It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Sydney and California Tsunamis coming???

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spruk
reply to post by Ironclad

Again you sir are certainly well read.

AU Volcanos

However we will have to disagree one a few points (not because I'm being argumentative), it's just that having a 9.5 mag quake, especially in Sydney is just improbable.

As for the Newcastle quake all i could find is data on the 1989 jobbie, to which escapes my memory, this is probably due to the age i was at the time
. The quake a few weeks ago i believe was just south-west of moe, to which my joke was referencing, i too felt that (at the time the washing machine was going, the wife and i assumed it was just out of balance and ignored it).

So yes the southern states have a record of small SHORT quakes (which from what my limited understanding of the geosciences is) are unlikely to be overly large or overly damaging and usually feature little to no aftershocks. Any chance you know more about this?

Yes I believe I stated in a later post that AU faultines are not capable of making large earthquakes. The estimate at best would be a 6.2 max. So that part is true to form.

However, because our fault lines are so shallow, there is definately a potential for massive devistation from even a tiny 6+, as specially if the center is below a major population center. I believe the Newcastle quake was only a 5.6 and very very shallow, and centered on the town its self, hence the ammount of destruction.

I think Moe got very lucky last month, that the quake was still at a 10km depth.

Incidentally, I'm in Willow Grove, just north of Moe and MAN, did I feel that Shake..lol

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
So he predicted Japan AND California but only got one right. Now he's saying Australia and California. I guess time will tell. Does he have something against California?

No offense but I hope the guy is wrong.

I'll take ...

1/2 for the win~! .. now I'm deeply interested ~!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It's my understanding that until today/yesterday depending on where you are that he didn't predict anything but some game scores and the Japan quake. The reason people keep saying he predicted a quake in California and failed is because of his post on March 1st that said goodbye Japan, goodbye California. He did not give any dates in that post, he did not make any predictions. He simply said goodbye. After that he made his post about Japan and now after over a year he is not making a prediction for California or Oz just simply saying be ready I'm making my prediction soon and/or telling you very soon when it's going to happen. It's so hard to believe if what he's saying is true I just can't get over the fact that he clearly made a prediction about Japan and it came true...

Seriously how many of you have actually looked at his FB and saw what he said? It's clear as day on there and all these people on here being stupid about everything aren't doing anything but pissing everyone off. CLEAR AS DAY. If he hacked facebook along with everyone else that commented on his posts that is a gigantic step and anyone that has any idea what hacking is and entails should agree. It would have been a huge undertaking and I have a hard time believe he spoofed anything on his FB....UNLESS FB IS IN ON IT TOO....CONSPIRACY!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lannister
Just out of curiousity, but how credible is the theory that if a big enough earthquake hit CA that it could literally break away from the US? Again, just curious.

No.

From everything I've read California would be hurting bad with the Western half of the State moving North bumping and grinding the Eastern half of the State along the way of the San Andreas fault me thinks.

Could be dated info though. I haven't lived there in over 23 years.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Originally posted by Spruk
reply to post by Ironclad

Again you sir are certainly well read.

AU Volcanos

However we will have to disagree one a few points (not because I'm being argumentative), it's just that having a 9.5 mag quake, especially in Sydney is just improbable.

As for the Newcastle quake all i could find is data on the 1989 jobbie, to which escapes my memory, this is probably due to the age i was at the time
. The quake a few weeks ago i believe was just south-west of moe, to which my joke was referencing, i too felt that (at the time the washing machine was going, the wife and i assumed it was just out of balance and ignored it).

So yes the southern states have a record of small SHORT quakes (which from what my limited understanding of the geosciences is) are unlikely to be overly large or overly damaging and usually feature little to no aftershocks. Any chance you know more about this?

Yes I believe I stated in a later post that AU faultines are not capable of making large earthquakes. The estimate at best would be a 6.2 max. So that part is true to form.

However, because our fault lines are so shallow, there is definately a potential for massive devistation from even a tiny 6+, as specially if the center is below a major population center. I believe the Newcastle quake was only a 5.6 and very very shallow, and centered on the town its self, hence the ammount of destruction.

I think Moe got very lucky last month, that the quake was still at a 10km depth.

Incidentally, I'm in Willow Grove, just north of Moe and MAN, did I feel that Shake..lol

I think you might be missing the point. If he is "predicting" the quake, then the quake timing is known. If it is known, it is not likely to be natural, ergo, the quake will be caused by something other then natural fault lines. To be as specific as he is being, someone or something, is doing the damage, not the earth. Science is a lot of things, but exact is isn't. Those who build fukashima said there could never be a tsunami of the size that killed the plant - they were wrong, but they don't get strung out to dry even though their "prediction" is slowly killing us.

so, what we do know: when science predicts there is no need for accountability. When non science folks predict, said witches need to be burned for their crimes.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

There are a lot of coincidences happening on this thread and I finally have to say something. I went to the word generator, much earlier today, and asked the Universe, "What on Earth is really going on these days?".

The first word I got was, Revelation. The second word -- Remembering. Third word -- Event. Then, the last word -- Paradise.
I really didn't want to go further after that. It was pretty weird and the timing was just strange.

Whoever first recommended the website, thank you. It's very interesting.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Lannister
Just out of curiousity, but how credible is the theory that if a big enough earthquake hit CA that it could literally break away from the US? Again, just curious.

No.

From everything I've read California would be hurting bad with the Western half of the State moving North bumping and grinding the Eastern half of the State along the way of the San Andreas fault me thinks.

Could be dated info though. I haven't lived there in over 23 years.

Like he said . . while we won't fall off -- it would be messy.

This thread is of interest to a guy in SF. Not putting any additional credence into this "prediction", which hasn't really been issued yet -- just seems to be impending.

With that said, it doesn't sound like this guy is talking about a major SF quake -- something of an offshore event. However, our little peninsula would be in a world of hurt with a massive wave coming in. I have often thought that I would fear a tsunami more than an eq.

We live with eq threats all the time here -- especially when Berkley acts up. Tsunamis are much less talked about -- and prepared for. Remember -- you cannot just get on a highway and go East -- you gotta cross bridges. Those are gridlocked daily -- without any disasters. . . .

My basic principle is to always be prepared -- know your exits, and your quickest way to get off the peninsula with little warning. Not perfect solution -- but all you can do.
edit on 7-8-2012 by SFWatcher because: wording change -- bad grammar

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fasteronfire

You're right I saw the screenshots people posted of his FB page. I'm not going to go to the guys FB page. I only use FB to communicate with the Son in Md and my Daughter at University in Ga.

So, I'll claim blissful ignorance and hope to hell the guy is still wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I have friends in Melbourne and I certainly hope that in the event of a disaster in Sidney, that the survivors rush to the aid of Melbourne.

Couldn't resist. Sorry.

Best to all. Stay safe.

We need a new world city anyway. Melbourne is perfect. Melbourne will not get touched by a wave either

Ahh but if that were only true..

Well Melbourne is shielded by a natural anti-Tsunami barrier "Port Phillip bay" and to a lesser extent "Western Port Bay".

Assuming the Tsunami is generated in the Bass Strait, Melbourne is very well protected from a Southward approaching Tsunami, which would be broken up quite well.

However, a Powerful, fast Tsunami hitting the East Coast, colliding with the great Divide, woukld send a Jet of even faster water along the devide and into the flat, open areas of gippsland.

Orbost, Bairnsdale, Mallacoota, Sale, Morwell, would all be wiped away and Melbourne would be hit from behind..lol

edit on 8/7/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by imalitehaus

There are a lot of coincidences happening on this thread and I finally have to say something. I went to the word generator, much earlier today, and asked the Universe, "What on Earth is really going on these days?".

The first word I got was, Revelation. The second word -- Remembering. Third word -- Event. Then, the last word -- Paradise.
I really didn't want to go further after that. It was pretty weird and the timing was just strange.

Thats what Im saying too... Creepy stuff

When I went on to that website it generated last, religion, clone and other words that spoke my views on religion. It was wild!!! Lol

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What I find strangely curious are the following two sites are not working from my Philippine IP address. In order to view the HAARP site and the GOES NOAA (weather site for here), it will not work, and it did before.

It seems to me that the person(s) running the HAARP site, and the GOES site have restricted traffic from the Philippines (and maybe outside of the USA.) When I get on my USA proxy IP, both sites load fine.

I find it very strange that the NOAA GOES website is down (used to see weather radar around the world, real time.)

Also HAARP cannot be viewed from here, the supposed 'weather modification' technology.

Why would both sites be blocked to the Philippines (and maybe other countries)? Anyone else please verify:

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

www.goes.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Even if it were true, and someone was manipulating nature in this way. They cannot create something greater than the faultlines themselves can generate.

In other words, You can't just make an Eq, you can trigger it "maybe", but you can't pull it out of thin air.

If somone were able to do this and MAX out AU faultines to trigger the largest EQ possible, the largest possible would be concurrent with the full capability of the fautline its self.

East AU faults could trigger maybe a 6.6 at best. They can maximise damage by reducing the depth to around 3 - 5km, but you can not make a quake around 9.5 as was predicted. Not possible in any way.

That's if you believe someone has discovered how to control mother nature, which I highly doubt.

Although I will add this too.. If someone has the ability to manipulate things like this, and wanted to generate something really massive, that would affect cities and maybe generate a large tsunami that would cross the pacific to CA.

If it were me, I would not rely of second rate fault lines to do the job. I'd force the Volcanoes close to the coast to go off instead. NSW has around two potential time bombs along the NSW, central-south coastal regions.

edit on 8/7/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by imalitehaus

Could you post a link to this? I wouldn't mind playing around with it some.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Beware of self fulfilling prophecy here. Any mental imagery of catastrophe this specific can contribute to it in reality. The people on this forum probably have a negligible effect but you are adding to the will of this psychic who wants the event to occur.

The growth of ideas and their physical bodies that exist as particles interacting with with environment on quantum level will be an emerging science in coming decades. Possible relation to dark matter/energy.

Truth is, Earth and surrounding space is extraordinarily stable. Focus on that, not the occasional geologic burp.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by misfitofscience

That is the wrong Mitchell. Many, many people in this thread have linked to the correct FB page for the correct Mitchell. The one you linked is a supposed psychic, wrong guy.

But to me he looks like the same guy only older.
There was one link someone had on also that showed this guy and was talking about these predictions.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wewillrise77
OK, I have just taken this photo of his profile on My theatre PC.....

Sorry if it's a bit blurry but if you would look at the address bar, you'll see.. Better than a screen grab?????
edit on 7-8-2012 by Wewillrise77 because: Terrible spelling!!!

Now, where are my critics?????
edit on 7-8-2012 by Wewillrise77 because: To gloat!!!!

Is there a picture of him?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
reply to post by tamaransd

So on dec 7 he should post countdown for dec 12 because 104 hours is 4.4 days.

I don't think this guy has said anything about December or the mayan thing at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
reply to post by johnathanr

So what is 6 days plus 104 hours from this prediction date? Please, please do not make me do the math. My head Will explode!

You cannot figure it out until he says the countdown has started...so there is NO prediction date. When he says it is time to count, count 1o4 hours from that day.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

I have actually had 2 dreams in the last 3 days as well. I never usually remember them and have learned to control the ones that I have had, as in conscious before I sleep knowing I am in control, always get the bad guy and chick etc.; however I usually never even have negative dreams...

I understand how negative events can affect this, but last week I felt I had one the lottery with many many positive events happening in my life all at once and went to sleep happy.

I also do not usually remember them vividly, but I do remember these like it literally just happened.

The first, I was in the backseat of a rental car with my son and my parents were driving. We had been going through city traffic and I remember us racing to get away from something and seeing water in the rearview. Car accidents happening all around and just barely missing them. I remember seeing specifically 2, and I was so amped with adrenaline in my dream I woke up out of it consciously, knowing I had to get away.

The second, I was out in a very large vegetable garden and was moving toward the bottom of a hill and I could see flood waters rising with snakes and alligators etc....many other dead land animals everywhere as well. I was trying to move uphill as fast as I could and started to drown.

I never saw this post before now, did not see anything like this on tv, and I have had an overall happy set of days. For what its worth, the brain does react to things and predict things imo. I sincerely hope this does not happen, but for Switzerland to have tornados and water spouts, while the western US has been on fire, and with the various other weather circumstances, in quoting Bob Dylan "The times they are a changin'".

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I seen an identical post from July 14th last month on GLP making the exact same prediction...
Been more than a 104 hours.

edit on 7-8-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join