It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upload/Download from God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

In this video Peter Brown speaks about 'a download from God' in an interview about realization.
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

However, they would experience sensation in the moment only. If they had no words to stamp on the experience they would not beable to 'think' because thought is made of words and symbols.

Our thought is made of symbols and words but it is the symbols that come first and we are the ones that add the narration. Thought exists apart from language. One thing you are right about is that we would never know and it is all speculation however that can be said about two hearing, seeing, speaking individuals as well. We only can attempt to explain how one thinks and feels using language but to truly know one must be able to temporarily become the other person while maintaining their own consciousness, this is probably why that saying "You just don't understand" is so popular because it is true. IMO mind made delusion would still exist too as they would still have to eat and breath.... if they ate something like a ghost pepper, then later come in contact with another pepper similar in texture and size I am sure they would be afraid to eat it and would prefer to eat something else. Like you this is all my opinionated speculation and I have no clue but would be interesting to see studies on this.
edit on 9-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: rearranged

<< 1   >>

join