It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rectangular UFO Reported by Sandia Corp Employee - April 1952

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I found this interesting article while browsing old newspaper archives. It details a fascinating sighting that reportedly occurred back in 1952, one which I've never heard of before. It's best if I don't try to explain it and you just read it for yourself:

And here's the sketch:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

PS. I don't see this one in the Blue Book Unknowns.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

I had not heard of this one before. Two years after I was born. I spent years, starting in my early teens, reading every article on sightings I could find. I find the drawing interesting for the time. It isn't the typical domed saucer usually depicted for that time period. I found the triangle giving it more validity, for some reason I don't even know.

I'll come back and reread the article in the morning. Tired eyes right now. TY for the story...

Des

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

OMG Des! They had books back then??

This is a good find OP, thanks for taking the time to find it for us!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Thanks for finding that. The 50's may not have been as great as we'd like to remember, but at least the government didn't ostensibly bury the story, or the witnesses. They gave him a commendation! My how things have 'changed'.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
thank you for this.

Another brick down the wall...
S&F.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

This is sure not what I expected to see. I have seen pictures of tri-angle shaped flying craft that have lights at each point of the tri-angle. I believe these craft are of our own making with the help of the ETs. I have never seen or heard of one like this one.
CecilGJ

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, folks.

This should have been mentioned in the OP, but the article was printed in the November 21, 1957, edition of the Albuquerque Tribune.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
reply to post by Destinyone

OMG Des! They had books back then??

Well...the transition from chipping everything into stone tablets, to papyrus, was a headache and all. But, we did it.

You silly goose...it saddens me, there are whole generations of kids growing up on mainly electronic print. Books are becoming things of ancient lore......

Des

edit on 7-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Also found this report from that same month of two more quadrilateral objects allegedly spotted by three electrical engineers:

April 24, 1952; Great Blue Hill nr. Milton, Mass. (BBU 1148) 2:30 p.m. (EST) AF Cambridge Research Center, Radar Systems Lsb, Electronics Research Div, electronics engineers, Alfred P. Furnish and Herbert J. Brun, and MIT electrical engineering senior Joseph Page, were in an observation tower on top of Great Blue Hill saw to the NW 2 very thin flat, dull reddish orange squarish objects with no corners or ovals pulled in at the waist about 10-15 ft wide, with a lip around outer edges, fly wobbly in consistently undulating "swooping" motion in horizontal flight at about 2,000 ft altitude. Objects then climbed about 15° elevation at an estimated 240 mph, then flew away and disappeared due to distance. No trail or exhaust, no sound, visibility 70+ miles. [Unclear whether observers used 6x aircraft tracking telescope.] (Berliner; FUFOR Index; Loren Gross Jan-May 1952)

source

Here are a number of documents related to the sighting.

And this one from the next month:

Project Blue Book Archive

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So, 7 years after WW2, we are expected to believe that the military managed to create these kind of crafts? Yeah, right

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Very cool sighting. Star and Flag

Here is a similar encounter where the crew of a B-25 came within 300 feet of a rectangular object.

June 7, 1952; 25 miles east of Albuquerque, New Mexico
11:18 a.m. MST. Col. Harold A. Radetsky, and Lt. Col. George S. Baylan, Pilot and Co-pilot of a B-25 aircraft, observed a rectangular object with dimensions of 6' X 4' of metal construction, possibly aluminum, 25 miles east of Albuquerque. The object was at an estimated altitude of 11,000 feet and was seen crossing the flight path of the B-25 which was at 11,500 feet. The object was estimated to be not more than 250-300 feet from the aircraft

nicap

Turns out this UFO was only 25 miles from Albuquerque and only around two months after the incident mentioned in your OP.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Apparently the witness actually was a Sandia employee. His name is listed in the "retiree deaths" section of the November 9, 2007, issue of Sandia Lab News:

It also seems that Dr. James McDonald took an interest in the case, as is evidenced in this excerpt from a 1967 personal letter from McDonald to a Mr. John A. Anderson of Sandia Corporation:

McDonald letter to Anderson, page 1
McDonald letter to Anderson, page 2

And as noted in the above excerpt, Coral Lorenzen apparently referenced this case in one of her books. I believe I have a copy at home, which I will check after work to see if there are any other interesting details not already mentioned.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
As usual, very interesting case and very well supported and sourced. Rectangle seems like a non-typical configuration, but I once spoke to a woman who allegedly witnessed such a thing at relatively close range near Columbus, Ohio hovering just 50 feet or so above a parking lot. Described as a featureless matte grey plank-like object about the size of a tractor/trailer. I hope I see one tomorrow. Thanks for this Ork. S&F

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Thanks for the reply, brother. That is a crazy sighting you describe, and I'm finding that the "rectangufo" is not quite as Very Rare as I thought. Dig this U.S. Air Force "Spot Intelligence Report" from July 1952:

If you look in Leslie Kean's book UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record, the chapter on the Belgian Wave features a sketch of a BIG low-flying rectangular object that someone reportedly witnessed. They're out there apparently.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

Very cool sighting. Star and Flag

Here is a similar encounter where the crew of a B-25 came within 300 feet of a rectangular object.

June 7, 1952; 25 miles east of Albuquerque, New Mexico
11:18 a.m. MST. Col. Harold A. Radetsky, and Lt. Col. George S. Baylan, Pilot and Co-pilot of a B-25 aircraft, observed a rectangular object with dimensions of 6' X 4' of metal construction, possibly aluminum, 25 miles east of Albuquerque. The object was at an estimated altitude of 11,000 feet and was seen crossing the flight path of the B-25 which was at 11,500 feet. The object was estimated to be not more than 250-300 feet from the aircraft

nicap

Turns out this UFO was only 25 miles from Albuquerque and only around two months after the incident mentioned in your OP.

Thanks for your contribution, my friend. I like the report you posted. I'm sure Blue Book would have likely slapped some explanation on it if they could have. Funny how all the rectangle reports we've found so far in this thread are from 1952.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Does anyone here ever stop and think or use their head? Am I the only one that notices that many of these UFO sightings look much like the aircraft used by today's military? The so called UFOs were these crafts when in the developmental stage.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

It kind of reminds me of the Ufo claimed to have been seen at the scene of the Tunguska incident in 1908. The reports of that Ufo were that it was cylindrical in shape. If at the right vantage point, it would appear rectangular.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Middletown
Does anyone here ever stop and think or use their head? Am I the only one that notices that many of these UFO sightings look much like the aircraft used by today's military? The so called UFOs were these crafts when in the developmental stage.

On the contrary, a quick check of the facts shows that the objects described in the "unknown" set of UFO reports bear no resemblance to any known technology. Maybe you should look into the subject a little.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I dont care who wants to "belive" in this eye-witness account... but I can validate the rectangular spacecraft myself.
Last year; February 23rd 2011- 10:30pm Eastern Daylight Time.. I was living on the country close to my hometown in Kingston, Ontario.. I was putting together a fire, gathering wood. As I go to my wood stack, I pick up an armfull of wood, as I straighten my back to walk to the fire pit, I look in the sky and the moment I looked up this enormous-rectangular ship materialized in the atmosphere above me, possibly 50,000+ km above, it cruised in the NE direction for 3 seconds, just gently and quiet, then POOF, de-materialized before my eyes.

This was the first experience of a solid craft I have ever seen. Since this sighting I have seen 14 "light orbs" (common mainstream name for a "UFO" made of pure plasma or light) near my country home. But the rectangular craft that I saw that night is very simular to this '52 news article, but there was no "V" or yellow.

Thanks for sharing this OP

~ Love is an art

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

It kind of reminds me of the Ufo claimed to have been seen at the scene of the Tunguska incident in 1908. The reports of that Ufo were that it was cylindrical in shape. If at the right vantage point, it would appear rectangular.

This doesn't make sense...

There are well-defined patterns in UFO reports, but saying that a report of a rectangular UFO and a report of a cylindrical UFO resemble each other is a bit far-fetched.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join