It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Bigfoot pic since Patterson Film?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Just as I thought, your bear theory is out the window when actual critical thinking comes into play.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Tried and tried to extrapolate to the extent I see a bear and cub but just can't. From what I do see it looks like a primate with its back to us and possibly another lying down.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Now contrast that with the original, and notice how the direction of the fur sweeps over what you think is a shoulder, in the direction I have indicated.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

Apparently you've seen more mammels than the majority of this croud.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by twohawks

Just as I thought, your bear theory is out the window when actual critical thinking comes into play.

The only person demonstrating a lack in critical thinking here, is you.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

reply to post by crawdad1914

Apparently you've seen more mammels than the majority of this croud.

As a 3d modeler and animator, I study them frequently.

*and they are "mammals".
edit on 6-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Can't you see the "v" shape of fur located around the area of the spine and see the direction of the fur accorrdingly it flows from top to bottem which neghates your hypothisies intirrerly.
If it were ass up as your diagram shows the flow would be reversed.

edit on 6-8-2012 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Can't you see the "v" shape of fur located around the area of the spine and see the direction of the fur accorrdingly it flows from top to bottem which neghates your hypothisies intirrerly.

The V shape you want to see as a spine, is the shape of the bulk of the bears neck, bent down as she digs. It does not negate anything. At least I have taken the time to demonstrate an alternative, and exercise some logic instead of clinging white knuckled to something I want to be real, and telling people to shut up that don't agree with me.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
And again you don't answer the question, but rather side step it, the fur falls to the bottem of the pic along the spine and anybody with decent eyes can see this. Maybe your visualy impaired maybe yor a troll and just trying to vindicate your paycheck, who knows, but anybody with eyes can see if they take a moment to Look!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I never said it was a squatch. What it is is no bear.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

And again you don't answer the question, but rather side step it, the fur falls to the bottem of the pic along the spine and anybody with decent eyes can see this. Maybe your visualy impaired maybe yor a troll and just trying to vindicate your paycheck, who knows, but anybody with eyes can see if they take a moment to Look!

Clearly, you "want to believe" a little too much.

I like how you indicated how I might be a troll looking for my "paycheck" as well. Yeah. That's it.... the government pays me to discredit photos of bears on the internet. I &$!*ing wish. Perhaps you missed the part where I indicated I personally believe these things exist, or perhaps you are just too dense to understand what I've illustrated. Either way, I'll leave you be and hope agent scully eventually brings you back down to earth, buddy.
edit on 6-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

By the way, you don't get it bothe ways and get to call the rear right appendige the hind quarter and then say the bulk of the v is the back of the the neck. TRY AGAIN!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Ok so maybe your not a troll, either way, I'm enjoying the debate so lets continue. Prove me wrong on the hair issue and I'll consede to your bear theory. Bye the by I'm probably the least dense individual you'll ever meet.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So, let it be knowen that the bear theory has been disproven. Other theorys are now welcome! Come one come all!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

You have't answered a thing, how do you account for the direction of the hair?

Actually, i think you've got your diagram backwards. It's still a bear. You're only seeing part of the front leg(which would be in the same spot on your diagram, but be the left limb partially obscured by the torso) and the tail is lower than where you have it (where you have labelled is the spinal ridge. Follow that toward the camera to find the tail which you think is the shoulder of the right forearm). What you have labeled as the head/neck is the bear's right rear leg. The bear's head is toward the cub.

It's a picture of the ass end of a bear and a cub.

Just my take.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
One cryptozoologist sees a bear and a cub in less embarrassing position:

Frontiers of Zoology blog post

I can (just) see it, but I'm not sure it's actually what we're seeing.

I also don't think it's a bear doing a somersault, due to the shape of what would be the hind leg and the tapering of the body toward what would be the head (not to mention the midsection, which is not even close to how a somersaulting bear should look -- here is a panda in such a position for reference... and, while a black bear can be a bit thinner, I think you'll find that, when you fold a bear in half like that, the overall bulk is about the same). The debate over which way the fur is going seems pointless too me...it's too short and clumpy to really tell.

Another option, of course, is a gorilla sitting in this sort of position:

Though, to get a gorilla on a trailcam in Alberta would be quite a feat in and of itself.

And a fourth possibility is a Sasquatch.

I'm also not sure why Occam's Razor would eliminate Sasquatch as a possibility on the basis that no physical or photographic evidence exists. Would this being a photograph of Sasquatch not discount that argument?

The fact is, there isn't enough information to know one way or the other. It is a possible Sasquatch photo...but it's also a possible photo of a bear behind.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I did this real quick, but I think it's something like this:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
OK,

I messed around in Photoshop a bit, separated the colors, added some contrast and made this crappy image a little clearer.

I am a big proponent of Bigfoot and believe that they are out there somewhere, but this is not one of them.

If you look closely, in almost the middle of the photo, right beside that white bush you can see the bear's nose.

I could make it out clear as day, so I thought I would show all of you.

Pred...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Here is the bear's head circled, in the bottom middle of the circle there is his nose.

Pred...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I don't know. That looks like a mighty awkward position for a bear. Not saying it's a squatch, probably more likely a man in a suit.

There is conclusive evidence though of sasquatch being real.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join