It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Bigfoot pic since Patterson Film?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
or ....
A bear taking a dump?

The photo is so striking, in fact, that one could easily wonder if it wasn’t actually an image of a gorilla snapped in a preserve somewhere. The woman who uploaded the photo ...Penny, swears that isn’t the case.

whofortedblog.com...

“I know this person. They are a dogsledder and would in no way be the type to try to fool around with fake pictures. They actually think it’s a bear and cub but for some reason they only have one photo. Strange.”

whofortedblog.com...

Not much more information to hand other than what was posted on Facebook and whofortedblog.com... all within the last few hours,

We would need more information such as the experience of the photographer who took the image.

Looks good in terms of the primate form that appears to be sitting, but I'm going with bear.

What do you think this is?

edit on 6-8-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It doesn´t look like a gorilla... but it doesn´t look much like a bear either. That arm looks quite primate... not saying its a bigfoot, but it certainly is an interesting pic :O

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
As for the one photo - the article says its from a trail cam. That explains it.

Typically, they are set to take a photo (or vid) every X seconds (up to minutes) if they detect movement. So, if its like mine set for every 30 seconds (so I don't get 1000 pics of one deer) its very possible that whatever this is got up and moved out of camera range during that time.

In general, unless you have it set to a very fast setting one pic per passing critter is all you get on a trail cam unless they stick around for an extended period.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
At first it's a "wtf!?" picture, but upon closer examination, it does in fact appear to be a bear and a cub.

Edit:

Here's how I saw it:

edit on 6-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

great info, thanks I was wandering why there was only one pic with no information!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Take a look at some of these.
www.chimphaven.org...

I would say shot in a sanctuary that is a large animal and a smaller on laying beside him.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
At first it's a "wtf!?" picture, but upon closer examination, it does in fact appear to be a bear and a cub.

Yeah I agree!

But umm, as much as I am determined to say it is a bear, where is the bear and cub exactly....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Looks a little like the "arm" could actually be a right leg, rump in the air, and head down toward the right. Maybe trying to get at some worms or grubs in the ground. Or something like that.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Looks like a primate to me!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
that's no bear
like that poster up there 2 spots said.....he must be reaching way down into a den.....probably a large diameter den...easy to get a snack

edit on 6-8-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

that could be a pile of fresh black dirt getting piled up///fits his posture of left hand pushing it out
edit on 6-8-2012 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2012 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Yeah I agree!

But umm, as much as I am determined to say it is a bear, where is the bear and cub exactly....

I edited my post with a picture of how I make sense of it

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm really trying to see a bear there, but honestly, it looks more like two primates, one sitting with its back to the camera and the other laying on the ground... that looks like an arm, not a hind leg, and certainly not a bear's leg. But I may be wrong.

It could always be a man in an ape suit

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

yeah i see that except you added arm

also I didn't think bears legs were so slim and muscley- looking?

But I'm originally the other underside side of the planet were spiders and jellyfish the size of your fingernail kill you in 15 minutes with a sting

So ill have to take the north America's word for it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
dp

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

To me it looks like a black bear in a rather unflattering position.

This pic is similar to the position I think we’re looking at.

Obviously your picture would be of a black bear rather than a polar bear. Look at the similarity in hair and body shape compared to this pic.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

oh and there is no head.....also added

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

oh and there is no head.....also added

The way I see it, the head is covered by the grass. The bear appears (at least to me) to be digging with its front paws in the ground, with it's snout to the earth (obscured by the tall grass).

I admit, the original image does look very much like a large primate, but lets at least try to apply occam's razor

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

oh i am always applying common sense and to make things fun just a dose of unreasonable hysteria.

Its just a very thin bear.

and its assuming parts of a body are there that cant be seen.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

To me it looks like a black bear in a rather unflattering position.

This pic is similar to the position I think we’re looking at.

Obviously your picture would be of a black bear rather than a polar bear. Look at the similarity in hair and body shape compared to this pic.

If you or anyone else can show me a bear, of any kind, that has that long and skinny of a leg, then I will believe it is a bear. Otherwise, to me it is either a gorilla or a sasquatch.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join