It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lords reform thrown out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
At last, the Tories have thrown out Lords reform. Now i know it is not the best system in the world but it is definitely better than the alternative, party cronies 'elected' into it. For all those that say we shouldn't still have it etc, maybe you should go and have a look as to why we have this system. I good place to start is www.acasefortreason.org... or you could look up Albert Burgess he has some very succinct information as to why we have the system we have and why it works (most of the time).

I'm sorry but elected peers will only ever end up doing what the 'party' required. Never forget where we came from and why we have the laws we do, Alfred was Great after all.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I have always thought we should have a house a experts. Experts in specific areas. These experts should be elected from a pool of candidates. So we would have Health experts, education experts military experts and science experts. So The public would get to choose from a list of experts in each field and vote for who they believed would be best for the job.

new topics

join