It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA chooses Boeing, SpaceX and Sierra Nevada to provide space taxi service.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I liked the idea of space travel ever since i was a little kid, knowing i can just get a glimpse of that vast and beautiful endless space.. but i don't understand, will this space taxi be available for us all or just nasa groups etc?

Space Taxi Service

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

If you got the money, you can maybe go in to space, but don't expect a launch every hour

Some of the prices mentioned.
www.news.com.au...

The company won't say how much it would charge NASA per seat, but it will be "significantly lower" than the Russian price, said John Mulholland, Boeing vice president.

The space agency's latest deal with Russia's Federal Space Agency carries a cost per seat of about $63 million.

www.space.com...

SpaceX is already in the lead in the private space race. The company earlier this year used their Falcon rocket to launch their Dragon capsule into orbit. It docked with the space station and successfully delivered cargo. NASA plans to give the company $440 million. The capsule holds seven people and will have its first test launch with people in 2015, said spokeswoman Kirstin Brost Grantham.

The company will charge NASA about $20 million per seat, she said

edit on 7-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
I liked the idea of space travel ever since i was a little kid, knowing i can just get a glimpse of that vast and beautiful endless space.. but i don't understand, will this space taxi be available for us all or just nasa groups etc?

Space Taxi Service

But, seriously, don't you still wonder why the official government shuttle program was allowed to peter out without a replacement was developed to fill the void? Oops! That is wrong. They NEVER had a replacement program--well, not a public one anyway. But if you wanted to pay attention to the thousands of mysterious triangle reports for the last twenty years and the few decades of UFO reports before them, then you just could gain some concept of what is really going on. But be forewarned, such thinking would take you far from what you are constantly told about the aerospace industry and what our capabilities are along that line and has been for decades. The overall effect on you can cause confusion, headaches and wild speculations about the real situation. If that happens, the doctor recommends that you go back to MSM and watch again the wonderful story of how Curiosity is such a wonderful step forward in scientific knowledge. With all of that science thrust at you, how could you not dismiss any ideas that your government would every lie to you big time about anything?

join