It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another lurker succumbing to the power of ATS...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I believe it is considered good manners to create an introductory post, so here goes.
I have been reading this site for quite a while now, and it seems like I may as well create an account and put in my .02 cents from time to time. In other words, the gravitational force of ATS is too strong for me to remain in orbit any longer!

Topics-wise, I'm pretty much interesting in everything, but I'm sure I'll be especially interested in anything that has to do with current events and political philosophy. I've also done my share of research into UFOs and cryptozoology, and continue to find those subjects fascinating.

Personally, I'm a voracious reader (my username is a reference a character in Phillip Reeve's excellent Mortal Engines series) and I enjoy processing and distributing information. In terms of worldview, I am a committed Christian and a classical liberal along the lines of Jefferson. I do my best to look at things from all perspectives, though, so I may not always debate like one. Hopefully that will not prove confusing! I have a random schedule, so I'm not entirely certain how much, if any, time I'll be able to spend on here, but I hope to be able to contribute something useful from time to time and continue to learn from the intriguing fellows here at ATS!

Seeing no errors, I proceed cautiously to the "post" button...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StalkerSolent

Hello StalkerSolent and Welcome to ATS !

You seem to like topics that are very popular here so I am sure that you will enjoy !

And that was a nice intro too btw...

Have fun !!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thanks! I think I'll enjoy it too.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hey,welcome,liked your introduction
. Glad you succumbed to the forces of ATS!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thanks natalia! I certainly hope my succumbing will turn out to be for the best, but from what I have seen of ATS in the past, I believe it will be!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, StalkerSolent!
I am glad you no longer remained in orbit and decided to finally join! Great introductory post, I am interested to see your future posts! You seem a perfect ATS fit, and I hope you enjoy!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Glad to have you on board and I appreciate you actually telling us about yourself. I'm sure you will be a wonderful addition. Have fun!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Thank you. I will try to do my best to make sure those future posts count! I even have a thread idea or two up my sleeve for the distant future, but I'm not certain how that is going to develop. Guess we'll see!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

That cracked me up. (That and the Joker cat.) Thanks, Domo. I'll do my best

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Welcome to the funny farm, long time lurker new member myself. I will see you around the forums, good luck.

Second line!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Funny farm it is! Thanks inversly; glad to know I'm not the only lurker-turned-inmate--er, participant, or whatever it is I'm part of now

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Welcome StalkerSolent

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the warm welcome, Johnny Anonymous! I was wondering when a mod would show up
I'll certainly keep these links close.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Welcome back Lurkity Lurker McLurkersons

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Fresh meat
watch out for the wolves and foxes. Welcome to the site.

top topics

join