It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was One of America's Top Psychics -- And Like All of Them, a Complete Fraud

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
They could easily guess winning lottery numbers a few times in a row. I'd be convinced if I was there to verify it wasn't a fraud. Or...just like, guessing a six digit number in my head. I'd believe then.

I guess it doesn't work that way though. Umm, I guess it can't be used for selfish means or something. Of course.

Yeah it doesn't work that way. In the comics and movies it does. But in real-life, the collective unconscious has more control over psi than the personal ego-self of some psychic.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

So what's the point of asking...?

Meet them if they are somewhat close to me...

It amazes me how many here on ATS debate a whole point by not moving a single inch from their computers. In this case if someone here says they are real and they know it deep in their heart, then I would think that a real visit would provide the proof, or lack of, then a 10,000 word debate on the subject.

Sometimes one just needs to get off their ass every once in a while... lol

edit on 7-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Never have politicians, kings, rulers of any kind sought the help of psychics....not Like they would be killed for being wrong.....EVER...history lacks examples....any..

You mean like Nancy Reagan and her astrologer/psychic or Queen Elizabeth I and John Dee?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sorry for jumping in so late.

I dunno. I had my palm read by an old Chinese lady in a small out of the way shop in Chinatown in Los Angeles. What she told me and where I was in my life at the time were entirely two different worlds.

19 years later.....

She was spot on.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And how is this - AFAIK I've never met you - but I offer this, just from picking up your vibes through the 'net:

Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary and reserved. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. You pride yourself on being an independent thinker and do not accept others' opinions without satisfactory proof. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety, and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. Disciplined and controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside.

Your sexual adjustment has presented some problems for you. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a strong need for other people to like you and for them to admire you.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

That's interesting but my Horoscope states something completely different and it's been a bit more accurate over the years.

I appreciate the reply though. I was just sharing with everyone my own personal experience dealing with a psychic

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by wrdwzrd

what I find interesting is that most of them (the real ones) are not famous and don't make a living from it.

One has to wonder why not.

ill answer your questions, one, there are real physics or "seers' in the world but no amount of evidence has ever been enough to satisfy anyone with a closed mind.

Well that's one true statement tacked onto a falso one.

Certainly no amount of evidence will convince a closed mind.

But since there is actually no evidence at all that psychic powers exist - every real investigation has shown fraud at worst or gullibility at best - it is not the people who say "the evidence is crap" who have het closed minds.

It is those who refuse to accept that the evidence is crap because it does not fit with their preconceptions.

If you can give me verifiable evidence that psychic powers exist then I will change my mind about them - based on the evidence.

But apaprently no amount of evidence that they do not exist is enough for believers to understand that they have been duped - throughout history, and regardless of rank or race or creed..

edit on 7-8-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Sorry no. There has been plenty of studies done that cannot be refuted, but are ignored in mainstream science.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well, I've had thoughts come to my mind that were telepathic communications.
I'm being serious.

For instance,
I've seen quantum physicists on the internet talk about how they've found that there is a connectedness at the quantum level between everything, like a field of consiousness. I think it's evident to me, if anyone would believe what I say, that I've tapped into that field.
There are several times I've sensed things that make me say that.
For instance, if you can believe that food came from a plant, and still has an essense of life in it,
I've concentrated on some of the food I had been pouring down the drain and I get a thought comming to my mind, linked with the thought that it comes from the food, that it doesn't want to go down there into the flouride. Likewise, when I put it into the composte bucket to bury it in the yard instead, it sends me thanks. Now you can call that crazy, but my boss doesn't call me crazy. He has me working on engineering data that bulkloads into a AD software system at work. Quite technical stuff, plus I graduated cum laude from Auburn university as an Engineer.

I've had instances with people when they were looking at a door to my back, I was looking at them, and someone approached the door I couldn't see that surprised them. They didn't speak, or make any facial changes, yet in my heart I felt surprise coming from them and there was no sign to the 5 senses of that being the case. The next instant I saw the reaction that was in their heart I was picking up on, namely they jumped up when the 3rd person entered through the glass door and in a somewhat loud voice said 'what are you doing here'? validating that in my heart I felt surprise comming from them, before it was evident to the 5 senses, and then the 5 senses picked up on the latter evidence that showed itself the case that my heart was picking up on something accurately.

Then take anyone whose ever had their husband or wife get in a back wreck and they 'just know' something is wrong even before they get a phone call about it. TELEPATHY with the one you try to share your heart with is what that is.

The main point is, imagine you had an invisible hand that you didn't know was there, call it telepathy. If no one told you to squeeze it then after 20, 50 years it would atrophy and be almost useless unless you went through serious therapy for a while. It's the same thing with all our natural telepathic abilities that EVeryone has. Of course the elite can't have us 'just knowing' they are full of it so they've done all kinds of things to turn it off. But that's what your trusting when you 'trust your gut' or 'trust your instincts' and 'just know that car salesman is giving you a lemon' or whatever.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Sorry no. There has been plenty of studies done that cannot be refuted, but are ignored in mainstream science.

Such as?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Let's see yours

Or was that yours?

edit on 7-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Since nobody bothered to read my post, one more time for the people that say science has never proved it -

IN THE 1970S, STANFORD RESEARCH INSTITUTE DID A STUDY ON REMOTE VIEWING, THEY PUBLISHED THOSE PAPERS, THERE ARE EVEN BOOKS WRITTEN ABOUT THEIR STUDY. GOOGLE IT AND STOP POSTING REPLIES ABOUT HOW THERE IS NO SUCH THING UNTIL YOUVE RESEARCHED IT.

if I wanted to listen to closed minds repeating things they'd heard from somewhere else, id go to a much more mainstream site than this one. get off the computer and read a book once and awhile....

thank you, that is all.....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by BlueMule
What a crock.

All fair, but while i did dismiss this all as a "crock", i did logically debunk your assertation in the second half of that post.

Care to address any of that?

Ps. I see a reoccuring theme here where people seem to believe if someone is a psychic, they are always good people who would never announce their powers, never use it to further their lot in life and never use it.........at all?

Why does having psychic powers make you inhuman? No idea why everyone thinks they will just sit quietely at home, never bothing to display their gift, never bothering to use it to further themselves. Obviously these people are not human. I understand the fear of the government coming and snatching you away in the night, but surely ONE person would videotape or otherwise record their talents or go on live media somewhere, sometime to show what they are capable of. Why does this not happen?

edit on 7-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Quite the contrary. The psychics (seemingly real ones) that I've met with happily display their gift, if asked nicely; but, they don't seem to want to go out of their way to prove it to others. Many talks I've had with them, they have no idea why they have those 'powers' (if you can call it that, I prefer to refer to it as a gift), and many wish they didn't have it (from the conversation, it seems to be more of a bane on them than anything else).

It's the charlatans and fakes that usually want the media attention, why you may ask? because they do it for the money.

As for recording a reading, I HAVE recorded a very accurate reading (actually, it was a couple of them) that was done for me. Will I share it? No. There's too much personal stuff I would rather only myself and my family know, no need to publicly announce or let the whole world know. It's can be a very personal thing, you know?
edit on 7-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

So what's the point of asking...?

Meet them if they are somewhat close to me...

It amazes me how many here on ATS debate a whole point by not moving a single inch from their computers. In this case if someone here says they are real and they know it deep in their heart, then I would think that a real visit would provide the proof, or lack of, then a 10,000 word debate on the subject.

Sometimes one just needs to get off their ass every once in a while... lol

Fair enough...

But I guess whether caledonia's telling you the truth or not, there are few people here who would be willing to meet another member in person after just a few exchanges across the interwebz, let alone set up meetings with their highly pyschic frieneds....

And I know if I were personally strongly psychic the last thing I'd want to be do was bother proving my abilities to some anon skeptic from ATS just so someone can win debating points on some inane thread based on the memoirs of a professional scammer.

So i guess a 10,000 word debate is probably the best you're gonna get...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Such as?

You seem quite happy to ignore someone who has posted scientific proof of psychic ability on your own thread (page6) while offering none in return save for some the memoirs of a professional conman in your OP.

Who’s to say he’s simply not scamming you into buying and publicising his book for free?

But if proof you want here you go. I’ve now posted it a 2nd time. Care to address this first, and when you’ve done that could you please offer some sort of proof of your own assertions other than trying to convince us all your opinions counts as ‘Verifiable Evidence’.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Upong what verifiable evidence? Have you conducted any scientific studies into ‘psychic’ phenomena’? Could you post the results please? Failing that, please post the studies which show is no such thing as a psychic person, and then explain how this applies to every single person in the entire world.

Oh boy! Face palm, negative proof syndrome. With that logic ice crystals do not have six sides and the only way to prove it is to examine every single ice crystal in the universe.

we could list "proofs" like this for an eternity by the way. I just picked a blindingly obvious one to highlight your nonsensical logic.

And yet if we found just one snowflake that was not six sided, then it would prove your theory wrong now wouldn’t it…? Please see my next set of responses.

Not one person has yet been identified as being a psychic by passing a rigourous scientific test. Therefore, based on all the evidence to date psychic abilities do not exist.

False.

For starters the Double Slit Experiment, shows that the human mind collapsing waves into particles outside the confines of the brain. By the very definition I posted above this is psychic phenomenom.

Through the Quantum Erazer Experiment this psychic phenomena was shown not to have anything to do with the equipment used but could only be the observer and it was also shown to work backwards in time.

So this is your first and second non-six sided snow flake….

But obviously this is a little too far removed from your traditional view of the psychic world for you to be happy, so lets move on hey.

Predicting the future proven by Cornell experiments

New studies show people can anticipate future events

A new study involving hundreds of Cornell undergrads has provided a dramatic demonstration of numerous ‘retroactive’ psi effects – that is, phenomena that are inexplicable according to current scientific knowledge

………………..

Take priming – the effect whereby a subliminal (i.e. too fast for conscious detection) presentation of a word or concept speeds subsequent reaction times for recognition of a related stimulus. Bem turned this around by having participants categorise pictures as negative or positive and then presenting them subliminally with a negative or positive word. That is, the primes came afterwards. Students were quicker, by an average of 16.5ms, to categorise negative pictures as negative when they were followed by a negative subliminal word (e.g. ‘threatening’), almost as if that word were acting as a prime working backwards in time.

This is your third non-six sided snowflake….

In another experiment participants looked at successive pairs of neutral mirror images and chose their favourite – the left or right. After each pair, an unpleasant picture was flashed subliminally on one side or the other. You guessed it, participants tended to favour the mirror image on the side of the screen opposite to where an unpleasant picture was about to appear.

Fourth…

These Experiments were conducted at Cornell University and were all peer reviewed

So here are four examples that the premise of both you and the OP that psychic phenomena does not exist proven wrong. Positive proof. Neither yourself nor the OP have offered anything except the memoirs of a con artist.

Not very scientific and certainly not ‘proof’ of anything except your own ill informed opinions

edit on 7/8/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Just because he hasn't come across them that means nothing. I'm a no body really. Just an average joe. But after practicing witch craft just one time ever since I've had encounters with the spirit world. I know now that they're just demons. And can turn up in all kinds of different form from ghosts, to aliens, to spirts, to fairys, etc etc... And now that I am a Christian nothing to fear what so ever. They're like mice to us scurrying around. But they're there. I have definite phyical proof and hundreds of encounters with them. They always leave the same tell tail signs and marks that I dont' want to get into. But I must have opened some doorway to that world by doing this that craft. (so don't mess with that stuff or you could have a serious problem). I have also talked to countless others that have had similiar experience. For example they used a weegee board and now they're constantly bothered by some entity probably for life. And if they don't become a Christian the demon could do serious harm to them even kill them. I didn't read the full post so if there's something else maybe I'll get back to it later. But I'm just saying this guy probably just hasn't been choosen to know like most people.

edit on 7-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I hate jumping in so late on threads like this, as the lines have already been drawn. I feel like everyone has already made up their minds, and no amount of anything will change the skeptic or the believer. None-the-less, this is ATS, a place where discussion of the unknown is encouraged. So, with that in mind: I've only ever met one true psychic, but I've been to a lot of phony ones.

I myself read palms, analyze dreams, and study Tarot cards. I'm familiar with the New Age mumbo jumbo that get's passed off as psychism these days. I don't do any of that. In palms I look for bodily conditions, in dreams I help people psychoanalyze their thoughts, and face situations they've been avoiding, or are unaware of. And Tarot I use only as a personal meditative tool. I almost never read for other people, and when I do, I teach them how to read the cards as we go, so they can do it for themselves from that point on.

In my mind anyone who uses palmistry, dream interpretation, or Tarot for reasons outside of what I have outlined above is a fraud, a liar, a con artist, scamming you, or doesn't actually know the craft they claim to be demonstrating.

That being said, my friend Bree is the only legitimate psychic whom I have ever met. She's also the only one I've met who does not want to be psychic. I make a habit of visiting the local psychic shops, getting their readings done when I visit colleges, and generally putting them to the test. Bree's different, she pretends she can't do it, generally only letting it slip that she can by accident, or when it scares her.

Among the hundreds of small things she foretold, including pieces of dialogue between people, where a specific person was, where a lost item could be found, and one time an unexpected visitor I'd host (an old ex-girlfriend who had lost her house in Cali and come back to me because it was the only "free room" she knew of), she also had four rather frightening psychic intuitions:

- the death of her grandfather
- an electrical fire starting in her house
- the Valentines day NIU school shooting of 2008
- the I-90 100-car pile up near Madison WI, also in 2008

The first incident was a dream she had, which she told me about. We both used to study dreams from a Jungian perspective (she's majoring in profiling, and police psychology her early college classes were on general psychological theories). It was a week before he died of a heart attack. Being an older man (in his 80s) this one is not as impressive, because old people are prone to heart attacks and eventually death. The propinquity to the actual event was a bit disconcerting though.

The second was a phantom-smell that she had sitting in her room while we texted one evening. It was not a bonfire smell, but a plastic burning smell. I told her to go check her house and yard since it was probably just neighbors, or someone in her backyard. There was no source and the smell went away. Three days later an electrical fire started in her kitchen. The fire dept. was able to put it out, but she needed to renovate her kitchen though.

The NIU shooting was bad. She called me around noon the afternoon it happened, said that she knew something terrible was going to happen that day; she didn't know what, or when, but she knew. I told her to get her things together, get in her car, and leave; go to her mother's house. This was several years into our friendship, and I knew by now to just roll with her feelings, because something did usually happen. Her dorm was in Neptune Hall, she called me sometime after 3, when I had gotten home from my own college classes for the day, and said she was on the road and that she'd heard shots fired. Cole Hall is right across from Neptune. She was so shaken by the event that she almost dropped out, rather than go back. We've visited the memorial every year since.

The I-90 pile-up near Madison was a premonition she had about her sister, who was driving home from Wisconsin. It was the first time her sister had made the drive alone, and the general thought was it was just familial nerves. Even I made the mistake of ignoring this one. Her sister ended up coming to the stretch where the pile-up began, just shortly after it had started. When her sister finally called she said about 20 cars were smashed up. This was just before the rescue workers had arrived, and the entire road had been closed down while the bodies of two victims, and the 100 cars were moved.

Can she control her gift, or use it like some superhero power? Not at all. Does it terrify her? Most of the time, yes. So, say what you will about psychics. Most of them are frauds. I can't say all of them are though, because I know of one unwilling one, who happens to be the genuine deal.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Why people often have opinion’s such as those shown in the OP

More proof…

Hard Scientific evidence of psychic phenomena

At Princeton University’s Anomalous Phenomena department, Dr. Robert Jahn and Brenda Dunne have established beyond scientific doubt and under the strictest controls that certain people have the incredible ability to influence the fall of dice in a roulette machine. This ability is known as telekinesis, which can simply be defined as “mind over matter.”

The proof of their meticulous research, conducted over a period of more than 25 years, is contained in their pioneering book entitled “Margins of Reality.” Those who love to pore over statistics and calculate probability ratios repeatedly will love this book.

Are anyone of the detractors of psychic phenomena going to address any of the scientifically 'verifiable' evidence I've presented... at all? Anyone care to present any verifiable evidence to the contrary or are the extracts from the biography of a conartist enough for you?

Aloysius you still on this thread....?

Anybody....

edit on 8/8/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

PEAR did indeed produce alot of evidence. But skeptics can't replicate it. Their desire to debunk is psi-inhibitive. Their fear of psi, of humiliation, of paradigm shift is psi-inhibitive. And until the rules of science change, there's nothing that can be done about that.

As long as skeptics can't control their desires and fears, there can be no succesful skeptic replication of a parapsychological experiment. Without replication, it isn't science. It's just evidence that truth-seekers can glean from.

It's good evidence, but until science 'expands its current paradigm to acknowledge and codify a proactive role for the mind in the establishment of physical events', psi is outside replicability and outside the gates of science.

Change the Rules!

ROBERT G. JAHN AND BRENDA J. DUNNE
Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research
School of Engineering and Applied Science
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544-5263
[email protected]

Abstract—

Although consciousness-correlated physical phenomena are widely and credibly documented, their appearance and behavior display substantial departures from conventional scientific criteria. Under even the most rigorous protocols, they are only irregularly replicable, and they appear to be insensitive to most basic physical coordinates, including distance and time.

Rather, their strongest correlations are with various subjective parameters, such as intention, emotional resonance, uncertainty, attitude, and meaning, and information processing at an unconscious level appears to be involved. If science, by its most basic definition, is to pursue understanding and utilization of these extraordinary processes, it will need to expand its current paradigm to acknowledge and codify a proactive role for the mind in the establishment of physical events, and to accommodate the spectrum of empirically indicated subjective correlates.

The challenges of quantitative measurement and theoretical conceptualization within such a ‘‘Science of the Subjective’’ are formidable, but its potential intellectual and cultural benefits could be immense, not least of all in improving the reach, the utility, the attitude, and the image of science itself.

Intention.

What are the intentions of a debunker when he tries to replicate a parapsychology experiment? What is his attitude toward the subject matter? What does it all mean to him? These are just some of the variables that influence psi.

edit on 8-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Not everyone lives to be famous. Not everyone wants to be Silvia Brown. Some people dont like the light being shined on them. Some people are still humble in this world. Some people do it for the sake of doing good and not the sake of being well known. There are still people out there that make anonymous donations to charities. Not every good deed needs a pat on the back. That's your flaw for thinking people do things so that you can praise them. You seem to be the one on an ego trip if you think your opinion actually matters to people that aren't looking for validation from you.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't think all of them are frauds. Surely, many but definitely not all. I had an encounter with a psychic years ago and he told me something that no one else could have known. Heck, I didn't even know it. He simply told me "go ask your Mother" and I did and she confirmed what he told me. Not too long ago, I lost my job and a friend gave me the number to her psychic. When I called her, she told me that I wouldn't be out of a job for more than a month. I received an offer exactly a month after I spoke with her. Now, the second one may have been easy to guess, but being told to ask my mom about something that no one was supposed to know what pretty creepy.

As far as where they get this "knowledge" from, I have no idea. I have had dreams that have come true before and I never channeled or summoned any spirits, never played with any ouija boards (lol) when this happened. I merely went to sleep and had a dream that later came true. I've given up on trying to figure out why it happend. I just think that some people can do it and some can fake it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join