It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was One of America's Top Psychics -- And Like All of Them, a Complete Fraud

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by BlueMule
"Verifiable proof" would be nice of course but it's not possible even though psi is real.

As soon as a "skeptic" tries to verify a parapsychology experiment, the unconscious psi of the "skeptic" kicks in and sabotages the experiment in order to bring the results into accord with the materialistic, reductionistic belief system of the "skeptic".

Very convienient answer that you can use as a trump card to deny any real, scientific test. "Of course they exist, but it can never be tested". What a crock.

Just because it's convenient doesn't mean its a crock. It's not like anyone set out to cook up a trump card to use against anyone in pointless debate.

The "what a crock" trump card seems to be serving you well, though.

If this is true, then this invalidates your first assertation about. If this is true, ESP and the such CAN be verified by having scientists who are 'sheep' doing the testing and verification, isnt that right?

What a crock.

Hey! That works great!

Once they verify the results, and therefore they are "written in stone' and not changable by a skeptic, then you let the "goats" verify. Im sure the goats will always suspect the sheep in being complicit, but does this not make sense?

What a crock.

edit on 7-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Not all psychic people are frauds...there really are some very real psychic's in the world...

no - I'm quite sure you are completely wrong about both of those statements, but feel free to offer some verifiable evidence to support them - my belief is based upong the available verifiable evidence - if you've got some that shows me I'm wrong then I'll change my mind.

what I find interesting is that most of them (the real ones) are not famous and don't make a living from it.

One has to wonder why not.

ill answer your questions, one, there are real physics or "seers' in the world but no amount of evidence has ever been enough to satisfy anyone with a closed mind. we keep looking to mainstream science to prove the mystical, that's the mistake right there.

and 2, anyone who has a real gift does not seek status, wealth or fame as a goal, in fact, quite the opposite. working for the good of all is enough.

we look at psychic as sideshow circus material but its really much more simple than that, there is no need for hocus pocus. back in the 70s when Stanford Research Institute did a study on Remote Viewing they were surprised to have found that they could teach almost anyone how do it with pretty accurate results. its all energy, thats the science, its not that hard, we just need to tap into it and have the belief and intention that we can.

ignore the people who tell you what lotto numbers to pick, how your dead relative is doing in heaven and if you should marry the person your with. that is BS psychic nonsense, anyone who deals in that line of thinking is a fraud. look beyond that and keep an open mind....you'll find some interesting things for sure....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
What a crock.

All fair, but while i did dismiss this all as a "crock", i did logically debunk your assertation in the second half of that post.

Care to address any of that?

Ps. I see a reoccuring theme here where people seem to believe if someone is a psychic, they are always good people who would never announce their powers, never use it to further their lot in life and never use it.........at all?

Why does having psychic powers make you inhuman? No idea why everyone thinks they will just sit quietely at home, never bothing to display their gift, never bothering to use it to further themselves. Obviously these people are not human. I understand the fear of the government coming and snatching you away in the night, but surely ONE person would videotape or otherwise record their talents or go on live media somewhere, sometime to show what they are capable of. Why does this not happen?

edit on 7-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

If this is true, then this invalidates your first assertation. If this is true, ESP and the such CAN be verified by having scientists who are 'sheep' doing the testing and verification, isnt that right? Once they verify the results, and therefore they are "written in stone' and not changable by a skeptic, then you let the "goats" verify. Im sure the goats will always suspect the sheep in being complicit, but does this not make sense?

Yeah it maks sense until you think about it. Psi is not bound by time or space...it is retro-causal. Bye-bye causality. It can't be contained behind walls of matter, energy, time, space, or individuality. Bye-bye laboratory.

If the 'goats' are forced to go through the painful process of a paradigm shift, their unconscious defense-mechanisms will try to prevent that. The collective, irrational, mindless psi of goats could exert a strong retroPK influence on the past thus protecting themselves against psychological trauma in the future.

www.fourmilab.ch...

THE CAPRICIOUS, ACTIVELY EVASIVE, UNSUSTAINABLE NATURE OF PSI: A SUMMARY AND HYPOTHESES

Abstract

Many parapsychological writers have suggested that psi may be capricious or actively evasive. The evidence for this includes the unpredictable, significant reversal of direction for psi effects, the loss of intended psi effects while unintended secondary or internal effects occur, and the pervasive declines in effect for participants, experimenters, and lines of research. Also, attempts to apply psi typically result in a few very impressive cases among a much larger number of unsuccessful results.

The term unsustainable is applicable because psi is sometimes impressive and reliable, but then becomes actively evasive. One of the most testable models for this property is that psi effects occur against a background of supporting and opposing motivation and psi influence due to the extreme polarization of attitudes toward psi in the population.

These attitudes may have genetic and gender associated components. Another possible explanation is that the primary function of psi is to induce a sense of mystery and wonder. Other possible functions of psi also need to be investigated. For example, psi could contribute to evolution by briefly influencing random processes to enhance diversity, without specifically guiding evolution or having sustained effects. Some type of higher consciousness may influence or control psi effects.
(bold mine)

edit on 7-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by phroziac
Anyway...consider free will. If a psychic told you that you were going to die in a horrible car crash on the way to work in the morning, and you decided to call in that day because of the prediction. You altered the future. Not just for yourself, but for others. The future is alterable. Also, is it really possible to tell someone what a random selection of lottery balls will be?

And the million dollar question is: Who altered that future? The person being read, or the psychic? If it was the person being read then the psychic would be in that future already, giving that warning. Or was the future actually changed? Perhaps the person being read was always meant to receive that warning. OR....the psychic was wrong. So many variables to say for sure.

I buy into the multiple coexisting realities concept. There probably always was a reality where the person still livdd. I would say the psychic did not alter the reality. The person may have ignored the warning, thinking it was bull...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You know you guys are right...

Never in all of human history has anyone ever demonstrated the ability to use information that was physically and logically beyond their reach,..

We have kept this tradition and the notion of it alive by fooling billions of people all through out history by the sheer grace of our personalities and the dumb nature of people..

Never have politicians, kings, rulers of any kind sought the help of psychics....not Like they would be killed for being wrong.....EVER...history lacks examples....any..

You are right.. You know everything by a couple hundred years of limited science, for which you have had only a couple decades to prove your theories by the necessary tools being invented.

This is why we don't reveal ourselves to you...YOU ARE RETARDED and would have your heads explode if it were possible....so Instead you have made our heads explode, hang or roll when you get into a monkey frenzied fear driven by confusion.

You want to know why we don't play the lotto....because We aren't that good at guessing, same as you..

If you have no moral guidance you are probably dumb and slightly retarded, what the hell would a line backer monkey do with psychic abilities..,,?.....read Some ones thoughts about sex and food all day.......we don't profit because we cant....if we could our species wouldn't survive past a month...call it a fail safe, scum bags don't get to see things beyond their limited scope of power, food and sex.

Why even bother...would you teach French to a dog? Could he even understand the concept since he lacks the foundation of any spoken language?

That is what you think about.....sex And food...all the time......you Are so freaking backwards and limited in scope and imagination you spend decades digging up cultures with transcendental thoughts and multiple layer thinking only to call their entire culture primitive compared to you because they didn't have MTV....

It is so sickening...to See the attitude of maxim truth.....what The hell do you think the mystery schools that your own leaders practice teach..?...why do they learn and teach about the human mind and its abilities besides the rest.....? Take a look at some of the books.....

..you Are so thoroughly programmed to be grounded in this fecal matter reality that you can't see the true nature of the universe and its many forms.....they dont share it, though you validate their view sometimes....sad.

So I will not waste time proving anything to people who can't help but lie to themselves....you don't know squat....and Are just remembering everything you burnt, forgot, and erased from your history....hopefully You are not so dumb as to let your elites enjoy what is your birth right as well over the fear that God might not like you because you do some thing or people do something he made them capable of doing.....

You don't believe its possible.....fine...we Don't need you too. In the mean time we will litter your history and your future EXISTING while you live your lives the dark about your true nature.....running Around in dirt and feces because you refuse to use an infinite tool like the mind to see anything but what the gelatinous orbs in your skull allow....

Good night......and Sweet dreams

edit on 7-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd

what I find interesting is that most of them (the real ones) are not famous and don't make a living from it.

One has to wonder why not.

ill answer your questions, one, there are real physics or "seers' in the world but no amount of evidence has ever been enough to satisfy anyone with a closed mind.

Well that's one true statement tacked onto a falso one.

Certainly no amount of evidence will convince a closed mind.

But since there is actually no evidence at all that psychic powers exist - every real investigation has shown fraud at worst or gullibility at best - it is not the people who say "the evidence is crap" who have het closed minds.

It is those who refuse to accept that the evidence is crap because it does not fit with their preconceptions.

If you can give me verifiable evidence that psychic powers exist then I will change my mind about them - based on the evidence.

But apaprently no amount of evidence that they do not exist is enough for believers to understand that they have been duped - throughout history, and regardless of rank or race or creed..

edit on 7-8-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

although one wonders why his conscience took 25 years to work well enough to tell the truth!

Probably wanted to make sure that the statute of limitations on fraud had expired.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Certainly no amount of evidence will convince a closed mind.

But since there is actually no evidence at all that psychic powers exist...

Galileo understood this intimately, dealing with closed minds, and it took 500 years, long after the majority of people had come to accept a heliocentric universe, for those closed minds to exonerate Galileo for his "blasphemy". The priest class sect and their closed minds. Sigh.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Nice irrelevant argument!

you are good at this.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
For such a low brow attempt to discredit truth, put a pansy out like this, I have no intention of searching through here and retaking notes on the specific outcomes of the panels that studied psi, very reputable panels. However, you can do it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted lots on here. Also, along came a skeptical poster who thought he was winning by disputing evidence on universities and statistics, with his continual put down, while ignoring the truth.

Again, waking up does take work, and a certain grade level. I am not going to convince people who may not yet be ready to attempt to potty train yet. Either you can see, read, understand and your mind works, or it doesnt.

Its up to you. But there is some rather good university studies done, oh, lets say, thousands of them.....

It should already be reflected in our schooling and understanding, but apparently someone is trying to keep a lid on truth.

Its up to people to watchdog the corruption and this system.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

how many truths lacked ANY evidence only a couple years ago.....yet today we hold them as self evident because our ability to understand them finally caught up to our ability to prove them

a grade school student realizes that not everything we know is provable to every single skeptic...

people still ask for more proof about the moon landing.....yet we can see fotos from it, but unless I can sit them in a rocket and take them there they will have their doubts...

be honest and try it yourself......instead of being so insecure in the possibility that our retarded tools are not capable of seeing it....

could you use a telescope to see the sun and know all we do,......?......no, yet we know now more than we could ever prove with just a telescope.....

your request is denied....get on a rocket and go to the moon.....or look at the fotos....

don't sit there and make us out to be liars because you cant just get up and go.....

evidence.....read history.....what you can prove wouldn't allow half of what is written......or for that matter, for life to even exist...

prove evolution.....you cant...you can show me proof after proof, yet I can still claim anything since you cant PROVE it.....yet you know it is true.....

I cant prove to you anything and no one can.....just like you cant prove evolution.....even with all your retarded tools...yet we are here......

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

You are a very angry young man.

It would be truly sad if it were true and you did have psychic abilities. Your so narrow minded you can only assume linebackers are no better than monkeys. Impossible athletes could also be intelligent, right?

Anyways, you proved an earlier contention of mine that not all psychics need our would have to be"good" people. But of course your not psychic, just angry and deluded.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Line backers everywhere applaud...

What ever buddy...ignorance Deserves no aid and comfort.

Where was your enlightened sense of morality when insulting me just there...

And yes, we are a species of monkeys trying to come out of the jungle....it Pisses me off when people try and hold us back..But that is my problem.....not Your concern....and We are human just like you...

Even if I was an enlightened master I would still be human....so Its not that special to be an enlightened master trying to hide the truth from the profane.....liar

Is that proof enough for you.....mr Enlightened.....LOL

EDIT:
Oh. and I played HS football TOO....so......maybe you are over sensitive.....yet I am not.....angry brute

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ
I don't claim to be enlightened. I'm searching for my enlightenment like many others and I don't claim to have an answers.

You however berated us skeptics in an earlier post, extolling us to open our minds, all the while comparing us to mindless linebackers who you then called apes. That entire post was one long angry tirade. I'm just saying for someone asking for tolerance, you don't seem to show much yourself.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

well then stop unilaterally calling us deluded and liar frauds....

maybe that is not conducive to people being patient with you....

and enlightenment is a joke.....truth and being true always is better than being "truthful"....or "nice"

EDIT:
I could´nt care less if you are tollerant, just dont go aournd making claims that are just as unporvable for the express purpose of insulting those of us that stand to be counted......I would prefer if you were completely honest....

that would be a start.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
This is what I've pretty much thought of "Psychics" all along. Having said that, I'm sure there are real ones out there too. What makes me think that is the "link" between my sister and I. No, we can't read each others mind or communicate by telepathy. But, every since we were very young, we each knew when the other was in some sort of trouble. The only way I would believe a psychic, is if they can tell me something they could not possibly know. No cold readings or what have you, something so personal that they could not possibly have guessed it.

A therory. It can be a connection between your spirits that are inside you that are quite not a seprate as normal people are. My mom could always get me to come home to dinner when I was small by just thinking of me coming home and I did. For the people who do not belive you can become psychics, your loss. I cannot read minds or hear any spiritual guides or leave my body but that is ok. I can at least play around with synchronicity in form of 11:11 and fields/the bodies senses and it is sometimes increadably nice. For those who wanna play around with the other side you could always try opening that third eye chakra thru meditative sounds instead and figure out yourself how it works for you. You do not have to belive andything. Question everything and your own knowledge and see for yourself how reality really works.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

exactly.....thank you

a true skeptic is skeptical of himself first, since it is his perspective that is in question......

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
here is this....

Dr. Bem, a social psychologist at Cornell University, conducted a series of studies that will soon be published in one of the most prestigious psychology journals (Journal of Personality and Social Psychology). Across nine experiments, Bem examined the idea that our brain has the ability to not only reflect on past experiences, but also anticipate future experiences. This ability for the brain to "see into the future" is often referred to as psi phenomena.

Although prior research has been conducted on the psi phenomena - we have all seen those movie images of people staring at Zener cards with a star or wavy lines on them - such studies often fail to meet the threshold of "scientific investigation." However, Bem's studies are unique in that they represent standard scientific methods and rely on well-established principles in psychology. Essentially, he took effects that are considered valid and reliable in psychology - studying improves memory, priming facilitates response times - and simply reversed their chronological order.

For example, we all know that rehearsing a set of words makes them easier to recall in the future, but what if the rehearsal occurs after the recall? In one of the studies, college students were given a list of words and after reading the list, were given a surprise recall test to see how many words they remembered. Next, a computer randomly selected some of the words on the list as practice words and the participants were asked to retype them several times.

The results of the study showed that the students were better at recalling the words on the surprise recall test that they were later given, at random, to practice. According to Bem, practicing the words after the test somehow allowed the participants to "reach back in time to facilitate recall."

www.psychologytoday.com...

You could trust Cornell or you could just look at some one walking down the street and have them turn to look at you for no reason other than the fact that they felt you glaring at them.....

there are many ways to see for yourself....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
They could easily guess winning lottery numbers a few times in a row. I'd be convinced if I was there to verify it wasn't a fraud. Or...just like, guessing a six digit number in my head. I'd believe then.

I guess it doesn't work that way though. Umm, I guess it can't be used for selfish means or something. Of course.

As others have said, it's really wrong to make a blanket statement "all of them." Does that person even know all of them? There you go then, invalid.

It's another one of those things...I'll believe it when I see it proven by my own test. What? You think I trust someone else to do the test for me? ...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join