomena was the explosion into the mainstream of the New Agers coming of age in from a decidedly different slant than expected by anyone. The handwriting is on the wall. The old school republican concepts are dying as we speak. Obama is not the answer so we can expect something of a "Green" party in the states to blossom and steamroll the old thinking into the ground.
(I did not and will not vote for Obama but I can see where some of his ideals are better than the old standards.)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
im probably close to a political atheist. If i try and think of the concept of ascension and political parties and personas i see entertainers emerging. Who has most entertaining show and what movie is better this week. I think New agers are entertainers at heart where some are good actors and some well....still not to say they dont believe the characterisation of the character.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Age of Aquarius was pop culture fluff aimed at suburbanites who were hippy wannabees. This is sort of like using a Justin Bieber song to describe a whole movement or generation.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Age of Aquarius was pop culture fluff aimed at suburbanites who were hippy wannabees.

lol wow thats cutting on the suburban Hippies. Makes them sound about as genuine as Bill Shatners wig.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Are Old Agers retarded Blockheads?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well we cant leave any group our in this debate. Stuck between old age and new agers, bit like being stuck between a rock and hard place. The real reason for ascension is now beginning to become clear to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
People here are hilarious. "NEW AGE" is not new. I don't agree with all "New Agers" but I do think of myself as open-minded enough to realize I don't know what the future holds, either.

Many of the concepts held by New Agers are concepts older than this civilization. You might want to put that into perspective.

I can tell you that it will get worse before it gets better. It always does. Bad times are the catalyst for soul growth, and its how we handle the bad and the intense that determines the outcome. We've got a lot of overthrowin' to do, before we see the golden age.

*note* I tend to believe the LOO info, and the Seth info and I think it is very close to the truth, with a bit of extra hopefulness thrown in while channeling. If that makes me a "New Ager", so be it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

What parts of the New Agers beliefs do you find lacking in evidence/contradictory to existing evidence? If all you know about their beliefs is some song from the 60s, i feel it would be wiser to start diggin into the existing material rather than so willingly show your ignorance on a site whose motto is "deny ignorance".

There are some pretty good reasons and lots of ancient astrological evidence for their beliefs if you start digging into ancient civilizations etc, i myself had not even heard of the song you mentioned, and i cannot find it on youtube... got any link?

Right on, NeoVain! I have yet to hear a definition of what a "New Ager" is. I hear kids and fundies throw the term around, and call it names, and attach labels to the term, but in truth, what constitutes a true New Ager?
I went to Wiki, and here is what i found:

he New Age movement is a Western spiritual movement that developed in the second half of the 20th century. Its central precepts have been described as "drawing on both Eastern and Western spiritual and metaphysical traditions and infusing them with influences from self-help and motivational psychology, holistic health, parapsychology, consciousness research and quantum physics".

It aims to create "a spirituality without borders or confining dogmas" that is inclusive and pluralistic. It holds to "a holistic worldview," emphasising that the Mind, Body and Spirit are interrelated and that there is a form of Monism and unity throughout the universe. It attempts to create "a worldview that includes both science and spirituality" and embraces a number of forms of mainstream science as well as other forms of science that are considered fringe.

According to author Nevill Drury, the origins of the movement can be found in the 18th and 19th centuries, particularly through the works of the esotericists Emanuel Swedenborg, Franz Mesmer, Helena Blavatsky and George Gurdjieff, who laid some of the basic philosophical principles that would influence the movement. It would gain further momentum in the 1960s, taking influence from metaphysics, self-help psychology, and the various Indian gurus who visited the West during that decade.

en.wikipedia.org...

I was born in 1953, and grew up during that macickal time. It was exciting, and it was horrifying, it was loud stereo Rock Music and louder Muscle Cars that shook the very ground when they rumbled.
The Beatles were some of the first to travel to the East, and what they learned there the told is in song. In those days we kids did have a vision of a better world, it saddens me that no one has such a vision anymore. We thought the whole world could be at peace. We were fooled, the world only runs when everyone is at war.
Report From Iron Mountain
We often wondered, what if the government staged a war, and nobody came?

I for one never even heard the term "Ascension" during the 1960s or 1970s. Not until I had established contact with a certain someone did I begin to learn about Ascension, and what it means, and how to achieve it. I even got a short and small preview of it a few years ago sitting in my easy chair at home. I raised up to a standing position and then sat back down, suddenly realizing that I had not taken my body with me when I rose. I then stood again, and this time turned slightly, and caught a glimpse of my leg and arm in the chair. I sat back down, it was if some force was making this happen. The last time i stood, I slowly turned and saw my human body sitting there, seemingly asleep, relaxed, and breathing steadily.

After pondering on this for many weeks, I came to conclude that what I experienced was what would be the first step in the Ascension Process. To just step out of your human receptacle and move away from it, taking all life force from it and bringing it into your Spirit. The next step will be to realize what your eyes see, and that you can, at will, go to a higher dimension of time and space.

So, am I a New Ager? Perhaps. but now you know what it feels like to be one. And I can assure the OP that my mind still works perfectly.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

sounds like you had some sort of outerbody experience, if you had made it to the fridge and back witha beer you have a system with purpose.

Actually New ager is a bit of too general of a descriptive term. Mabey Ascenders is the a superiour description. Its adequate, balanced, one word and simple which is always best approach for solving any problem. Anyone who inst a Ascender then is a Descender. Anyone who is in limbo or too apathetic to care is a new age conservative. Ok Wiki can now make the updates to replace the outdated terms.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I just realise im a new age conservative im off to tavern to have beer to celebrate.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I even got a short and small preview of it a few years ago sitting in my easy chair at home. I raised up to a standing position and then sat back down, suddenly realizing that I had not taken my body with me when I rose. I then stood again, and this time turned slightly, and caught a glimpse of my leg and arm in the chair. I sat back down, it was if some force was making this happen. The last time i stood, I slowly turned and saw my human body sitting there, seemingly asleep, relaxed, and breathing steadily.
reply to post by autowrench

The world is a weird place and so is the force of perception. A mystery that a person could spend there whole life trying to work out. I cant see a 10 week course in exo politics ascension studies solving that mystery. Lol Like imagine at end of course like that you have to demonstrate a out of body feat like that or you dont graduate.
Not tosay the mystery isnt solvable cause as the ancients did it. It allowed them to disappear of the face of this earth and we are left with their momumental legacies in stone and Ats to solve the mystery

edit on 8-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: No disrespect to Exopoltics intended. I admire their passion and bravery.

top topics

join