It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun DOOM? UV index through the roof!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

So,
Now you know why the Atmospheric Modifications are taking place.

Right?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Ummm... No. This year isn't just any summertime. I've never seen it like this and it's getting scary. This is one report covering Southwest Missouri:

There is no quality hay available for sale in southwest Missouri. . Wells as deep as 300 feet are going dry, or are needing the pumps lowered back into the water table. · Landscape trees and shrubs from 5-10 years old are dropping leaves or dying from the top down or limb by limb. · Cities and towns are not outright banning water use for lawn irrigation and washing vehicles yet, but are asking consumers to voluntarily restrict their use.
Source

Wells 300 hundred feet down is no joke in this area. This is getting very serious and the site that links shows this is nation wide. The number of states with ALL counties set as disaster areas is growing and this is getting out of hand.

The site there carries a lot of the official releases and status reports. Summer is summer but this is a D O O Z Y. Really, I'm worried about losing my two trees. *BIG* trees. 40 feet high type.. They are showing serious stress and this isn't right.

Reallly......? You guys sound like a bunch of hypochondriacs lol...... Its been wayyyyy hotter.... and wayyyy more people died becaue of heat. The power went out for a whole lotta people recently and how many people died due to heat? Go back to 2005 and 2006 and return to 2012 n complain....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Call me crazy but the sun has set in the same location, for the past 3 months. It usually sets in different locations, along the horizon of the Pacific; throughout the year, almost as if it's sweeping across the ocean. Then, it hit this one spot....and has been setting in the SAME location, since; and that was 3 months ago. it looks like it's finally starting to sweep back, in the other direction..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
reply to post by Mianeye

OH MY GOD! You are so insightful, and in possession of such superior intellect that I am in completely in awe. Can I have your autograph? Pretty please?
No, but Google helps me to understand things, that others seem to ignore. I have had sunburns at least once a year all my life, i learned my lesson and protect myself from it.

Here is some more.

www.sunsmart.com.au...

In Victoria's summer months, the signs of sunburn can start to appear in less than 11 minutes and can take days or weeks to heal depending on the severity.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by demonseed

So,
Now you know why the Atmospheric Modifications are taking place.

Right?

Kinda figured that's why it was raining during a 90 Degree day. A couple of days ago it was 90 degree's, bright and sunny, and all of a sudden it was a large downpour for a good 5 minutes. Completely random and wierd.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

With all due respect, check the link I gave. It's showing the official Federal and State Disaster zone declarations / Alerts / Reports across the nation. The corn crop is shot in this area and by the state and federal press releases, that is the case all over. Corn isn't just about 1000 products. It's Ethanol too. That's sold around here and not a small thing. The sell off of livestock isn't a good thing, it means they can't be fed.
It's a real bad thing to be seeing right now...and the reports are showing it.

The well on my family's property, BTW, is about 300 feet...and nearly 20 years, it's worked just fine. If they go dry at that depth, it's not just a matter of getting another pipe length and A LOT of the people out here depend 100% on home wells. No city or municipal water available.

* I updated my post on page 1 so the link says more than just "Source". That really wasn't telling anyone how important it is to take a look at. Sorry all.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
That explains something. I spend a lot of my day driving. my right forearm is the usual Caucasian skin tone, but my left one has that Jersey Shore roast turkey tone. It's like I'm two different people. I wonder if I'm eventually going to get the two-tone face like that guy from Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
That explains something. I spend a lot of my day driving. my right forearm is the usual Caucasian skin tone, but my left one has that Jersey Shore roast turkey tone. It's like I'm two different people. I wonder if I'm eventually going to get the two-tone face like that guy from Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Entirely possible and highly probable...

articles.nydailynews.com...

The sun can be scary!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is a report out of Wagoner County, Oklahoma. Like Missouri, they are reddish, although for long term outlok, almost the entire nation is showing long term severe drought..

Affected Areas
Wagoner County

Description
A dispute over bales of hay in Wagoner County ended with gunshots on July 31. The injured man managed to drive himself to the fire department before being flown to a hospital in Tulsa. The Wagoner County sheriff feared that more incidents over hay ownership may arise and said, “With the way things are, with as hot as it is and with no rain, there’s just no hay to buy. And what you can buy isn’t good hay. We look for this to be an ongoing problem.” Enid News & Eagle (Okla.), Aug. 1, 2012
Source - More Info

The source is the same link posted earlier,

I know we have a rather wild reputation at times in the Midwest, but I can assure everyone that hearing Sheriff not just be disturbingly casual about a shooting over hay bales but talk about how more of the same may be expected, is NOT normal. It really is getting out of hand.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Average Summer UV Index Australia

Originally posted by Mianeye

reply to post by Mianeye

That may be, but when your skin starts to burn within an hour or so of being outside, I can sure feel it.

It's called summertime, happens every year around....Summertime

Exactly its summer time up there ! Its winter down under and Cairns currently has a UV of 9. Geez you guys are such a hen house of drama.

Australian UV Index August.... Winter !

January UV Index Australia

Average Summer UV Index Australia
edit on 7-8-2012 by LexiconV because: added links

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
In Hawaii here. The UV index is insane, was at the beach and after about 30 minutes I felt like my flesh was burning off and had to go inside, I usually stay out there all day. My hubby, who is in the sun constantly got a terrible burn like he's never had before over the weekend after spending the same amount of time out there as always. I know they used to tell us what it was on the news/weather but I havent heard anything about it recently. To be fair I could have just missed that part but with it that high I would think there would be an alert, if only to keep the tourists out of the ER. That's what they used to do at least. Who knows, I'm not complaining, just saying because I know you all up on the mainland have it so much worse than we do right now. Take care and stay hydrated!
Peace & Love

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I just have to throw this out there, but it reminds me kinda of the Outer Limits episode "Music of the Spheres"

In the episode the sun begins to undergo a phase change. A scientist picks up on a signal from space that entrances it listeners. It was sent from a distant planet to begin to change humans so they will be able to survive in the new spectrum of light produced from the new sun. People who diddnt undergo the change were never able to walk in sulight again. Link below if you would like to watch.

Outer Limits: Music of the Spheres

But in seriousness I have noticed that the plants in my yard appear to be being burned by the sun. Its not lack of water or bugs, but the tips and edges of the leaves are turning redish purple.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well found this, as my first question was whats the historical data.
Los Angeles

Florida, Miami.

If you want to check out historical Data for UV index by year and state.

Climate Prediction Center

Note the general increase in number of days with higher UV in the blue txt of the graphs, looking by state there seems to be an increase in the UV index over the past 10 years.
edit on 7-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That's exactly what I asked myself when I read the OP...thanks for the input.

I seriously thought the seemed "hotter" than normal this summer.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

Those are some good links.

When it comes to this stuff OP'er, knowing the measurements which the range of numbers represent is key. From what I've seen, on that scale, it'd have to be in the 12-13+ area in the more moderate climates for a significant amount of time (month+) for it to be considered a major issue. Something to that tune.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't have any problem, just sitting at home and surfing ATS.......errrrr....perhaps that is a problem.

(jokes)

I always have suntan lotion when I know I am going to be out in the sun for awhile - I never tan, just burn.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
Check it out:

www.epa.gov...

Scroll to the map. 10's and 11's everywhere. Honolulu has a 13! That's crazy.

It is summer!! Such high UV is not very abnormal at such latitudes at this time of the year.
And 13 for Honolulu is completely normal as well since it is at around 20 degrees which means sun is straight overhead.

Funny how normal conditions turns into doomsday here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye

reply to post by Mianeye

That may be, but when your skin starts to burn within an hour or so of being outside, I can sure feel it.

It's called summertime, happens every year around....Summertime

Finally a sane person among the insane and uninformed. Nearly all people in this thread is completely clueless and act like high uv in summer is a new thing. I guess the sheep here finally discovered a UV map.

Edit: at around 30-40 degrees north it is not uncommon to get 10 or higher on a clear non hazy day.
And since US is in middle of a drought this would be perfect conditions to get high UV levels..
edit on 7-8-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

For what it's worth, here is the UV-Alert map put out by NOAA.

NOAA UV ALerts

NOAA has the OP map with the numbers as well. The minutes to skin damage on that one it a bit of an attention grabber. I wouldn't have thought it was that quick. I'm glad it's not just me though. I was doing work outside this afternoon and the sun seemed blinding. Now I know it was. Sunglasses for me!

The other day i was in traffic with my left arm outside
and since i dont have any AC in my car .. no choice to open the windows lol
i was out for 30 minute stuck in traffic with the big sun .. after returning home
my left arm had a burning sensation.. never felt that before
and i realise it was the sun UVs and it was hurting pretty much when touching the skin

went to North Carolina not to long ago
has some nasty sun burn .. the sun was literaly cooking me on the beach after 1-2 hrs of exposure

now africa have more snow then in Canada .. the pole are switching
and the magnetic shield of earth cant protect us from UVs until the transition is completed
edit on 8/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

For what it's worth, here is the UV-Alert map put out by NOAA.

NOAA UV ALerts
now africa have more snow then in Canada .. the pole are switching
and the magnetic shield of earth cant protect us from UVs until the transition is completed
edit on 8/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Where do you pull this bull# from?? Do you have voices in your head or something?
Magnetic shift wont impact climate like this as what matters is the angle of the sun which can only be changed by physically tilting earth.
Magnetic field position does not have much if any to do with ozonlayer either, which is what protects us from UV radiation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join