It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 9% of '08 Obama supporters defect to Romney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's a Gallop Poll this time.

They say 9% of people who voted for Obama in 2008 now support Romney.

Perhaps this is a reflection of the Economic Prisoners rebelling ?

Many people, if not most people on assistance want the jobs back they were "promised".

The jobs pay better, much better.

It works both ways too.

A new poll shows that President Obama is losing nine percent of his 2008 supporters to Mitt Romney..

Gallup finds that 86 percent of 2008 Obama voters say they plan to vote for the president again. Nine percent, however, say they're now supporting Romney.

On the other hand, 92 percent of John McCain voters say they're supporting Mitt Romney. Five percent of those McCain voters are now voting for Obama......

story from Politico

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Assume that haly of the population voted for Obama. That means that he has just lost 4.5% of the total vote. How can he take a loss like that and still win? Is it over? I'm stunned.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Assume that haly of the population voted for Obama. That means that he has just lost 4.5% of the total vote. How can he take a loss like that and still win? Is it over? I'm stunned.

Because the poll says nothing about geographical location.

Also...Obama won with a +7.3 margin of the popular vote...the article states 5% of McCain voters are defecting to Obama...so a net loss of 4%. And in theory that is still a win with +3.3%

Which means it is just going to be a closer election than it was in 2008...and I think everyone already knew that.
edit on 6-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The only thing I gather from this info is frustration at people still falling for the either/or choice.

We tired of Bush so we thought Obama would save the day. We tired of Obama so now we think Romney will save the day. If he wins, he won't fix anything and we'll switch our support to another two-partier who will let us down again.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Dear OutKast Searcher,

Thanks very much.
That's a valuable post and I appreciate it.

I wonder if the race won't be even closer than the 3.3% you mention. Romney is running a stronger campaign than McCain (whose campaign, by the way, was painful to watch), and Obama has, shall we say, lost some of his appeal over the years.

I'm not declaring a Romney victory, as you say it may be very close.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

join