It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican UFO photo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hey all. Long time lurker here. I finally have something worth contributing but I need my 20 posts to contribute. My brother and his now wife just returned from their honeymoon in mexico checking out mayan ruins etc... but something a bit different caught my eye in one of the photos! I am a healthy skeptic on this subject I would like to think, and I am quite well read on ufology, so I'm not just shootin out my arse here!

Is it just a bug, or a plane, or a spec on the lense? I am not sure. This photo has not been doctored in anyway and is completely raw, if any experts could have a look at it, that would be great.

i.imgur.com...

If it's just a cheeky bug or some other anomaly? So it goes, but I thought it was worth a look.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by goobypls1234

Welcome to ATS...could be a bird. Tropical area, lot's of large birds.

Des

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Two votes for bird.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hi.
Looks like a bird with white wings outstretched.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Fake,

Look at how clear and sharp the picture is, and then look at the 'object'. It's blurry and pixelated. How you people see a bird in it and not the crappy photoshop skills is funny.

That object if it where in the original picture, should be just as sharp as it's surroundings, if it was moving really fast it could have motion blur. But you can clearly see that this is not motion blur but a crappy fixelated image of an 'object' added.

Please provide us with the original image containing the EXIF data.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Originally posted by Required01
Fake,

Look at how clear and sharp the picture is, and then look at the 'object'. It's blurry and pixelated. How you people see a bird in it and not the crappy photoshop skills is funny.

That object if it where in the original picture, should be just as sharp as it's surroundings, if it was moving really fast it could have motion blur. But you can clearly see that this is not motion blur but a crappy fixelated image of an 'object' added.

Your apparent knowledge of Photography and Photoshop notwithstanding, You have absolutely No idea what you are talking about! Please go read through your wikipedia articles again and educate yourself.

OP: Most likely a bird as stated by others. The wing blur is evident although not symmetrical.

Keep Looking Up!!
edit on 7-8-2012 by redbarron626 because: to say hello

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

Fake,

Your apparent knowledge of Photography and Photoshop notwithstanding, You have absolutely No idea what you are talking about! Please go read through your wikipedia articles again and educate yourself.

OP: Most likely a bird as stated by others. The wing blur is evident although not symmetrical.

Keep Looking Up!!

Lol, sure mister bird expert. Show me the original photo with the EXIF and i will believe you. Otherwise it's just a crappy photoshop attempt.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
not photoshopped. A larger tropical bird seems like a pretty good explanation, but I thought you might like to see it anyhow. cheers guys!

Edit: considering I asked the new sister in law to send my this straight after she was showing me the photos, it makes me questions all the "ITS PHOTOSHOP" comments, as this one isnt. Maybe its just a [SNIP] bird!
edit on 7-8-2012 by goobypls1234 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Heck, I'll go with Pterodactyl. There, something different.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Don't let the photoshop poster get to you. He didn't take his happy pill this morning....

Des

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by goobypls1234
not photoshopped. A larger tropical bird seems like a pretty good explanation, but I thought you might like to see it anyhow. cheers guys!

Edit: considering I asked the new sister in law to send my this straight after she was showing me the photos, it makes me questions all the "ITS PHOTOSHOP" comments, as this one isnt. Maybe its just a #ing bird!
edit on 7-8-2012 by goobypls1234 because: (no reason given)

Don't forget your on ATS now and your new. Why should i 'believe' what you say? For all i know your just seeking attention.

Again, i'm sceptical, specially here since most of the times it's non-sense what is posted here. If you have the original image with the EXIF data i will be convinced. Not on a story.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

This thread was moved from Introductions to the Aliens and UFOs forum. Please mind your manners and keep this thread in mind:
ENOUGH! Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum and those who habitually deride and insult
edit on 7-8-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

thats an awesome pic of a mexican jungle horizon OP.

not too sure what to think, would be great if it was captured in zoom.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Welcome to ATS!

Fake,

Keep Looking Up!!
edit on 7-8-2012 by redbarron626 because: to say hello

I agree it's a bird. I also agree is not smart to call it fake on spot, without support.

If you photoshop a UFO, you wouldn't add an object that looks like a bird right? I have to say it, ATS used to be the home of brilliant minds.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Wow..rude!!! .I'm flabbergasted at the rude comments!!! Ok, so some think it's a hoax..does anyone else have a problem w/ the delivery of these comments towards hoax?

I don't see why the people that think it's a hoax politely say so and give the reasons why in a respectful delivery!!

Personally, I think the guys telling the truth and just wanted opinions of wth it could be, even if it's just a bird.

Personally I see 2 options....1) a bird and the blur is the flapping of the wing

2) I see a shine to it. Silvery in color...the blur could be a craft shifting directions ...hence the blur going in a different direction and the sun is radiating off the top of the craft where u can def. see silver color

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

looks a lot like a bird

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Fake,

Well guess what if the bird was moving and the shutter speed wasn't quick enough then there would be BLUR!

Looks like a bird!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It looks like a bird w/ its wings arched up...

cropped object compared w/ bird....

another example...

edit on August 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A birdy is as good as it can get, although a circular drone might be a possibility, there's even signs of a chopper in the distance.

As the picture was obviously taken of a static panorama, there's nothing suspicious about motion blur from an object that IS moving.
edit on 7-8-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join