It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Sydney and California Tsunamis coming???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I got magnitude, float, magnitude, question, drop

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shimri
reply to post by Spruk

Regarding Sydney . . .

How would a general area of Indonesia relate to the plate that Australia is sitting on?

I ask because his original call was a quake epicenter of ~88 mile SSW of Portland Oregon and another somewhere in Indonesia.

I'm no geologist but take a look see at my previous post link about the ring of fire its commonly accepted as the major plates around the world, but its possible (unlikely but possible) to get a tsunami from the northern sector, but it would have to be the southern section nearish to nz area.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Spruk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
You do realize that you can't view any private Facebook pages unless you're signed up to Facebook and logged in? I don't have Facebook.
I didn't even get a private page of nothing. It said page not found. Did you type the link correctly? Or that account is no longer.

I'm on the west coast of Canada, I'm assuming it's included in the warning, since we share the same coastline as western US. A tsunami is usually generated when an earthquake happens away from land in the water. If one happened on land in California, like he said, it isnt likely to generate one.

I'm not buying it.
His Japan prediction wasn't that great as I recall.
Thanks for posting though. I will keep it in mind.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Reply to post by violet

It was, in fact, 9 hours off.

IMO, I would give it the benefit of the doubt on that one. lol

YMMV

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Oh, more infos

-9 days before the California tsunami, Iran will be invaded-

-Roughly a couple days after the California tsunami, World War 3 will start-

-HAARP attack on Iran will be near the end of WW3 (roughly 10 months after CA tsunami)

Take it for what it's worth. Just throwing the info out there.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Sigh. It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of Coombes.

He is a charlatan and I simply don't get how/why people give him any attention at all. Again, like before he already inserted an escape button for himself:

Mitchell Coombes What is there to fear? Nothing.
No 104hr countdown = no tsunami
6 hours ago • Like • 9

Which pretty much makes the original Facebook post ("warning") completely pointless. Just like the "prediction" he made for 25 April 2011. Just like the "prediction" he made for September/October 2011.

For those that don't know the entire "Mitchell Coombes Saga": Remember he (generally claims) that he isn't a "psychic", but that he has "inside information".

Let it be known that if he makes an accurate prediction I will publicly apologise and acknowledge that I was wrong. I just wonder how many strikes he'll get before people see him for what he is.

We're watching Mitchell. Impress us!

edit on 7-8-2012 by Gemwolf because: Missing year.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Yeah this prediction is a load of crud.

However, in the event that a 1000ft Tsunami is generated in CA and travells across the Pacific to the AU east coast. When it arrives the wave its self will only be about 5 - 10 meters high.

No biggie you may say. Unfortunately this is much, much worse than having a 1000ft Tsunami drop on top of you.

A 1000ft Tsunami travelling fairly slowly, will lose momentum due to its own weight and will travel only a few KM inland.

A 5 - 10 meter Tsunami travelling at close to 1600kmph, will surge up 300m mountains and over the top, will travel hundreds of KM inland where the ground is close to sea level. Even retreating to high ground would be a futile gesture during a Mega Tsunami.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I knew you would show up. Read your debunking posts.

lol

I am not persuaded one way or the other. Always good to get a second opinion though.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I just love these threads, always interesting.
At least it gives me a chance to forget about the daily grind for a while, drift off and consider armageddon.

My ideal scenario:

Biggest tsunami the world has ever seen, takes out all communication and electricity and we are forced to go back to living on the land, and in harmony with the land. Nobody gets hurt but it takes out everything that gives the elite power over us - taxes, mortgages, nightly news, centralized electricity etc.

Is anybody else just a little excited reading threads like this? Even if it is one in a million chance of happening. I know if this happened millions will die so it would suck, but I love watching how powerful nature is and I really want the status quo rearranged. I don't live in Sydney but I kinda rely on Sydney and Brisbane being above water for my business. Don't get me wrong I really don't want anybody dying or especially suffering. Stay safe all you people in the eastern states, just grab a malibu and ride the waves inland.

I have to admit three 9.4's in the same day kinda sounds ridiculous, but I guess it is 2012 so if it's ever going to happen this would be it. They will probably just fire a particle beam weapon into the pacific from a space station and blame earthquakes.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
if cali is going under water this should be cali's eulogy song....notice the apocolpyse undertones of the vid

hook............. "shake it cali"............ this was origannly a joke, but its getting weird as i watch the video
edit on 7-8-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
and on side note i guess australia IS the land down under. HA

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

Australia is not the lucky country everyone thinks it is.

Yes it is true we are in the center of the Indo-Australai plate. However there are major "thrust and slip", fault lines all over the Eastern side of Australia and these can generate some really destructive quakes.

Most activity in eastern australia is due to upward thrusting movements under the plate (mountain building), which is very active today.

Places like the Latrobe Valley in Victoria (which had a 5.3 just a few weeks ago), and the Mornington Peninsula are in a very, very active mountian building phase. The Peninsula has been reaised by 10 meters over the last 100,000 years.

Also, do not forget the newcastle quake, it destroyed half the city and killed a lot of people. Australia's shallow fault lines have the potential to cause more damage than any of the continental plate lines. Because they are so close to the surface, the shockwaves of even mild quakes can have devistating concequence, although I do doubt they can generate anything stronger than a 6 - 6.5, including the faults around sydney.

Another thing... "Volcanoes"!!! Australia (and in particular Victoria and Eastern SA), have more potential eruption points than any other country (which is a very little known fact). There are over 400 extinct (some very recently), eruption points across western Vic and today there's over 40 that still have the potential to errupt att any time.

Hanging Rock, Mt Macedon, Mt Cottrell, Mount Gambier (SA), Aberfeldy (Baw Baw shire,Vic) are all dormant (not extinct, DORMANT), along with around, as I said, about 36 other potentially active volcanoes.

Luckily, most of them are Maar and Shield Volcanoes and devistation would be limited, but AU isn't the quiet place you might think, it is very active.

edit on 8/7/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/7/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Andromedabound

This attitude is fast becoming standard fare. It seems most just want to get it over and done with.

EDIT: You can abandon the system at any point you choose. That is all it is; a choice.
edit on 7-8-2012 by usernamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I usually lurk but I decided to reply because I tried the Word Generator. I found this coincidence amusing...
my words were, in order;
SKY > FALLING > PREACHING > SPECULATION > GHOST > PRESIDENT > SILVER > INSTRUMENT

I relate the first 4 words to the overreaction of people when they read this sort of info. (Dunno what to make of the last 4)
Though, I'm not sure what the Word Generator has to do with a Tsunami/ Earthquake...

I'm going stay calm to take a "wait and see" stance on this earthquake situation. Thanks for the news though OP!

-Peace

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Again you sir are certainly well read.

AU Volcanos

However we will have to disagree one a few points (not because I'm being argumentative), it's just that having a 9.5 mag quake, especially in Sydney is just improbable.

As for the Newcastle quake all i could find is data on the 1989 jobbie, to which escapes my memory, this is probably due to the age i was at the time
. The quake a few weeks ago i believe was just south-west of moe, to which my joke was referencing, i too felt that (at the time the washing machine was going, the wife and i assumed it was just out of balance and ignored it).

So yes the southern states have a record of small SHORT quakes (which from what my limited understanding of the geosciences is) are unlikely to be overly large or overly damaging and usually feature little to no aftershocks. Any chance you know more about this?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Honestly, people like this should be arrested for breach of public safety.

Nothing will happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I have friends in Melbourne and I certainly hope that in the event of a disaster in Sidney, that the survivors rush to the aid of Melbourne.

Couldn't resist. Sorry.

Best to all. Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I have friends in Melbourne and I certainly hope that in the event of a disaster in Sidney, that the survivors rush to the aid of Melbourne.

Couldn't resist. Sorry.

Best to all. Stay safe.

We need a new world city anyway. Melbourne is perfect. Melbourne will not get touched by a wave either

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I just did the word generator, and I do find it interesting. I got-
Imbalance- Ceremony- Trick- Documentary- Dying- Helmet- Testing
Then I tried "Random phrases" and got-
Sideways steel- accurate active- superificial expectations- arriving inconvenience

I am sceptical about Coombes's claims.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Would guarantee nsw would never be able to win origin

Not that they had a chance anyway

Tsunami or not

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join