It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See past visual weather satellite images. 2007 - Current

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Mods, I hope this wasn't already shared. I ran search on MODIS itself as a word and variations, but I didn't see it and I've certainly never heard of it myself.

Well everyone, I stumbled across this today while looking up data for a different bit of research and was flabbergasted when I realized just what it actually was. I hope sharing it doesn't bring it more traffic than they'd intended but as a research and fact checking tool this is simply invaluable. I had to share.

Have you ever seen a video and wondered about the date for an outdoors event, as in, was that really on that day or not? Well, weather to the extent of clear or cloudy is very easy to check now.

Want to see what the run up to a weather event looked like? Well... this is October 2007 to present day, one composite of the Continental United States to a day, 365 days for each year.
Who could ask for more on something of this nature?

Okay, I'd love one to go back about 20 years further....but we'd have to time travel some tech to the people back then..so we get what there is for starting date. Enjoy!

MODIS Today. Visual Weather Display 07-Present.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. This should be an interesting tool for researching events, like the Joplin, Missouri tornado.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thats pretty cool,Wrabbit,thanks for sharing that.

It's kind of fun to go to every year on this date to see what the weather was.

new topics

join