It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother puts beer in son's sippy cup

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
When I was a baby, I had very very bad colic. My pediatrician told my parents to give me a little bit of beer in a bottle and it would get rid of the colic. It worked instantly. Nothing else would work.

Now, I shall age myself, this was the early 70s.....I doubt a doctor would recommend that NOW....but they sure did back then!

...oh and I hate the taste of beer now.

edit on August 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Beer is good for kids, god shoulda made beer come out of the titty instead of milk ..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

May I ask you a serious question?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I am not the biggest beer fan. I tend to go more toward shots and certain wines myself. I am a social drinker though, I don't drink very often.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I used to love my cheeky beer and wine sips at Christmas and other special occasions as a kid, only ever got a small sip though, managed to swipe this bottle of babycham(?) on Christmas 1984 (age 4), I must have been loving it until someone took it off me, lol:

Poor mobile pic of an even poorer not in very good shape photo as the scanner is on the blink....

My Nan used to put a small bit of brandy with warm water in a glass for me when I couldn't sleep, I figure this was to act like gripe water.

I also had the whiskey on the gums when I had bad teeth, much tastier than bonjella.

Point is, giving kids small sips of beer is cute, it isn't going to harm them, as long as it is just a sip.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
My word, the evilness of allowing a child near beer! Think of the children! How will they live to adulthood in this era if they had an ounce or two of BEER?! You monsters.

In case no one could tell, that was sarcasm. Seriously, how many thousands of years have we been making brewsky now? And how many thousands of years have kids of any age been drinking it? Didn't seem to stall out the species any, did it? It befuddles me how something that for so many thousands of years was a common drink for people is so bastardized now. Never mind that our water will no longer kill us by so much as looking at it (then again, it depends on which theorist you ask) Fact of the matter is, the young of this species not only survived just FINE on varying alcohol percentages in beer batches in previous eras, but carried on to reproduce yet another generation. And again, and again, and again. Abuse my hind end. This is what happens when we forget out roots, our origins. We turn mundane every day things into The. Worst. Thing. EVAR.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join