It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Sydney and California Tsunamis coming???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

While I understand your post I cannot help thinking about HAARP. Perhaps with the invention of HAARP the tectonic plates become invalid. I cannot help but think that earthquakes are not always related to plate movement. Just my thoughts.

Much Peace...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

There are fault lines all through Sydney especially that of the All Black plate that I think runs through Enmore, Newtown way

home.iprimus.com.au...

home.iprimus.com.au...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This forum is generally one or more of five things:

1) FANTASTIC entertainment
2) factual information presented for interpretation
3) fragments of truth mixed with 90% speculation
4) hypotheses presented for the masses to discuss
5) a field day for those looking to send malleable individuals into a panicked frenzy

Some here are latching onto number 5 and doomsday prepping their pants - everyone relax. Except if it's actually real, then everyone should panic. But only then.

This is just another YU55 to me, and i'm in the impact zone of all this prediction-ism. So just settle down, and if i'm wrong i'll endeavour to float past you all personally and apologise.

Chill out!

edit on 7/8/2012 by outsidethesquare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Sometimes when I encounter info that could possibly have a direct affect on me and my family while on the web, I initially 'consult' a random word generator. It's easy and never fails to yield relevant results.

random word generator

It's busy at work, but I did try to clear my mind and request results from a source outside of myself (rather than have my mind generate words that mirror my thoughts). The results were valid, but it remains to be seen if they were true outside threats or products of the imagination.

1st word: Seeming (then tried to clear my thoughts & requested 'what do I need to be wary of?')
2nd word: Monster
3rd: Anger
4th (see below): Flooding - (decided to post results because this word showed up so quickly)

*Also clicked the link to test it before posting, and the word presented was 'Startle.'

Try for yourself.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I tried it twice and got "sink" and then "tragedy".

Damn.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by acidsweep

I just wanted to confirm that I cannot find anything on his web- site and I still can't get to his FB page under the link in the OP's 1 st post. ...when I did a search on his name...I found a faceless page on the guy but he had absolutely no post on his wall....not even comments from others....

I find it intriguing if FB took his info down....really intriguing...I wish the Op would have done a screen capture on what they saw...

I just checked again. his facebook is still active, there's just nothing on it since July 1st.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I am sure you have all already heard it many times before.

No one can predict earthquakes.

There is no evidence to say that anyone can.

Yes, yes he posted on facebook etc, but that is not proof. It is a fluke.

If he gets it right many times over then he has a gift.

Until then, its a fluke.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

no because it looks like most Australian earthquakes happen south and west link

Southern Ocean, North of Macquarie Island 23 December 2004 8.1 Mw Offshore, felt in Tasmania and New Zealand 500 kilometres (311 mi) north of Macquarie Island, 1,300 kilometres (808 mi) south of Hobart[42]

Southern Ocean south of Western Australia 12 December 2001 7.0 Mw Offshore, felt in Albany and Esperance 1,020 kilometres (634 mi) south of Esperance[41]

the list goes on.

and this next quote comes from here . talking about the Chilean quake in 1960.

But the tsunami was far from over. The waves hit Hilo, Hawaii, 15 hours later, killing 61 people and badly injuring 282 others. Because of a confusion over the warning siren, people returned to their homes after the first wave, only to be later caught in the deafening 20 foot wave that followed.

22 hours after the 9.5 earthquake, the tsunami radiated from the Chilean epicenter and reached Japan. For hours, the populace endured waves as high as 14 feet. After the destruction was over, 122 Japanese people lost their lives to the torrential water. Source: USGS

edit on 7-8-2012 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Reply to post by magma

lol

He is one lucky bloke, then.

What are the odds of calling a 9+ earthquake 104 hours in advance?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
After serching the net about Mr. Coombes I found that he tried to predict much more and nearly none of it was right. What about the 9.x earthquake in the US this April he also predicted with his 104 hour warning for example?

So please all sit down, calm down and forget him. It's just another hoaxer in the net. Of cause he will get a correct prediction if he predicts an earthquake every day. There aren't too many zones on earth where you can expect a 7+ earthquake so having one correct is quite easy.

So maybe we all should start with our own predictions like: There will be a 1.9 earthquake at El Hierro today so better don't put the glass on the tables edge or it may fall down

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Spruk

There are fault lines all through Sydney especially that of the All Black plate that I think runs through Enmore, Newtown way

home.iprimus.com.au...

home.iprimus.com.au...

Oh dear. Please dont post that again. Read this: GeoActivity (Fed Gov)

Wait the "all black plate"? Can you please link a credible source for this 'plate', i cant even find anything on it in google (Note "Credible" source would be a paper written by a notable scientist, and has been peer-reviewed.).

In essence Australia is in the MIDDLE of a continental plate. Our plate yes has minor faults (these are not "fault lines" to say, they would be (at best) minor faults on our plate, if you review the above pdf from the AU Geo guys, you'll see the swarms.) These quakes are generated by rock being compressed and the quake is just the rock re-settling.

SO with that in mind, for our 'faults' to produce a 9.5 it would be a full blown rupture (meaning we will have magma flowing in whats left of the streets, because the plate itself has a HUGE hole in it), what you are trying to say is there are minor faults under Sydney (and other sites), this is quite possible however they wouldnt generate a 9.5 which is being discussed here. Its like saying the Moe fracture is a major fault line (it triggers maybe once a year, and causes about 100-200 million dollars of improvement to the area....
).

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by jam321

According to Coombes, it gives ample time for people to respond, but 104 hours is more or less the point of no return for TPTB, as in if he calls it too early, they can change plans.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Thank- you!!!!! Very nice of you to help me like that...very appreciative!! Well, that ends the possible thought that FB took it down for a devious reason,,,( lol )

I will follow this closely and see if I can find the plumes in Cali this guy was talking about along w/ what fishermen have been experiencing.

Again....than- you. Some- times it shocks me when I find ATS'ers willing to go out of their way instead of slamming me for not being able to find it on my own.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare
are we talking about this dude?

www.facebook.com...

if so then i see nothing there about all this

i'm in melbourne, so... should i buy an umbrella?

kind of interesting about the Mt Tongariro eruption in N.Z. happening just recently

what's the countdown at, T minus??

gotta say, this'll suck, we just got a new car.
edit on 6/8/2012 by outsidethesquare because: (no reason given)

edit: try this link, but you can only subscribe and it shows nothing interesting

www.facebook.com...
edit on 6/8/2012 by outsidethesquare because: (no reason given)

No no, try this link - there are 2 mitchell coombes. you accidently linked thre wrong one
link

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

You my friend are a smart bunny, so happy to walk away from the tsunami comment, but i still mark it in the "unlikely" event.

My main focus really is the 9.5 mag quake in Sydney. - Mag Scale

"9.5 2.7 gigatons 11 EJ M_W Valdivia earthquake (Chile), 1960" - I mean seriously 2.78 gigtons of TNT going off, agan i do not believe this would not happen in the middle of our plate. (i'm settled on the Tsunami point you made!)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by outsidethesquare

Or....6) people will take the information and mull it over, re-search it, discuss it, connect dots from other News sources, decide to make valid plans in case any up-and- coming event displaces their family members and they need a good plan to meet up and survive.

Also, it's always nice to get some what of a possible heads up....Like tornado warnings allowing you time to get your butt to a safer, survivable location. If entertainment can get people to thinking where they actually survive a situation I say
5 stars

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
What makes this guy know better than anyone? Hope it doesnt happen

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
No no, try this link - there are 2 mitchell coombes. you accidently linked thre wrong one
link

as per my post second from the top of page #2, the correct link is already in my post you just quoted, at the bottom of the post under "EDIT".

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Seems he also called a few rugby matches.

This guy is interesting. Not forming a positive or negative opinion of him yet, though. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by acidsweep

I just wanted to confirm that I cannot find anything on his web- site and I still can't get to his FB page under the link in the OP's 1 st post. ...when I did a search on his name...I found a faceless page on the guy but he had absolutely no post on his wall....not even comments from others....

I find it intriguing if FB took his info down....really intriguing...I wish the Op would have done a screen capture on what they saw...

Not sure why people are having trouble finding his FB page and the post. But as requested here is a screen capture of the post which i took a minutre ago

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join