It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Can you feel it?"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is a rant about a certain kind of topic that I see every now and then on ATS and other boards that shall remain nameless. Titles are similar to that of this thread (minus the quotation marks, which denote snarky irony). Examples:

"Can you feel it?"
"There has been a shift."
"It won't be long now."
"The change we have been waiting for is almost here."
"Have you woken up too?"

...and other variants too numerous to mention. The common denominator is a vaguely described "change in the vibes" that has either just happened or is about to happen.

What gets me is the responses. "Yeah bro, I can feel it too." These threads will frequently end up bristling with stars and flags, frequently racking up double-digit page counts.

They are, as far as I am concerned, monuments to the endless human idiocy on the net. How people can respond to these is beyond me.

That's my rant.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Good rant, and as true as it gets.

Perhaps I could feel it ,if I actually felt anything anymore.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I feel your rant Bro....

Des

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Thats right, there are still a few people who aren't feeling whatever 'it' is. Funny thing, I'm starting to hear people I would never have even considered interested in such things talking about feeling the same thing now. Just in more confused terms than folks here.

Interesting rant for ATS... lol.. but Heck, S/F for the stand.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm half with you. While in my personal opinion...yeah, those are as crazy as it gets type threads.. but I also respect anyone's right to spew crazy stuff. It doesn't matter how crazy it actually is, everybody deserves to feel 'not so alone in thinking' sometimes.
edit on 6-8-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Very good rant! I have to admit a time or two I have answered some of those kinds of threads....because actually I did feel it...for whatever reason.

What has really been bothering me lately is threads created that have only one or two sentences; do not provide links; and then a lot of people reply to them in a one or two word answer. It is really annoying...and seems to be a growing trend on ATS of late.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Goes to show how many people are just full of crap. Bunch of BS'ers trying to pull the wool over each others eyes.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It takes about 3 lines into it to recognize this type of thread. Cryptic explanations, signals, vibrations, visions...ok.

I just hit the back button and then I feel it...fresh air.

Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I agree with your rant.

And every time I read a thread title with "Can you feel it?" My normal 35 year old female brain switches to 16 year old mid-puberty male brain and the one-liners that follow it up are too numerous to post and too against ATS T&C to post as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Obama's started it, with his "Change we can believe in."

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's all perspective; if an individual "feels" a shift, then that is completely legitimate for their perspective. You don't know or have the capacity to judge their belief about them feeling strong changes in their environment. Since we're a collective consciousness, there will be events ranging from low-high based on novelty to how we all interpret change.

Matter cannot be created nor destroyed, it changes state. Therefore, I can feel the changes for eternity bro.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I very much agree with the above post and I can't put into words what I've felt for over 3 years now. Nor can others I know in my life. Some I know have no idea what I mean and so I drop it because describing it without a frame of reference is awfully difficult even when the other side truly wants to understand.

It's worth noting though that more than 1 ATS member were skeptics about the noises in the sky too. Skeptics is putting it kindly. ...until they heard it themselves. Converts would be the proper term afterward. No names mentioned or needed. The threads are still there and within the past year if anyone was curious to look.

For some, this feeling is tangible and almost annoying, I think I'd say. In fact, at times, it isn't almost anything. lol... I'll bet more than a few on here can relate on that too.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I agree. And I feel the same way about threads along the lines of "Has ____ happened to you more recently?" or "Have you been more _______ since yesterday?" and like you said there'll be a line of posts saying "yeah, I have been doing that more lately" or "yeah, that has happened to me today".

And anyone who says "No" is ignored and swept under the rug.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I agree with your rant.

And every time I read a thread title with "Can you feel it?" My normal 35 year old female brain switches to 16 year old mid-puberty male brain and the one-liners that follow it up are too numerous to post and too against ATS T&C to post as well.

I am trying to grasp what you are sayin here, truly I am but, I'm not following you.

as for the OP, your rant is a cliche' and a well used one at that

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

I agree with your rant.

I am trying to grasp what you are sayin here, truly I am but, I'm not following you.

Reb! Come on. are ya baiting those of us with a less than politically correct sense of humor into providing a example and then get the ban hammer dropped upon our poor not-so-innocent noggins?

I'll take the risk in providing a example. And i hope that in doing so do not break the T&C.

"Can ya feel it?"

"Only when the urge strikes me."

edit on 6-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I agree with your rant.

Reb! Come on. are ya baiting those of us with a less than politically correct sense of humor into providing a example and then get the ban hammer dropped upon our poor not-so-innocent noggins?

I'll take the risk in providing a example. And i hope that in doing so do not break the T&C.

"Can ya feel it?"

That's heading in the right direction there TDawg...
I'm not even touching an example. My wee wrist is still sore from the last time it got slapped.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The only people who can say that today feels different than yesterday, are the ones who are still alive and learning something new on a daily basis.... oh wait.... thats EVERYONE.

Yeah I feel something too. Its called life.

My parents felt it, their parents felt it, their parents felt it, etc, back to the dawn of time. The world is constantly changing, of course you can feel it.

And obviously the world (as we know it) is ending, it ends every day. Everytime a person changes in any little detail, whether they noticed it consciously or not (google the brain, start reading), their world also changes. And so does mine. And so does his, and so does hers and so does yours. Multiply that by (at this exact posting) 6,973,738,433 people - thats a hell of a lot of daily changes isn't it.

Its not new, its not unique, its not special.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I agree with your rant.

"Can ya feel it?"

That's heading in the right direction there TDawg...
I'm not even touching an example. My wee wrist is still sore from the last time it got slapped.

Wait a second...he wrote "Grasp"

I think he gets it and that it is we who may be slow on the uptake.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join