It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: UFO sightings graphed out over the past 4 years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Here's a theory I'm sure has been discussed among the much more intelligent members of ATS, but one that I think bears some thought. I would like to ask if anyone knows where I could find a national average graph of the numbers of UFO sightings over the past four years. The logic behind this is thus: If UFOs are merely creations of our military, or otherwise advanced, yet fully human-made craft, then as the world economy plummets, the sightings should correspondingly recede as there is less money to fund them (even though ~90% of our currency is virtual anyway). However, if the sightings are somehow not of this world, and thus, not tied to our economy, the world monetary situation should have no impact on the number of sightings. Thoughts? Am I completely off my rocker here? I'm open to criticism, as long as it's polite and not attacking. If you can poke holes in my theory, that should inspire me to become a better debater, right?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I may be wrong but I think there will always be an endless supply of money for black ops , and what about private enterprise ( Richard Branson ) and other pioneers in the space business , I'm definitely a believer in ETs , but I think they came exploring long ago and moved on . I'm really on the fence about UFOs since coming to ATS , there was so much good evidence years ago and with all our technology now all we have are fuzzy orbs ? I think everything thats out there now is man made ?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It would be a pointless exercise really. Even if some sightings are real UFO's or military craft as you say, I'd be willing to be 99% of them are blimps, lanterns, helicopters, and whatever else. The other sightings would be buried under thousands of other explainable sightings and wouldn't mean anything. Then again your theory may be right and you may see increases in military areas, would be interesting.
edit on 6-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MoreThanTheSum

Step 1) Go to www.Google.com in the search field type the following: "Graph of UFO sightings per year" (without the quotes)

Step 2) Click on one of the hundreds and hundreds of links, and find the information that you took the time to ask for in a thread, instead of taking 12 seconds to find it for yourself.

I don't mean to be rude, but threads should be reserved for people who already have the information that they want to share, or questions of significance. By significance, I mean a question that can't be answered by Google in 12 seconds.

UFO Hotspots

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MoreThanTheSum

How many recessions have there been in the last four years? You would have to start out with some known knowns before arriving at a conclusion that lower sightings during a recession equals military cuts in spending of an unproven technology. You would have to also remove myriad other factors such as how many sightings are truthful? Could something be causing higher/lower rates of sightings that has nothing to do with unproven alien or military technology? Could something be causing higher/lower rates of delusions? Does money worries and higher rates of depression cause people to see or pretend to have seen UFOs? Any new drugs on the market? What's been on telly lately? Are bigfoot sightings and other unexplained phenomena more prevalent during a recession? etc etc. Unless of course you're just want to arrive at a predestined conclusion.

edit on 6-8-2012 by ModerateMartian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I like the connections you're trying to make however, the same people running the show behind the curtains say when and how devastating a repression is or how valuable, or not, a specific currency is.

So if bad economic time, it's because they caused/manipulated it. I'm sure their resources extend beyond money and any market.

Keep up the search

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

You're not being rude, and I appreciate your response. In rebuttal, I offer the following justification, which may ring hollow, but it's still my reasoning nonetheless: Being on a subprime computer and internet connection, such that it is, loading more than one page at a time is nigh impossible, and even single pages is a chore. My solution to this is to ask the large and active UFO community here at ATS, just in case someone had something like this offhand. Also, to spur discussion on the matter, for while I am a believer in extraterrestrial and paranormal events, I am a relative newcomer to discussing them online, and my theories, more often than not, when put down into text, seem nowhere near as polished and world-shaking as they did in my head
So, with that in mind, I try to bounce ideas off of other like-minded individuals, possibly critical skeptical ones, to therefore widen my own knowledge of the subject.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

MUFON reports are way up so it looks like the shadow government is getting funding for their black ops from a secondary source.

edit on 6-8-2012 by freelance_zenarchist because: posted a link to the site that shall not be linked to

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoreThanTheSum
Here's a theory I'm sure has been discussed among the much more intelligent members of ATS, but one that I think bears some thought. I would like to ask if anyone knows where I could find a national average graph of the numbers of UFO sightings over the past four years. The logic behind this is thus: If UFOs are merely creations of our military, or otherwise advanced, yet fully human-made craft, then as the world economy plummets, the sightings should correspondingly recede as there is less money to fund them (even though ~90% of our currency is virtual anyway). However, if the sightings are somehow not of this world, and thus, not tied to our economy, the world monetary situation should have no impact on the number of sightings. Thoughts? Am I completely off my rocker here? I'm open to criticism, as long as it's polite and not attacking. If you can poke holes in my theory, that should inspire me to become a better debater, right?

So, this is a thread about the economy? lol

Even if you had a graph of where the UFOs are sighted most frequently, the one variable involved would be people not reporting their sighting. I don't think you're going to determine the fake economy based upon UFO sightings

top topics

join