It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a point in your life when you knew you were on the road to being a mason?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Well.. when I was 18 working for an old folks home I was reading a book about Freemasonry. I can't remember which one.. some dan brown type book. I just happened to by chance talk about the book to a nurse, who then told me her husband was a Mason. Eventually I ended up meeting him and becoming a Mason.

Clearly the universe thought I should be a Freemason

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
reply to post by getreadyalready

Your description of Mexican Americans is disgusting and very offensive.
I just reported you.
May you be banned for life sir!
Nothing will actually happen as I guess being a former MOD has it's privileges!

On a side note...
$100 eh?
Home Depot?
Tecate or DosEquis?

Ole!

edit on 6-8-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic, but I can assure you that being a former Mod just gets you one step closer to the ban hammer, it is the opposite of special privileges. There's a reason I'm a former Mod, and not a current one.

As for being offended on behalf of Mexicans, that is the epitome of racism. Being offended on behalf of someone else is far more racist than being honest about stereotypes and first-hand observations. Are you trying to tell me it is impossible to find some Mexicans at Home Depot that will fix a brick fireplace for $100? Because I can assure you that it is not impossible, it is very common, I have done it many times, and they were not offended in the slightest bit, they were thrilled to do some work.

I used to own a Masonary company where we manufactured and installed synthetic stone and stucco, and my first crew was literally hired out of a little Nissan car, in a Home Depot parking lot, and they worked for us for almost a year installing our stone.

For the record, it was Dos Equis and MGD.
We also listened to Jay and the Americans, Freddy Fender, and Enrique Iglesias in the truck a lot while we travelled, and those guys took real siestas in the afternoon. They wanted us to pick them up by about 5 a.m., so they could start work at 6 or first light, and be done by 12 or 1 and not work during the hot afternoons.

You can argue against stereotypes all you want, but they got to be stereotypes for a reason.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Sorry for crappy quality on this one...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Whilst I am not... an can never be... a Freemason.
I do know that one book in particular has changed my life.
"Secrets of the Freemasons"

I do not fret to read it all... but the list of degrees with their appropriated titles does truly have an impact on me.
Life without that book... makes an extraordinary hell of life for me. And although I am not of good repute... nor of mettle which withstands weights and measures true... I do know that "Freemason" is absolutely an essential part of my life. Moreso than "Politics & Religion" and moreso than "Philosophy" and truly moreso than "Nationality".

If ever I knew the thing the lured me to it... I know it was something that only the moon can testify.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Pinocchio because: Merlin is actually "Mal-Luna" extra DIV

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
To be honest, I have tried Masonry several times in the past, each attempt left me feeling like a complete failure.
Here is a picture of my latest project, I'm really trying dang it!

Is there any hope for me?

edit on 6-8-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

Your stones are way too "regular", makes for a weak wall. Each stone looks like an exact copy of the other. That's no good. Also, the placement of the stones are too regular again, so the first challenge to the wall, a little shaking of the ground, and down comes your wall, stones and all.

Try to do it the old stone mason's way. Add a little "irregular" stone to your design, the wall will be much stronger, and last longer. Do it like this,

Haven't you noticed that most societies that built with "regular" copies have vanished, but the things left standing through the ages are the "irregular" walls?

Go "irregular", your strength will be increased manyfold.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

That seems possible as in the universe directing you it seemed.

Or your consciousness or higher frequency beings for lack of a better description/understanding?
There is alot about this world we cant see/hear as were limited optically and audibly as i am sure you would know? But for one reason or another i reckon that, and other parts of consciousness can be developed, But most people cant as they are media slaves lol

What i would also ask is anything you learned been so profound at first you disbelieved it? Thanks

peace

edit on 9-8-2012 by kalenga because: punctuation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join