It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Sydney and California Tsunamis coming???

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Pin colony real executing correlate.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by tracehd1

What do you see when you follow this link:

Mitchell Coombes

Should be able to see the same page that I posted here earlier......

Well if you subscribe to that, what I get is I see nothing much for now or for August, but going back to 2011, I see his older 104 hour prediction. However before that, on March 1st, I see him say "goodbye Japan, goodbye California!" which would prove he can be wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sweet.

I needed another soon-to-be-failed prediction to keep me occupied! ATS never disappoints!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chibbols
They won't be as strong as he says.... the one in Australia will be some sort of rebound or backslash from the main one, that will happen near the New Madrid area... a big one is due in that area, and TPTB are waiting for the right time to boost its power by man made means, just like they did with Fukushima.

You guys will probably feel a quake, and suddenly a large shockwave, like a BOOM. It will feel like a sudden vertical motion rather than horizontal swinging/rattling.
Expect some volcanoes to show some activity, even at the Atlantic side...

Keep an eye on MCEs and the ocean tides, and their conjunction. That will help you get an idea of when there is a bigger chance of earthquakes and where they will take place. Guide yourself with a map of fault lines and tectonic plates to pinpoint the right areas.
=on&date=20120807

In either case, do not be afraid of what may or may not happen... knowing what to do in case it hits is all you need to worry about. Even if nothing happens, it is important to spread the word about what to do and what to have always ready in an emergency backpack.

Well where we live if we don't have days notice we are done for. The roads out are up/down the coast and inland along a river which would be as flooded as the coast and the bridge would be gone. If we already feel a quake it is probably to late to pass the bridge and it would be backed up by vehicles anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostangel818
If this does happen and i hope not! Will i be safe in the san fernando valley? ):
I am so scared .

here is the maps for Ca that they believe would flood in a tsunami, just click your county.

www.conservation.ca.gov...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
81 flags as of this post, wow just wow, I as well was one of the people who feel taken for a ride, bye young mitchell, see this young man came here talked all sorts of stuff then just disappears. Now I am one to take everything with a grain of salt so I heed the possibility of there being something to happen. But to once again follow a charleton and throw flags and stars at predictions seems foolish even for the ATS crowd. But yet I digress cause 81 flags and numerous stars later, seems we have the pack on board again. Mr Coombs I applaud your ability to cause a stir..... LoL

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Try for yourself.

Mine said "Geology". I've been thinking about big earthquakes for the last few days - I hope this guy is not right about this one, but after his last prediction - we'll have to see.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have been lurking on Coombes fb since the Japan quake and saw on his page where he accurately predicted what was to come for the Japanese on the 11th.

Just took a glance at his page again and still no 104 hr warning. He says days?? I am about to read the comments though....

He is a poker player, a young man, believes in God, and also believes whole heartedly in Haarp.

Do I believe he holds some inside info? Maybe he does but Im still not ready to jump on his band wagon without knowing theres a seat available.

It appears there havs been an uptick in activity regarding Ca. Earthquakes but this is the norm... To be expected.

I saw people on this thread talking about outside influences. Space weather comes to mind. We are to begin seeing more and more meteor showers and peaking on the 12 and 13th from left over debris from comet tuttle ( if I remember correctly). Not sure this would have anything what so ever to do with the double quake/ tsunami??

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I know the Op mentioned an earthquake but interesting how the mega tsunamis can come from other sources including underwater volcanoes and land slips. Particularly as we have a volcano active in New Zealand at the moment. Maybe I am putting 2 and 2 together and forcing 4.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm betting matey is going to give his 104hr warning sometime in between 15hours 10mins - 16hours 40mins from now.

Or 12:30pm - 2pm August 8th GMT

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
Well this is certainly interesting.
My son (almost 6 years old) was playing on the floor with his toys and had created a disaster scene. This was Saturday morning (8/4).
I asked him what was going on, he told me "A tsunami came and destroyed Daytona Beach."
I laughed for a second, because it sounded so odd coming from a little kid, and being that I had no idea he even knew what Daytona Beach was. But it weirded me out a lot, and I asked him what had made the tsunami and he told me "Australia blew up!" He specified that there was no lava.

I swear I am not joking or lying.
Now, he is a little more morbid then kids his age and he does know what a tsunami is. He is obsessed with natural disasters, particularly earthquakes and storms. He has also drawn me a picture (last year) of the Golden Gate Bridge coming down and has fairly prophetic dreams. He makes me check out books for him at the library of natural disasters. I suppose it is possible he just has these scenarios in his head a lot, but combined with this thread, and our location (Southern California), I must admit I am a little on edge now.

Strange, to say the least.

edit..I asked him again to clarify without leading on, he said actually, there might have been lava. He said there was an explosion.
edit on 7-8-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

I too had a dream, I have mentioned several times on threads because it was so very different and felt so strange.

Only one word was spoken in the whole dream.

I saw a man, his face int eh dark, he was holding a kid, I could only see the legs the rest in the dark, looked like a girl about 10 yrs old.

I thought she was surly to heavy to hold. In his other hand I was unable to see was a big baby boy, he turned and laid the baby in my shopping card without a word.

The baby was very odd, he was very big for a baby and his head way to big for the body and his head was a rectangle, it was flat on all sides and only about 2 in thick, he was a putty color wrinkled and very ugly.

I thought strange that he would trust a stranger like that, but his burdens are so heavy I thought, I am so glad he felt he could trust me.

The man said 77 days and I immediately woke up and went and wrote the date on the calendar. it came if I counted right to August 26-27 depending on if I counted the night of the dream.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

In the last days,' God says, 'I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.

bible.cc...

I personally do not believe in religion, but I have to admit many ancient texts seem to have interesting things in them.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Please don't ridicule me for this post.
Assuming for three seconds he is correct.

I live in the PNW of Washington State, roughly 40 miles inland as a crow flies at an elevation of 243 ft. With the Willapa Hills in which the highest point is 3087 ft, I couldn't find the average elevation but I would say around 900 feet between myself and the ocean. Essentially I live in the valley between the Olympic Mountains and Willapa Hills.

My first question is, his prediction states the resulting tsunamis could reach 70 miles inland. With the hills elevation and what not, is it possible for the tsunami to reach this far (I would expect flooding via the many rivers)?

Number Two, if said tsunami reaches this far does it seem inconceivable that the valley I live in would get filled like a bathtub because it would get trapped between the Olympics and the hills?

Number Three, he states that the quakes will take place in California but myself living so close to the CSZ can't help but wonder what kind of damage three quakes 9.0+ on the Richter scale could cause to my area and surrounding areas. Any thoughts?

Those are the only questions I can think of at the moment.
If this happens step one would definitely be getting the hell out of my 100+ Non-Reinforced Masonry Brick Building.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xarian6
reply to post by bastet11

Blew up??

Im right on that "border" where i might be ok.. it's high enough and the terrain from here to the ocean in any direction would negate most of the force of anything that made it this far.. one would hope (southern tablelands south of Sydney).

but blow up.. man I'm seriously not prepared for that, what type of kit do i pack for that??

I see new Zealand has 2 supervolcanos we in the USA have a whopping 3!!
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare

i'm in melbourne, so... should i buy an umbrella?

I think a boat would be more appropriate, for a tsunami,

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by srsen

Every now and then I have a dream and the dream is always the same...it is the year 2049...and the "big one" happens...it is an 8.8 quake...and most survive. I have been having this same dream for about 7 years now.

Time will tell...as with all things.

How do you get the date in the dream? Do you just know it is 2014? Thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Ah yes, 1984 - the book in which nasty evil scientists tried to convince open minded normal people that giant unicorns were not about invade the town and eat everyone. And were later proved correct

Seriously, if schoolkids told you that a mutant star goat was about to eat the sun, would you wet yourself and run for the 'B' Ark? Only there are still spaces available ........
edit on 7-8-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gz007
IF it happens I feel for the folks when they hear about the evac notice because if you are in the LA basin
its 70 just to the other side of Riverside county from the beaches. You wont make it

edit on 7-8-2012 by gz007 because: (no reason given)

One could make it if they live in the San Gabriel Valley. Just take the 210 West to the 2 North/Angeles Crest Highway and head up past Mt. Wilson. That should certainly be high enough and this highway ultimately leads to the other side of the Mountain range to the 138 and Wrightwood as long as you don't take the turn to Palmdale which leads you to the 14 North.

Mt. Wilson is just right behind my house and the 2 freeway is only minutes away and flows behind and above NASA/JPL. Although the 2 (Angeles Crest Highway) is only a small two lane road, it's still a possibility and better than staying on lower freeways like to the 10, 60 or 90. I know that mountain range very very well. It's a hikers paradise!

But I agree, trying to go east would be absolutely horrible though!

AA Roads/210 West & Connections
Angeles Crest Highway
Angeles Crest
edit on 8/7/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Not chiming in on either side, just thought I'd chime in about Tsunamis...

Originally posted by Ironclad
Any 1000ft or higher Tsunami crossing an ocean, will only be a few meters high when it reaches the other side.

Out in the deep ocean, you won't have a 1,000 ft Tsunami, it may even be imperceptible to anyone who it passes. Also, waves keep an awful lot of their energy travelling through water. Many studies have found waves formed in Alaska keep up to 90% of their energy when they hit Antarctica!.. The wave only gains height when in shallow water and it also slows down...

Originally posted by Ironclad
Dose not mean they will be less dangerous though, in fact quite the opposite. As the Tsunami travels further, it loses height but gains speed.

Not true. In deep water, it can travel across the ocean almost as strong as it when it was generated, the deeper the water, the faster it goes. It loses speed when it hits shallow water and the amplitude increases (wave height). A Tsunami out at sea might only produce a slight swell, going unnoticed. When it gets the shore, that's where the danger lies, made worse by the shape of the coastline which can funnel the wave and increase the amplitude further.

Don't assume for one minute that a tsunami in Cali won't bother Aus, it most certainly will. Ocean waves are very good at retaining energy. There is a potential landslip in the Canaries that could generate a huge wave which poses a danger solely to the US eastern seaboard, potentially causing a wave hundreds of metres high...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
So, this guy has the "ability" to predict earthquakes and tsunamis which could essentially save hundreds or even thousands of lives and all he does is make a post about it on Facebook.com?

Remind me again why he isn't doing everything within his physical capabilities to get people evacuated instead of just making a post?

he does have a website beyondtopsecrets.com...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join