It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun DOOM? UV index through the roof!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Great information and thanks OP, today I was hurting bad and thought to myself here we go again.
In the early summer I started a thread about how hot the sun was and I received a lot of positive feedback for sure.

Anyways I was working in the garden today and the sun was cooking me and I do mean cooking me here.

Something is wrong, S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Govement says " you wiil beg us for chem trails Now!"

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I am prone to skin cancer...I rarely expose myself to the sun these days...even the sun screen lotions dont seem to work on my fair skin any more...I do love me some good moon tans though

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It will be a brown christmas in MN, AGAIN this year. It is so hot, we here set a record temp of 101. I do not have an air conditioner and i wiped myself off with a wet rag and cold water with a fan blowing on me all day on that day. Still hot here. Have not seen any crop failures around this area yet. Irrigation seems fine, tho some areas of power went out because of the heat wave and so many people turned up the AC. I have seen the plants in the garden wilt a bit on some days and others not. The garden is well watered at evening hours of the day. No trees around here are wilting due to water issues, well, land of 10,000 swamps you always have access to water. Still tho it is very hot around here and i believe that this year will bring another brown christmas. Last year we got a few flakes here and there and the snow never stayed, it melted away. The earth is heating up. The ice is retreating more and more every year. Large sheets of ice, the size of rhode island breaking off and floating away. UV rays over the years are increasing. The sun is acting strange lately and talk of solar flares hitting earth. Strange weather patterns and seasons in europe. More and more activities of eruptions and earthquakes. I fear that us MN will never see a white christmas anymore. If it gets any hotter. Drought will be the norm and famine will occurr and food prices will skyrocket and riots, looting will be the norm. Food prices will definately go up soon, i have seen the change already started here in MN.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Knowing.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
although i wouldn't dispute some unusual weather related events, this isn't anything out of the normal. if you follow the links on the right side of that page you can see the UV readings going back to the 90s in many areas of the US and it's all been here before.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
You guys have fun with the I know what you think/feel and it is wrong, everything is fine folks. I got work tomorrow, thanks for the thread and links.

Exactly.

How can the OP even bring this to our attention without supplying facts that this is out of the normal range for this time of year? I'm not a weather expert. I don't know what normal UV levels are.

Maybe this completely normal, and you're all overreacting. Maybe not. Who knows? Don't just look at UV levels and gasp and gawk if you have no frame of reference. Please show us why this is a cause for attention. Show a graph of something with the levels in years past. I don't know, something, anything. Can't pick and choose though...that's why a graph would be very helpful.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
We've had 2 whole months of 100-108 degree temps, except for 2 days this summer. NOT normal. Usually we have only several days of 100+ weather.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

You guys have fun with the I know what you think/feel and it is wrong, everything is fine folks. I got work tomorrow, thanks for the thread and links.

Exactly.

How can the OP even bring this to our attention without supplying facts that this is out of the normal range for this time of year? I'm not a weather expert. I don't know what normal UV levels are.

Maybe this completely normal, and you're all overreacting. Maybe not. Who knows? Don't just look at UV levels and gasp and gawk if you have no frame of reference. Please show us why this is a cause for attention. Show a graph of something with the levels in years past. I don't know, something, anything. Can't pick and choose though...that's why a graph would be very helpful.

ilk spews normal and everything is ok all the time. Animal die offs, fish die offs, oh thats normal. Alot of Bees missing,heat waves. oh don't you worry about that, it's normal everything is ok. land masses sinking, sunamy's,more volcanoes erupting,strange occurances and phenomina's, Flooding, and Weird weather patterns. Let me guess. This is all NORMAL, right? It all increasing. Let me guess, thats normal too.
There is nothing to prove, the proof is outside. Go outside much.
Record temps broken. How can someone say show the proof. Really? Watch the NEWS much? Maybe you need to go outside sometime, try it , you may like it.

edit on 7-8-2012 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And in my neck of the world it's been cooler the last few days than usual .. we were seeing 100-105 degree temperatures for days on end and the last couple of days has been upper 80s and low 90s .. and supposed to be 77 in a few more days.. ( midwest USA ) ..

The next 5 day forecast, which has been pretty accurate:

87 ( rain )
75 ( rain )
78 ( sun )
83 ( sun )
84 ( sun )

You see UV spikes like this on particularly hot days.. it is absolutely NORMAL.. they go hand in hand on clear days.. I know last year and the year before I saw several UV warnings pop up on my cell phone's weather app .. and one year when I was younger ( probably early 90s ) we had a spike to about 107 degrees with uv warnings

I don't think it's sun doom, and I'm not a global warming denier .. but I think we'll be long gone by some other means before the sun or heat kills us..UV spikes like this are normal for this time of the year..
edit on 8/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Uv spikes happen, yes, but tell me why are they getting higher thru the years?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Honolulu has a 13! That's crazy.

Not really.

Hawaii’s UV index is higher than any location in the U.S. with an average index of 6-7 in the winter and 11-12 for summer months. It’s best to be conservative until you get a feeling for how your skin reacts at a high UV index.

www.hawaiigaga.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Note the general increase in number of days with higher UV in the blue txt of the graphs, looking by state there seems to be an increase in the UV index over the past 10 years.

That data is not really well suited to that sort of analysis.

It is forecast data, not actual data:

Graphs of the UV Index forecast and "clear sky" UV Index forecast over the course of a year are available.
www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

The data is not complete:

Not every day is recorded so beware of gaps in coverage.

ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

It's so hot and humid in Apple Valley So. Ca. right now and our air conditioner went out just before this hot weather got going. My cat just lays around and won't clean his dirty ass up. He refuses to go outside and he's a hunter by nature. I've followed his lead and told my family to stay inside tho the only relief we have is from fans. Now I know I'm not tripp'in. Sticky ass miserable.

A fat bastard scene keeps going thru my head.

" It's gonna star a fireya ! "

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye

reply to post by Mianeye

That may be, but when your skin starts to burn within an hour or so of being outside, I can sure feel it.

It's called summertime, happens every year around....Summertime
i will have to defend here, i work at a pump shop and i have rig hands coming in all the time (who have been doing it for a while) and saying that the heat just feels so different. they are drained quickly. i live in north texas, we are use to working in the heat. we are talking 110 deg this time of year is expected.......but something about it now is horrificly different.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wow, after reading all these posts I am making a promise to myself, never to grumble or feel miserable because it has been raining most of the summer. I am now very thankful for all our somewhat unusually large downpours.

Why does the government not HAARP some rain over all the drought areas?

Hope all of you who are being affected manage to get through the rest of the summer unscathed.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Don't worry, be happy. It's all NORMAL.
Nothing is going on, trust me, it's all NORMAL. normal, normal,normal.
nothing to see here, all normal. Don't panic, it's all normal.
Everything that is going on in and around the globe
is all normal. A don't worry, be happy. Don't worry be happy. It is normal that alot of bees are gone. It is normal to have flocks of birds to drop out of the sky and it is normal that millions of fish wash up on the shores. It is normal that we are having record high temps. It is also NORMAL to say that europes weather patterns is just normal. It is normal that the ice is receeding. It is normal that more earthquakes and sunamy's are occurring, thats normal, OK. It is normal the sun is acting strangely. It is normal for droughts and floods in certain areas, even tho they are increasing. Thats just normal. It is normal that the water jet stream has changed direction. It is normal that cows majically drop dead. Oh and those peski sink holes, oooooh thats all normal too. Don't be panicky when u hear strange noises in the day or night, IT IS JUST ALL NORMAL.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Im recovering from a second degree sunburn right now. Im shoulders are all blistered like f........i forgot to weat sunblock. But wtf? ive had similar exposure before, never got a second degree burn from the sun before. I live in southwest michigan. its finally cooling off here....a little prematurely. I feel like ots gpma be a rough winter

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
www.epa.gov...

The link between a decrease in stratospheric ozone and an increase in surface ultraviolet (UV) radiation at the Earth's surface has been strengthened during the last several years by simultaneous measurements of total ozone and UV radiation in Antarctica and the southern part of South America during the period of the seasonal ozone "hole." The measurements show that when total ozone decreases, UV increases.

This is a long and wordy article, but the gist of it is, when the amount of ozone destroying gases go up, so does the UV exposure.
Just found the UV rate for where I live. It's averaging 8 - 10, which is in the 'very high' rating.
edit on 7-8-2012 by DAVID64 because: add

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

See ?

I'm telling you something is going on with the atmosphere and it isn't just Summer.

There's more to it.
edit on 7-8-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join