It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Rover to confirm alien life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Anybody else believe that the mars landing is going to confirm that micro biological life exists on Mars confirming alien life in prep for a false flag alien attack in the future....

Once its admitted i bet we see many more UFO reports and evidence

What a time to be living..............

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

i recon they have known about life on mars for years...but dont tell the people

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Why didn't they land it in Cydonia, like, you know, take some family snaps of the "Face on Mars".

Oh, and lets not forget, more "black and white" photo's, NASA is a joke, eh, sorry a $2.5 billion joke.

Richard C. Hoagland and Joseph P. Skipper must be bursting with appreciation, NOT.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Could you not take 5 minutes and read up on the mission ! The b&w photos are from the cameras that monitor it's movement , it will take a few days for it to set up the mast and main camera !

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Anybody else believe that the mars landing is going to confirm that micro biological life exists on Mars

No , because there is no test for life on the MSL rover , only tests for finding out if Mars once had conditions suitable for life .

edit on 6-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

ok then bbc are reporting it wrong then because i have just watched them say they are searching for evidence of past life...........

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
Anybody else believe that the mars landing is going to confirm that micro biological life exists on Mars confirming alien life in prep for a false flag alien attack in the future....

If you try hard enough, you'll find a conspiracy on pretty much any subject you can imagine.

The likelihood your conspiracy has a grain of truth in it however will undoubtedly be low...but cannot be completely swept aside because perhaps, just perhaps this is the start of disclosure taking place.

Time will tell as always!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Not to nit pick but shouldn't your title have a question mark at the end of it? At first I thought this was about the rover confirming life or going to confirm life, but it turns out you're asking the question will it confirm life, and my answer is.... maybe.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Either they were wrong or you misunderstood them .

The MSL mission has four scientific goals: Determine whether Mars could ever have supported life
To contribute to these goals, MSL has six main scientific objectives
Determine the mineralogical composition of the Martian surface and near-surface geological materials.
Attempt to detect chemical building blocks of life (biosignatures).
Interpret the processes that have formed and modified rocks and soils.
Assess long-timescale (i.e., 4-billion-year) Martian atmospheric evolution processes.
Determine present state, distribution, and cycling of water and carbon dioxide.
Characterize the broad spectrum of surface radiation, including galactic radiation, cosmic radiation, solar proton events and secondary neutrons.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yes. The BBC is reporting it wrong if that's what they said.
The Sample Analysis at Mars (SAM) suite will study conditions relevant to suitability for life.

msl-scicorner.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 8/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What i said is how they did report it either way i really think that disclosure is starting to happen and i feel maybe this year it will be confirmed some how....

I just feel that we are living in such an exciting time

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
reply to post by downunderET

Could you not take 5 minutes and read up on the mission ! The b&w photos are from the cameras that monitor it's movement , it will take a few days for it to set up the mast and main camera !

Curiosity is a recent project so I'm expecting to see high quality (true)color images. If nasa (jpl) will release only the usual crappy and blurred b/n jpgs then I've the right to think they do want to hide secrets from common people....they will shoot themselves on their feet...I'm hoping to be wrong.
For sure there are satellites above our heads capable of resolving car plates...we'll see.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by starchaser

For sure there are satellites above our heads capable of resolving car plates

Actually no. www.abovetopsecret.com...
But since Curiosity is on the surface of Mars it doesn't really matter.
A question though, what do you think of those "crappy blurred b/n jpgs" from Opportunity and Spirit?

edit on 8/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
>>
Why didn't they land it in Cydonia, like, you know, take some family snaps of the "Face on Mars".
>>

They already re-imaged the mars-face in 1998, 14 years ago.

It was actually also a rather spectacular moment, with the MOC images from the mars-face more or less live coming down as well and available on the internet. I remember this day as if it was yesterday.

So...from that point of view i would not necessarily call THIS mars mission "historic" (as some did), because its not the first mars probe/lander...or maybe some people are just too young to remember there have been some spectacular missions already in the past. But OF COURSE, this rover is the biggest and baddest of 'em all.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone

Is it just me, but it wouldn't be the "big surprise" news as it maybe was some decades ago.

) We already can assume a 50% chance of some form of life on Mars, given that previous experiments which were done to determine life on mars were "inconclusive". Meaning: The possibility of life/micro-organism etc. on Mars is real. Given all the other, recent discoveries of other habitable planets, water on mars, moon etc..etc.. i really would NOT be surprised in the slightest. More logical even, at some point in space exploration i would actually EXPECT them to find some forms of life elsewhere - this is just what my own, personal logic tells me.

Whether and how you interpret this, as a "trigger" for a "false flag alien attack" etc..etc....is your problem. The entire thing is exciting enough for me already, i dont need added fantasy stories to make it more exciting, but that's just me

edit on 6-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join