It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

secure smart phone project

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
every thing we do is at the mercy of the operating system on the device we use,
that useage is worth money so comercial OS are designed from inception to sell you out,

can we design a new platform that refuses to sell us out?

we can if privacy is more important to us than money

time to use free market capitalism to SHOW THEM WE WANT PRIVACY screw the money

xploder




posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Did you accidentally post a new thread instead of a response to your existing one?



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER
 


All you need to do is develop a good Firewall, that sees every connection, port and socket that goes out and in. And the ability to block them, then your phone is secure regardless of the OS it runs on. You can block/allow the connections you want.

As for making a custom OS, good luck. It's hard specially getting drivers for the internal hardware to function. You need to be able to work with the correct protocols, and hardware to get the phone running properly.

Manufacturers are not so giving to release drivers of there internal hardware on phones, because then you can turn WP7 phone's into your custom OS phone. And mister Bill Gates does not like that, neither would Nokia (Symbian), Blackberry (RIM OS), Goolge (Android OS) and Apple (iOS).



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01
reply to post by XPLodER
 


All you need to do is develop a good Firewall, that sees every connection, port and socket that goes out and in. And the ability to block them, then your phone is secure regardless of the OS it runs on. You can block/allow the connections you want.

As for making a custom OS, good luck. It's hard specially getting drivers for the internal hardware to function. You need to be able to work with the correct protocols, and hardware to get the phone running properly.

Manufacturers are not so giving to release drivers of there internal hardware on phones, because then you can turn WP7 phone's into your custom OS phone. And mister Bill Gates does not like that, neither would Nokia (Symbian), Blackberry (RIM OS), Goolge (Android OS) and Apple (iOS).


screw them all the sell out sobs

if we as consumers want privacy we will do the whole project ourselves,
hardware and software

i intend on prooving that a privacy by design smart phone has a consumer market,
open sourced, no hidden key loggers no back doors,

not owned by the big corps you listed.
not selling out users

Ctrl C Ctrl V

"they" wont do it so we will

expect it

xploder



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
Did you accidentally post a new thread instead of a response to your existing one?


no that thread explains the problem,
this one is a call to fix the problem.

smart phones are the property of the user,
NOT THE MANUFACTURER

so lets design and produce the hard ware and software FOR PRIVACY

xploder



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by Required01
reply to post by XPLodER
 


All you need to do is develop a good Firewall, that sees every connection, port and socket that goes out and in. And the ability to block them, then your phone is secure regardless of the OS it runs on. You can block/allow the connections you want.

As for making a custom OS, good luck. It's hard specially getting drivers for the internal hardware to function. You need to be able to work with the correct protocols, and hardware to get the phone running properly.

Manufacturers are not so giving to release drivers of there internal hardware on phones, because then you can turn WP7 phone's into your custom OS phone. And mister Bill Gates does not like that, neither would Nokia (Symbian), Blackberry (RIM OS), Goolge (Android OS) and Apple (iOS).


screw them all the sell out sobs

if we as consumers want privacy we will do the whole project ourselves,
hardware and software

i intend on prooving that a privacy by design smart phone has a consumer market,
open sourced, no hidden key loggers no back doors,

not owned by the big corps you listed.
not selling out users

Ctrl C Ctrl V

"they" wont do it so we will

expect it

xploder


And if it's a succes, you will be a 'big company' as well, with all the results it provides.

Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about, and the time, money and effort it will consume. Who is going to trust an new untested open source phone?

Just go run a Meego smartphone, it's dumped by Nokia, and it will be released as a open source Linux based OS.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01
 


on what?
without a trusted hardware back bone,
the OS is only half the problem.

i talking about a self sniffing pro activly private phone

that platform only exists in sat phone ATM

we need one for every user (if they desire)

xploder



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by Required01
 


on what?
without a trusted hardware back bone,
the OS is only half the problem.

i talking about a self sniffing pro activly private phone

that platform only exists in sat phone ATM

we need one for every user (if they desire)

xploder


No it's not there are several smartphones out there already that can run on Meego including de Nokia N900 (originally on Meamo). There are several 'hackers' how ported the OS the various other phones fully functional.

If you Google a bit, you will find quite a lot of information. The OS is a decent stable running OS, maybe create your own hardware and try to run the OS on it. If you have a degree in electronics that is.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Required01 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER
 


Thats The Spirit!
www.youtube.com...

Third Line



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01
 


ok i will investigate the OS you recommend,

but if your carrier allows coms directly (without your permission) to your manufacturer
then a hard ware encrypted carrier is required with a privacy by design policy is required.

this would be "do not track" or "do not log" style connection,
FOR EVERY USER.

calyix institute is designing just such an isp/carrier

xploder



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
every thing we do is at the mercy of the operating system on the device we use,
that useage is worth money so comercial OS are designed from inception to sell you out,

can we design a new platform that refuses to sell us out?


Who would everyone trust?


we can if privacy is more important to us than money


And if they suddenly change their minds?


time to use free market capitalism to SHOW THEM WE WANT PRIVACY screw the money

xploder


Sure... and I'm still posting, when I was 100% sure I'd be banned. strange how things work out..



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by Required01
 


ok i will investigate the OS you recommend,

but if your carrier allows coms directly (without your permission) to your manufacturer
then a hard ware encrypted carrier is required with a privacy by design policy is required.

this would be "do not track" or "do not log" style connection,
FOR EVERY USER.

calyix institute is designing just such an isp/carrier

xploder


Well why go to all the trouble of creating a new phone/OS, just start your own carrier network company. And refuse to send data directly to manufacturer's. It's much easier and cheaper to achieve imho.

You manage your own network then, en decide what data you will and will not route, look at Blackberry. We can't even get our mail on the phone here if we don't have the extra 'ping' feature witch costs an additional 7,50 a month. This not not a Data feature, just the Blackberry service to use mail, and other features.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join