It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upload/Download from God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Have you ever had a moment where you just sit and stare, not really thinking anything... almost as if you're asleep while you're awake?

I've heard this is similar to your brain catching up on sleep, but is it possible this is a "spiritual download/upload" process?

Perhaps sleep itself might also be said process?

Damnit.. why did i take the red pill!!?!?!

:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Happens all the time when watching TV

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
He's on Facebook. Ask 'im.
www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Who is to say that the opposite is not true and that dreaming is waking up and waking up is the dream. Reality has limitations that the mind does not always want to accept maybe because it knows more than we think it does which is why we constantly search for spirituality thinking this is the way to enlightenment of true knowingness

edit on 7-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Have you ever had a moment where you just sit and stare, not really thinking anything... almost as if you're asleep while you're awake?

I've heard this is similar to your brain catching up on sleep, but is it possible this is a "spiritual download/upload" process?

Sounds more like spiritual malware.

But really, you might be on to something. Normally, meditation and prayer are consensual downloading and uploading. When it happens behind your back, I'm not sure what to think of that.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
He's on Facebook. Ask 'im.
www.facebook.com...

Ok that made me actually laugh out loud.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

dang he has a lot less likes than I would have figured, maybe jesus has more.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
reply to post by Akragon

Happens all the time when watching TV

that might be the media slowly melting your brain...

Do you watch Jersy shore?

:shk:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Good.
And now you can say you found God...on Facebook.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

edit on 7-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Good.
What I find amusing is that this is more true than people realize.

But to answer the OP: Yes, several times a week. I'm sure many people just space out like that, or maybe they just used to as a child. But anyway -- it's like looking through something without looking through anything. I'm just listening with my eyes without actually using them. Do I think this is some kind of interconnected state of being? Well, it's technically like a meditation because I'm just listening in a way that feels totally automatic. But with God? Sure, why not. It's with something, probably, at least yourself, so yes: you're listening to something, perhaps the no-thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Good.

How about the evil lord ?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Pure awareness is seeing and hearing what is here, it is different from 'thinking'. The human mind is like a computer that is continually stamping words all over what is experienced, so the experience is being labelled this or that. When the words stop appearing the experience is non conceptual - without concept (prior to conception - an immaculate conception). This happens when you see something like a sunset, where there are no words just awe.
When the thoughts and words stop you see the glory of God. When the words stamp all that is seen you see the deception of the devil.

Stop seeking for something that is not real and find reality:
youtu.be...
edit on 7-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

During the "process" do you feel a tingling in your head/brain?
It has happened to me on several occasions and i have come up with the name "celestial download".What i believe is actually happening is that we are all connected with a universal consciousness(you call it god,someone else might call it aliens,the name doesn't matter) that is allowing us from time to time to gain access to its files.I have come to believe that the upload happens after the death of the body,but that's a different subject.
After the process i usually have some very strange and crazy ideas,as well as some really weird dreams.

When it first happened i got really worried,so i went to a doctor.After countless tests,the doctor didn't find anything wrong.So at least for me,it's not a physical problem.

Anyway be open to it.You never know what you might find/learn

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Pure awareness is seeing and hearing what is here, it is different from 'thinking'. The human mind is like a computer that is continually stamping words all over what is experienced, so the experience is being labelled this or that. When the words stop appearing the experience is non conceptual - without concept (prior to conception - an immaculate conception). This happens when you see something like a sunset, where there are no words just awe.
When the thoughts and words stop you see the glory of God. When the words stamp all that is seen you see the deception of the devil.

youtu.be...

Ok purely to keep the conversation alive how would you explain a blind deaf mute? Being as they are not susceptible to what you say are the deceptions of the devil and are also without language to stamp all that they think, and without sight to visualize the awe of a sunset. Would they be closer to the glory of God?
edit on 7-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

Have to tell this.
2 senses lost since beginning - you are wandering meat/stupid/dumb/have to depend on others entirely and in Islam - free of religious duties. Closer to god ? I dont know but I know this, its far from sanity.
edit on 7-8-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It's called daydreaming. I am a pro at this, and never paid attention in school worth a damn. Funny thing though, I must have been processing whatever was going on in class. Aced every test without ever having to crack a book or study. I believe it's possible to be in the state you describe while still retaining what is going on around you.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

I have not experienced a deaf/blind/mute. And no one can know what a deaf/blind/mute experiences because they would not beable to communicate.
However, they would experience sensation in the moment only. If they had no words to stamp on the experience they would not beable to 'think' because thought is made of words and symbols. They would experience direct conscious contact because they would not be aware of concepts like later or before or other. 'This' (presence) is what they would know. They would have no concept of God either.
They would not have the human conditioned mind so would not be suffering from mind made delusion (which causes suffering in mankind) so would know only the Glory of God. IMO.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

youtu.be...

Ok purely to keep the conversation alive how would you explain a blind deaf mute? Being as they are not susceptible to what you say are the deceptions of the devil and are also without language to stamp all that they think, and without sight to visualize the awe of a sunset. Would they be closer to the glory of God?
edit on 7-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: spelling

They would be no 'closer' to the glory of God than you are. It is just that the human mind is deluded (decevied) into believing what is not true. This moment is true. Mental construct (thought) is not true - it is imagination. Imagination is ok as long as one realizes that all imagination is happening presently. Nothing can appear any 'other time' than now.
The thoughts can be seen arising presently so are also the glory of God. All appearances are the glory of God but thought is taken personally and believed.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Sounds like a low-alpha wave state. It's what you get when your conscious mind mostly shuts down and your brain flips over to its default mode network. You can get there through light/medium meditation, just trying to relax a lot, or by watching engrossing television/movies. (That last one should make you pause a bit, if you're just learning it.)

Remember that you are encoded into meat, and meat is fallible. Don't assume a spiritual explanation when a physical one will do.

As to downloading information from an extra-universal entity/god/God/whatever, generally it feels a LOT more active than that. Plus there's usually some strong physical reactions as your brain thrashes about trying to process the data. Generally, you'll know when that happens. (Course, you probably won't actually _understand_ the data. Usually most of it isn't in the conscious mind, so, y'know, be careful who you listen to. Just cause a voice in your head says it's God, and really really FEELS like God, and you just _know_ it's God... well, that doesn't mean it's not telling a lie.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join