It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is NASA trying to tell us something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i was just looking through the picture slideshow for curiosity on nasa.gov and all of a sudden i came across this image?

i then read the caption to see what it was all about to discover it was highlighting the rovers chem cam but what an odd choice to test it on. maybe i'm reading too much into this but it was kind of the last thing i expected to see on a mars rover image slideshow.
here is a link to the whole slideshow image gallery
edit on 6/8/2012 by josephamccoy because: bad bad spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephamccoy
i was just looking through the picture slideshow for curiosity on nasa.gov and all of a sudden i came across this image?

i then read the caption to see what it was all about to discover it was highlighting the rovers chem cam but what an odd choice to test it on. maybe i'm reading too much into this but it was kind of the last thing i expected to see on a mars rover image slideshow.

Posted and explained already. ATS search function is lacking, sure.. But it DOES work.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephamccoy

Seems like a perfect choice to test it on ... most everyone is familiar with the size and shape of a US 1 dollar bill .. the point was to show you the level of detail from 10 feet away.. money is commonly used for scale..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Since the dollar bill is meant to be Illuminati inspired it wouldn't matter which part was used as an example. The 'all seeing eye' was just chosen in preference to the other symbolic references. Either way you could still spin a conspiracy from it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by josephamccoy

Yeah, this subject made it's rounds here the other day. In the pages I read, I learned that:

They usually use familiar objects to represent scale and possible image distortions. (demonstrated in graphic design reference books).
Also, paper currency contains intricate details (to deter counterfeiting), and therefore is a good way to illustrate the quality of the camera. Oh, and it's easy to have a reference just sitting there in your wallet

edit on 6-8-2012 by adrift because: sp

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Not that often. It needs a rather large revamp, also, there should be a coded section in the language that brings a person back to their last post in any forum that they have left, when they go back to revisit said forum. Instead of bringing you back to the start of any forum you revisit. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING, and Amateurish coding at its best.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

Since most ATS members do not bother to read a single post before commenting perhaps it is a concerted effort on to force people to at least read the OP's post and not just commenting on the thread title. Maybe people will actually read an enitre thread before commenting but I doubt it...and yes I am guilty of it too...but I do read the first and second page before commenting and go back thru later to see what others have posted.

As for this thread yes OP it has already been posted and commented on...so to answer the burning question in your mind...no they are not attempting to tell us anything other than what the scale of something is...pretty good way to do that since money is uniform and most of us still have some left.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

We can also look at it as, many other forum sites use that coding, hence it makes breezing through forums a breeze.

Maybe people hate having to find and remember where they last left off, hence they just go to the end and post?

top topics

join