It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the Plot Thickens. Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
No... it shows independence ... intelligence ... free thinking ...

farcebook is for the minions of the state to monitor the mindless masses ensuring they dont upset big brother...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by HEYJOSE

ego masturbation

Made me spit my beer out!!!!!!

If I made you laugh, that just made my day, thank you! Screw these sociopathic elite bastards! Let's all laugh at their sorry a$$ e$.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
No... it shows independence ... intelligence ... free thinking ...

farcebook is for the minions of the state to monitor the mindless masses ensuring they dont upset big brother...

What if we go on there and create fake persona's...these corporate ##SNIPPED## will be marketing to the likes and dislikes of phantom consumers....make ##SNIPPED## up

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on Mon Aug 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My facebook page is used to spread sensitive information and talk crap about Big Brother, direct to the source.

Everything on my page is real. I don't hide anything. We don't live forever.

I suppose I use it more for hiding in plain sight, it works wonders.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I misread the title,I thought said joining Facebook makes you a phsyco!with that I would have agreed.I joined when they first put the app on a phone I had a few years back.never posted or had any friends,then I got a friend request from a big(really big like the side of a bus!)fat chick in a Spiderman costume.didn't know her but it was enough for me to close my account,terrifying!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I misread the title,I thought said joining Facebook makes you a phsyco!with that I would have agreed.I joined when they first put the app on a phone I had a few years back.never posted or had any friends,then I got a friend request from a big(really big like the side of a bus!)fat chick in a Spiderman costume.didn't know her but it was enough for me to close my account,terrifying!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hi everybody,

I agree that in some cases a person refusing to be on Facebook can be attributed to the fact that they are socially withdrawn and those types often end up bringing a gun to work or to school and paint the walls with their colleagues (RIP to all those involved in such events). Is this the case for all those refusing to be on Facebook? No!

The problem is how do we get organized socially without having proper ID? ID was a joke just 40-50 years ago. Fraudsters were having a field day knowing how gullible people were. How do you control who gets what and how often? We live on a finite planet with finite resources how to allocate them equally and fairly to every last one of us Is this not what we all want? Or do you want us to fight for every last shred of land, water and food. Food, water, shelter, clothes, work and a place to chill out is what we want I think fundamentally. We are living in exponential times. In other words, the world population is growing faster and faster as more people copulate and there are users and abusers in everything, some contribute, others hitch a free ride. What to do to solve this? I for one think money without interest is a start to the solution to all this but that is a different topic.

The reason why I am saying this is because government forces you to reveal all these things about yourself and people cheat and lie including the government, this information is then re-injected in to the system to adjust the need for X or Y. But on facebook people whole heartedly give the same information away and more. Why not use it? I understand that this is a great tool that can be used to do good just like it can be used to be malicious. With great power comes great responsibility. Back in the old times in villages which was pretty much everywhere, everybody knew everybody and what they were up to. You didn't need facebook because of the small demography of people. Now, is a different story. Does this mean that being private was something missing in the old days? If we are alive today it's because our ancestors lived together and shared I would think.

In conclusion, is facebook an absolutely necessary tool for society? Maybe not Facebook but something along those lines. Like I said it all depends on how we use it. Right now given the circumstances, I feel like it is more a tool for control and power versus weighing out the best interest of the masses. But, sadly we cannot know or control this yet.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
what a crock of $)#(@!!!!!! So if you don't have a facebook page you shouldn't be hired. WTF. Last time I checked. All the people I personally know or have worked with that make a high six figure+ income DO NOT have facebook pages. They are too busy actually networking in a professional sense to waste their time with facebook.

Second half the upper level corporate managers I know don't have facebook pages either because it would be inappropriate for their employees and subordinates to contact them on facebook. I say if you dont have a facebook page you may actually be the one whos normal or at least has a sense of self esteem high enough to not make broadcasting every detail of your life on facebook necessary.

Even the inventor of facebook thinks your an idiot if you actually use facebook.

Geeze. DOn't have email. You must be a weirdo. Don't have cable TV!!! must be a weirdo. DOn't have a cell phone with text and internet!!!!! Must be a weirdo. No wonder as a society we are falling apart. We've forgotten whats real. What matters and have by and large all stuck our heads up oru asses.
edit on 6-8-2012 by BASSPLYR because: Crappy spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I want to point out that I reread my post and I don't want people to think I am alluding to getting chipped. That is not what I mean by proper ID. I am simply trying to exercise my right to ask questions about a legitimate social problem we currently have. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Classic last post - I imagine it will get pulled but spot on. Glad to see there isn't one dissenting voice in the bunch of replys yet - how strange the world we live in...

CJ

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ummm Brevik had a facebook page, thats one of the places the media first started gathering information about him from.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I only use Facebook to f**k the system. I don't put any updates, likes, dislikes, really any personal information at all. I rarely check it. The only time I use it is to disseminate things like are found on this site, trying to wake up the general populace. Sure, I have a Facebook account, but I only use it to "their" disadvantage.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Ummm Brevik had a facebook page, thats one of the places the media first started gathering information about him from.

You're absolutely right! I'd forgotten about that. It just goes to show how uncritical we can be when reading something that affects us emotionally.

Personally, this (ATS) is the only site I participate in. I don't partake in FB or any other kind of social site. I use Firefox and have installed every possible kind of security and privacy add-on that I can find.

Like most liberty-loving individualists I enjoy my own company. If some idiot wants to change the definition of psychopath to include me... what a hellish world we're headed for.

But I guess everything will be all right in their world as long as they can Facebook and Twitter each other in the FEMA camps....

edit on 8/6/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

so did Holmes, Zimmerman, Martin, the crazy Miami cat killer, Loughner and that other NeoNazi guy who was marching around Sanford supposedly keeping the peace.

nah, Facebook seems to attrack maniacs, psychopaths, sociopaths, liars, cheats and the like .... as far as i'm concerned, they can have/devour each other

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

It was all the people I encountered on Facebook that appear to be psychopaths that keep me from going back.
I haven't visited since 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 6-8-2012 by Sulie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitsforbytes

The problem is how do we get organized socially

Try actually talking to people? Or physically meeting them?

I know, I know, that means having to actually get up and leave your mum's basement, but you should really give it a try!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

spoken like a good little minion of the state ... maybe big brother will let you lick his boots today ...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow!!! I remember right before face book came out and I read an article that basically confirmed it was a Government funded and I'm sure ran or heavy interest on how things are ran but to continue the article was warning of big brother in a big evil way.

I warned my family, kids, friends. I would stress that officials would go to your page and see exactly what your doing. My daughter learned the hard way when someone tried to use a pic against her.

Of course I have a page, under an assumed name. I don't put my business out there if at all possible.

I remember when Murdock bought MySpace....all the snooping and hacking he's done along w/ his companies...I'm quite sure a lot of pages were hacked for his empire gain.

People are really better off not leaving a trail for anyone to get...their better off not doing business on- line....that's if you don't care who see's what. I personally believe in the right to have a private life!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join