It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Proof: Gods - Holy Books - Unfair

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Jesus was sent ONLY to the Children of Israel, and he tasked his disciples to preach only to the Children of Israel.

Paul was not Jesus' original disciple, he not only overturned the teachings of Jesus but also overturned his command to his disciples to preach only to the Children of Israel.

Paul is cursed by the tongue of Jesus for contaminating his gospel and misleading his flocks.

Then lifting up his hands to the Lord, he prayed, saying: 'Lord our God, God of Abraham, God of Ishmael ;and Isaac, God of our fathers, have mercy upon them that you have given me, and save them from the world. I say not, take them from the world, because it is necessary that they shall bear witness against them that shall corrupt my gospel;. But I pray you to keep them from evil, that on the day of your judgment they may come with me to bear witness against the world and against the House of Israel that has corrupted your testament.

Lord God, mighty and jealous, that take vengeance upon idolatry against the sons of idolatrous fathers even to the fourth generation, do you curse eternally every one that shall corrupt my gospel that you gave me, when they write that I am your son.For I, clay and dust, am servant of your servants, and never have I thought myself to be your good servant; for I cannot give you aught in return for that which you have given me, for all things are yours.

Lord God, the merciful, that shows mercy to a thousand generations upon them that fear you, have mercy upon them which believe my words that you have given me. For even as you are true God, so your word which I have spoken is true; for it is yours, seeing I have ever spoken as one that reads, who cannot read save that which is written in the book that he reads: even so have I spoken that which you have given me.

'Lord God the Saviour, save them whom you have given me, in order that Satan may not be able to do aught against them, and save not only them, but every one that shall believe in them.Lord, bountiful and rich in mercy, grant to your servant to be in the congregation of your Messenger; on the Day of Judgment: and not me only, but every one whom you have given me, with all them that shall believe on me through their preaching. And this do, Lord, for your own sake, that Satan boast not himself against you, Lord.

'Lord God, who by your providence provides all things necessary for your people Israel, be mindful of all the tribes of the earth, which you have promised to bless by your Messenger, for whom you did create the world. Have mercy on the world and send speedily your Messenger, that Satan your enemy may lose his empire.' And having said this, Jesus said three times: 'So be it, Lord, great and merciful!' And they answered, weeping: 'So be it," all save Judas, for he believed nothing.

Who is this Messenger that Jesus prayed to be in his congregation and also his true followers?

Muhammad is his blessed name!

3:52 But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We will be Allah's helpers. We believe in Allah, and bear thou witness that we have surrendered (unto Him). (are Muslims)

Jesus prayed to God to make his followers in the congregation of the Messenger of God, and his prayers are answered, more and more Christians are converting to Islam which makes Islam the largest and fastest growing religion in the World, with 2.1 Billion believers in One God. ALLAHUAKBAR!

9:33 He it is who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all Religion, however much the idolaters may be averse. -

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Yahweh didn't send any words to Muhammad, that was the other guy. The line of the prophets ended with John the Baptist.

If the line of Prophets ended with John the Baptist, then was Jesus lying when he told his disciples to look forward to the coming of the Spirit of Truth?

13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Jesus said "He" and he is clearly talking about a man not a spirit who will come or he would have said " It". It will guide you.. not He will guide you!

Are you making Jesus a liar? and Moses too, because he spoke of a Prophet like Him, who will speak only what he hears..from the brothers of the Israelites?

18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

The Prophet Muhammad spoke only " In the Name of God" all 114 Chapters of the Holy Qur'an begins with those words..

The illiterate prophet that the Jews and Christian Arabs were expecting to come after Jesus.. who is it?.. It cannot be Jesus because he is a learned prophet as opposed to the unlearned prophet in Isaiah..

For you this whole vision is nothing but words sealed in a scroll. And if you give the scroll to someone who can read, and say to him, "Read this, please," he will answer, "I can't; it is sealed." Isaiah 29:11 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray you: and he said, I am not learned. Isaiah 29:12

The Prophet Muhammad was ordered by the Angel Gabriel to read, but the Prophet Muhammad said, "I can't read.

In the second half of Ramadan, Allah began to reveal His message for mankind through Muhammad (pbuh). This first Revelation occurred as follows. The Archangel Gabriel came to Muhammad (pbuh) in the cave and commanded him to 'Read'. Muhammad (pbuh) replied 'I cannot read.' At this the Archangel took Muhammad (pbuh) in his arms and pressed him to him until it was almost too much to bear. He then released him and said again 'Read.' 'I cannot', replied Muhammad (pbuh), at which the Archangel embraced him again. For the third time the Archangel commanded Muhammad (pbuh) to read, but still he said he could not and was again embraced. On releasing him this time, however, the Archangel Gabriel said:

“Read: In the Name of thy Lord who createth, Createth man from a clot. Read: And thy Lord is the Most Generous Who teacheth by the pen, Teacheth man that which he knew not. Holy Qur'an 96:1-5

7:157 Those who follow the messenger, the prophet who can neither read nor write, whom they will find described in the Torah and the Gospel (which are) with them. He will enjoin on them that which is right and forbid them that which is wrong. He will make lawful for them all good things and prohibit for them only the foul; and he will relieve them of their burden and the fetters that they used to wear. Then those who believe in him, and honor him and help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

The Spirit of Truth is the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit and the Father are always referred to as "He/Him" not "It".

edit on 7-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

The Spirit of Truth is the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit and the Father are always referred to as "He/Him" not "It".

Well Darn, somebody should have told Jesus then, because he ran around calling him "Abba", translated to "Daddy".

So, appears a false assumption on your part.

It also appears Jesus deliberately didn't want to use the term god.

edit on 7-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Now with Daddy in vogue, that means those that did some breeding and DNA experiments.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Well Darn, somebody should have told Jesus then, because he ran around calling him Abba, translated to Daddy.

So, appears a false assumption.

Yeah and? The Father was His Abba. And Christ addressed Him as Abba, when He referred to Him it was in the personal pronoun.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
AutoW,

I don't know that this Creator god theme is only the Sumerian theme. That is only the pale skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes component for human theme.

The Annunaki were here much before that time, and this is the Africa and the Black Headed ones. Relates back to Mitochondrial Eve sort of issues. And they were just as intelligent way back then.

Friend, I myself am related to the "Black Headed Race. My Great Great Grandmother Estella was Egyptian by birth, and a Romany Gypsy by blood. She married a Native America man and they had 12 children. My hair is a very dark brown color at 58 years, and I only have white hair in my beard. My skin is dark, and I never Sun burn.
The tales of the Annunaki speak of Sumeria, and how they grieved with the poisonous cloud of radiation killed most of the inhabitants.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Who is this Messenger that Jesus prayed to be in his congregation and also his true followers?

Muhammad is his blessed name!

What about the much more recent Baha'ul'llah? Arent the Baha'i faithful an offshoot of Islam, saying that he was another of the great prophets??

Do you ever think that maybe they, all the prophets you mentioned, are the same spirit reincarnated?

And, do you think Muhammed was only speaking to the tribes of Israel, too?

Why should people whose ancestry come from distant lands with their own "prophets" and "God stories" switch to Islam? Neither of them (Christianity nor Islam) were really addressing me. Perhaps that's an ancestral memory, or a cosmic awareness, or whatever....

but I am more drawn to the ancient English and Nordic traditions, and the Native American (though I don't have any Native American "blood" that i know of)...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

There will be no more prophets after the Prophet Muhammad, according to the Torah, Gospel and Qur'an.

The Prophet Muhammad is the prophet sent to all mankind, unlike all the other prophets before him who were only sent to the Children of Israel, he was sent to bring all mankind back to the Original faith of our forefather Abraham, and the prophets before him.

As to your other question..the light of Prophecy came from only one source, and all the prophets derive their prophecy from that source, and this first light is the Prophet Muhammad, although he was the last to be sent. All the other prophets before him prophesied through this light. The work is long but the life of man is short, the vessel may change but the light is still the same. That is why the Messengers or Prophets' duty aside from making people believe in the One God is to announce the identity of the Messnger who will come after him, so that the people will look for him and wait for him, and when he comes, to follow him.

We are now the nation of Muhammad, at the time of death, the two angels in charge of each of us will ask, who is your Messenger?, one must answer Muhammad.. although we believe in Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and all the prophets before him, we are not anymore in their timeline, we are in the time of the Prophet Muhammad, and he is the Messenger who will bear witness for us or against us.

4:41 But how will it be with them when we bring of every people (Nation) a witness, and We bring thee O Muhammad a witness against these?

16:89 And (bethink you of) the day when We raise in every nation a witness against them of their own folk, and We bring thee (Muhammad) as a witness against these. And We reveal the Scripture unto thee as an exposition of all things, and a guidance and a mercy and good tidings for those who have surrendered to Allah. (Muslims)

God said that Abraham is not a Jew nor a Christian, but he is one who surrender his will to God (a Muslim).

22:78And strive for Allah with the endeavor which is His right. He hath chosen you and hath not laid upon you in religion any hardship; the faith of your father Abraham is yours. He hath named you Muslims of old time and in this Scripture, that the messenger may be a witness against you, and that ye may be witnesses against mankind. So establish worship, pay the poor due, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protecting Friend. A blessed Patron and a blessed Helper!

*** As for the Bahai Faith... claiming to be an offshoot of Islam, since they believe in the same God, Allah and believe in the Prophet Muhammad.. but founding a new religion and claiming to be a new prophet is a lie against Islam... The Prophethood was completed in the sending of the Prophet Muhammad.

33:40 Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah is Aware of all things.

edit on 8-8-2012 by queenofangels_17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by queenofangels_17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

edit on 7-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

So how did the Holy Spirit talk to the disciples? How did it guide them? How did it bring to memory the teachings of Jesus to them? How did it convict the people of its sins?..

If the Spirit of Truth that Jesus is speaking of is the Holy Spirit Gabriel, why were his words in future tense and why did he refer to him as another Paraclete/Advocate, like him? It's because he was talking of the Prophet who will come after him.. not the Holy Spirit!

The Holy Spirit , Gabriel only talks to the Prophets of God and he cannot be seen by other mortal men. He brought down the Revelation of God to Prophet Muhammad in the form of recitation which the Prophet Muhammad in turn recited to mankind. He was the Spirit of Truth who spoke the words of God to men.. NOT the Holy Spirit, Gabriel.

16:102 Say: The Holy Spirit hath revealed it from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe, and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allah).

2:97 Say (O Muhammad, to mankind): Who is an enemy to Gabriel! For he it is who hath revealed (this Scripture) to thy heart by Allah's leave, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, and a guidance and glad tidings to believers;

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StringTh
The sad truth is that not even today, more than 2000/1400 years later these words reached everyone. We have still starving children dying at the age of 2/3/4/5 because of mal-nutrition. They will never read Gods messages. I cannot believe this.

The point is that all these Gods from all these holy books talk of God as the wisest and fairest of them all and yet he decided to enter the scene in the most unfair and unwise way.

God sent his son Jesus to the world to also teach the HUGE importance of caring for the 'least of our brethren' - the poorest, and it included animals. To love our neighbor as we love ourself, to sell all our possession and give all the proceeds to the poor, to give even our own lives to defend the truth and for our brothers and sisters.

God did not teach us to do all you want and relax and he'll do the rest.... Would make God a bad parent don't you think?

The problem is not God, the problem is only a few is willing to take the literal context of the radical teachings of Jesus.

If everyone who calls themselves Christian would really love God with all their hearts, minds, souls, and strength, there would be no poor, malnourished child in any part of the globe.

Because God's compassion is upon the poor. You gave them clothing, you clothed God, you give them something to drink and eat, you fed God.

I've been all over over the world, almost literally, been to maaannyy Christian homes, oh boy are they so well fed!!! If they just stop loving all the good things in this world finally love God more than anything...

God did everything, God, sent his Son to die for us to help a dying world and not become spoiled brats ourselves. Is there anything you would ask of God, or is it time you did something for God??

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

How? People are spirit beings with spiritual eyes and ears. The Holy Spirit "speaks" to us in the same manner that the enemy does. When a person is born again of the Spirit He takes up residence inside the believer. The Spirit's communication is a spiritual one, not fleshly. No, Gabriel isn't the Holy Spirit. Gabriel is a ministering angel, not divinity.

edit on 8-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

How? People are spirit beings with spiritual eyes and ears. The Holy Spirit "speaks" to us in the same manner that the enemy does. When a person is born again of the Spirit He takes up residence inside the believer. The Spirit's communication is a spiritual one, not fleshly. No, Gabriel isn't the Holy Spirit. Gabriel is a ministering angel, not divinity.

edit on 8-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

The Angel Gabriel is the angel tasked with delivering revelations to God's prophets. When the word Holy Spirit is mentioned in Scriptures it refers to none other than the angel Gabriel (peace be upon him).

He was the one who delivered the Holy Qur'an to the Prophet Muhammad.

2:97 Say (O Muhammad, to mankind): Who is an enemy to Gabriel! For he it is who bath revealed (this Scripture) to thy heart by Allah's leave, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, and a guidance and glad tidings to believers;

16:102 Say: The Holy Spirit hath revealed it from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe, and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allah).

The Angel Gabriel and Holy Spirit is used interchangably.

He was the one who brought the Gospel to Jesus while he was praying at the Mount of Olives, like it was a clear mirror straight into the heart of Jesus.

He was the one who talked to Abraham and all the Prophets to announce God's commands.

He was the one who delivered the good tidings to Mary of the birth of Jesus.

19:17 And had chosen seclusion from them. Then We sent unto her Our spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man.

19:19 He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

At all these instances, the Holy Spirit, Gabriel manifests himself to the Prophets in the form of a perfect man. In these instance not as a voice inside our head who inspires us what is wrong and what is right for our soul; but a tangible being, who takes the form of a man so he may talk to man.

6:9 Had We appointed an angel (Our messenger), We assuredly had made him (as) a man that he might speak to men; and (thus) obscured for them the truth they (now) obscure.

You are correct, we are indeed spirits, and in each and everyone God can command the spirit within us, through divine inspiration to remind mankind of their duty to Him. But for the sake of Truth, we are talking about the words of Jesus announcing the coming of the Prophet Muhammad, whom he called the Spirit of Truth, who will speak to mankind about Jesus and his true teachings, who will guide them to all Truth.

16:2 He sendeth down the angels with the spirit of His command unto whom He will of His bondmen, (saying): warn mankind that there is no god save Me, so keep your duty unto Me.

You are correct in one point, the Angel Gabriel is not Divinity, there is only ONE DIVINE, and it is GOD Almighty. God did not command us to worship angels or saints, but to Worship Him only.

34:40 And on the day when He will gather them all together, He will say Unto the angels: Did these worship you?

34:41 They will say: Be Thou glorified. Thou art our Protector from them! Nay, but they worshipped the jinn; most of them were believers in them.

The only way to be born again is for your all your sins to be forgiven by God. The True born again people are the Muslims, because God forgave all the sins they have committed prior to becoming Muslim.

The Prophet (may the peace and blessings and mercy of Allah be upon him) said, Islam annuls what came before it. A man who enters Islam starts a new life, he is born again in the spirit!

3:31 Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Thank you for taking the time and effort to explain these things! I really appreciate it, and you have answered my questions very clearly. I understand better now.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

As to your other question..the light of Prophecy came from only one source, and all the prophets derive their prophecy from that source, and this first light is the Prophet Muhammad, although he was the last to be sent. All the other prophets before him prophesied through this light. The work is long but the life of man is short, the vessel may change but the light is still the same.

Agreed. Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, and countless others of different cultures, times, places....all inspired by the same light, the work is very long, just as is learning how to be the best possible human...

"the vessel may change, but the light is still the same".. = Reincarnation, in my vocabulary...

Who said Muhammad was the last, final messenger? Are you saying that God can't decide some more work needs to be done, and send another? Is God on a strict quota? Why would God do that?

*** As for the Bahai Faith... claiming to be an offshoot of Islam, since they believe in the same God, Allah and believe in the Prophet Muhammad.. but founding a new religion and claiming to be a new prophet is a lie against Islam... The Prophethood was completed in the sending of the Prophet Muhammad.

33:40 Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah is Aware of all things.

Founding a new religion is a lie? This very thing, in the Christian culture, is a commonplace occurrence, and there are scads of people who have done, and continue to do, just that. They all call themselves "Christians", and some denounce other denominations as "not Christian", which certainly consider themselves to be Christians. Your explanation tells me that the same problem has happened in Islam, and the actions of those "other Muslim offshoots" are clear to the entire world.

There is just as much divisiveness among the Muslims as there is among the Christians, the Jews, etc. So after multiple thousands of years, these Abrahamic followers STILL can't sort it out amongst themselves, STILL slaughter each other, decry each other, deny and condemn and denounce the others as liars....

and things just keep replaying like that over and over and over.

Seems to me that a "just and earnest God", who really wants all of his children to get along and see what's real and good and "holy", is kinda dropping the ball. The status quo of "salvation" in the Abrahamic religions doesn't work. Time to change the program to something that WILL work, and any omnipotent God who can orchestrate things at will, immediately, would see to it that it gets done, no matter how many "middle-men" he has to send to straighten it out.

On the other hand, if "God", the source of everything within the universe, has no timeframe, and developed the universe with its perfect balance and its spectacular stars, supernovae, gravity, extreme heat, chemical reactions, explosions that emit energy and elements into the vastness of space, which then arrive at a hospitable location and become more complex (like people, plants, etc), that "God" might have known that it would take billions of years. The "recipe" concocted, mixed, heated, cooked, cooled, drizzled, folded, layered, chilled, then set ablaze once again seems incredibly complicated to us, but who's to say "God" didn't know it would take for freaking "ever" in our tiny life-cycle awareness, and still the meal is not prepared.....

the process is still underway. One cannot turn up the oven to speed the baking of the meal lest it burns; no, one must wait the required length of time, at the temperature determined (whether it starts hot, then turns cooler, or vice versa, ). If it takes first cooking, then chopping, then cooling, marinating, letting rest for a while, then spicing, adding sauce, and waiting another while for the flavors to blend and the consistency to reach optimum quality, then reheating, then THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES. 5 Billion years? Meh. I've got forever.

And, if at the end, it still tastes wrong or bland, I can add salt, or thickener, or water, or whatever. No hurry.

BUT, if the recipe turns out a poor meal, an inedible mess, AND one can dissemble, rearrange, and "Fix" what's wrong (which God could do, in theory), then...WHY IS GOD WAITING? The meal is for now inedible. Time to tweak the recipe. and start again... Either that, or it's a slower process than we like, but it is what it is.

Just my thoughts, for today at least.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

wildtimes,

I read you.

The recipe will be perfected, I assure you, and delivered on time. You may not see it yet, but soon you will, everything is unfolding just as God has planned it.

There is no more Prophet after Muhammad, because he is the capstone of prophecy according to God as written in the Revealed Scriptures and the first sign of the Hour... the only one remaining to be manifested is the Guided One, which is called the Mahdi, who is not a Prophet, but a Spirit who is Guided by Allah, whom He will manifest at the right time. It is the Light which was sent down with Muhammad. The same light, different vessel. He will purify the believers and renew the Golden Age of Islam, and then the Trumpet will be blown.

7:157 Those who follow the messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, whom they will find described in the Torah and the Gospel (which are) with them. He will enjoin on them that which is right and forbid them that which is wrong. He will make lawful for them all good things and prohibit for them only the foul; and he will relieve them of their burden and the fetters that they used to wear. then those who believe in him, and honor him and help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful.

24:35 Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. This lamp is kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light, Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories, for Allah is knower of all things.

The Guided One receives Revelation from God directly, unlike the Prophets of God who received revelation through the Trusted Spirit Gabriel. Light upon Light.

The Muslims will be divided into 73 sects before the Day of Resurrection, only One sect will go to Paradise, the other 72 sects will be in Hell for 70 thousand years, and then they will be allowed to enter Paradise, as long as they have born witness that There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger. The idolaters, however will stay in Hell to abide forever.

3:95 Say: Allah speaketh Truth. So follow the Religion of Abraham, the upright. He was not of the idolaters.

9:33 He it is who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all Religion, however much the idolaters may be averse.

Allah's word is the Truth, His Religion will prevail however much the idolaters maybe averse. It is prevailing now, as we speak, with over 2.1 Billion believers all over the world.

58:21Allah hath decreed: Lo! I verily shall conquer, I and My messengers. Lo! Allah is Strong, Almighty. -

61:9 He it is who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it conqueror of all religion however much idolaters may be averse.

110:1 When Allah's succor and the triumph cometh

110:2 And thou seest mankind entering the religion of Allah in troops.

110:3 Then hymn the praises of thy Lord, and seek forgiveness of Him. Lo! He is ever ready to show mercy.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thousand apologies for these late replies. I have been very busy these days. I will try to reply to everyone of you guys and before I do that, I like to take a moment and thank all of you for your contributions to this thread.

Much appreciated.

StringTh

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by StringTh

Dear StringTh,

How bout this, what if he handed someone a ball and told them to come up with their own game and that he would be back later to see how we were doing. He then goes into the woods and watches as we learn to create our own games. Would that be fair, to let us be in charge of our lives and be responsible for our decisions? Why does God have to be so dictatorial? People either want God to dictate their lives to them and prevent all problems or just be a giant Santa Claus and both would deny us our ability to determine who we are for ourselves.

That is not answering my question. The fact is that these books claim to be the words of God. If so, they came to us through books. My question is: Why did god choose this unfair way to communicate with us?

You say we are responsible for our decisions, but this is far from truth. I will give you an example to make my point:

You can be the best driver in the world and drive without a single mistake, but some idiot who decided to drink and drive, drives into you and kills you. Was this really in your hands? Could you have done more than not making any mistakes at all? I think not. I think there is more to life than being just responsible for your own actions.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Are you explaining me the bible? I know all the messages and can understand them. My question is why he chose to send us his words the way he did?

reply to post by Oystermon

When did I say, it's gods fault that a lot of people suffer famine? I said that because of this condition, those starving people will probably never read the message of god, and I think this to be unfair. So agree with you that it is us creating famine and not god. But back to my question: Why through a book?

reply to post by borntowatch

I'm afraid you have not answered my question either. Your reply is a interpretation of what that message is and not why he chose to talk to us through one person, in a country and in only his language?

reply to post by Akragon

And where did you read that message? In a book. So again, why through a book?

reply to post by EnochWasRight

With all due respect, you have missed my point. Please read again my OP.

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Completely off-Toppic

reply to post by Hillarie

It's fair to say, you don't know. I respect that. It just makes sense that we should have a Jesus in every country to receive the message at the same time, so there are no advantages/disadvantages. But we do not have hundreds of Jesus or Mohamed. So my conclusion is: It's purely man made and that's why it has so many flaws. Thanks for your contribution.

reply to post by MagnumOpus

So God creates us all, but just speaks two languages? Are you serious?

edit on 12-8-2012 by StringTh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You make sense. I agree nearly with everything you've said. 'Select Group' was the word I was looking for, thanks for that.

Our only difference is that I believe Jesus, Mohamed... and the rest of them actually lived and some of them, if not all were interesting people, with interesting views for that age.

But I agree with you that it is 100% man made.

Thanks for your contribution.

reply to post by autowrench

You have a great mind, and I fully agree with you. I studied history and I can also assure you that there is not just a huge gap but more a gigantic gap.

Writing History works like this:

Actual information: 10-20%

Assumption: 60%

Own fantasy: Rest of it.

The naked truth is that we do not know anything for certain when it comes to history. Best example is looking at the last 100 years and see what has been written. So many different interpretations for same events.

Thanks for you time.

StringTh

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The Holy Books are not unfair and most certainly God is not. It is mankind who is unfair, because they changed God's words for their own gain, and severed what God has ordered to be joined.

STOP right there. What's so fair about communicating his message in Arabic?

You can quote from the Quran all day long, but it still does not answer my question. I never asked about the content of these books, and trust me there are a loooooot of area that I can bring up for discussions. I'm questioning God's technique in spreading his message.

And so you know, I am an Iranian, born into a atheist family. When I became interested I chose to read these books and found them to be so not Godly at all, with so many cultural, ethical and physical mistakes. So if you are ready, I can present you some quotes from the Quran and see what you think of them. It's easy to hand pick what is nicely said.

What ever these books claimed, it was claimed before, just not publicized the way these books were.

Just a quick one before I go. Please check and read in Quran: Punishment 5.3.3 and come back to me with some explanations. Violence all over this holy book.

Thanks for your time.

StringTh

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join