It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Penn rips 'Team America' creators in angry memo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If Sean Penn really wrote this letter, he should have rethought sending it.
He's done wonder for the publicity of this movie.
I can't wait until it's on DVD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark

Originally posted by brimstone735

Don't call them stupid or brainless, because they're not. They make millions of dollars and have millions of fans and don't have to dig ditches. Immediately putting them into the "brilliant" category, would be a pretty safe bet.

Money = Brilliance?
Fanfare = Brilliance?

Interesting logic.

Acquiring money and fanfare without back breaking work = brilliant

Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough for you.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Easily the funniest movie I've seen um, hmmm, I guess since South Park: The Movie.

It sounds funny from just the parts you described. Isnt Kim Jong-il like half the size of all the other puppets? I also love the voice they gave him

Im going to have to see this movie

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Don't call them stupid or brainless, because they're not. They make millions of dollars and have millions of fans and don't have to dig ditches. Immediately putting them into the "brilliant" category, would be a pretty safe bet.

Money = Brilliance?
Fanfare = Brilliance?

Interesting logic.

Acquiring money and fanfare without back breaking work = brilliant

Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough for you.

Yeah, I understood what you meant.
So would you say that President Bush or Senator Kerry are brilliant?
Both have millions and plenty of fanfare. Absolutely no back-breaking work experience.

Again, this is interesting logic.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yeah, I understood what you meant.
So would you say that President Bush or Senator Kerry are brilliant?
Both have millions and plenty of fanfare. Absolutely no back-breaking work experience.

Again, this is interesting logic.

Making millions off your own work and having millions are two different things. Bush and Kerry were both born with a silver spoon in thier mouths. Heck Paris hilton is worth more then both of them combined and shes far from brilliant.

The creators of south park were not so lucky and they made their money through their own creative work so its not really the same.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
yeah that movie look completely f***ing ridiculous

mabye good for a couple laughs, but seriously who wants to sit down and have propaganda/psy-ops thrown in their face for 2 hours...

I'm confused. Are you talking about AMERICA: WORLD POLICE or FAHRENHEIT 9/11?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Easily the funniest movie I've seen um, hmmm, I guess since South Park: The Movie.

It sounds funny from just the parts you described. Isnt Kim Jong-il like half the size of all the other puppets? I also love the voice they gave him

Im going to have to see this movie

Nah he's the same size, or at least proportionate.

I will have to watch this flick again because we were laughing so hard I missed most of the dialogue.

If you grew up with 80s action movies and don't get offended by guys who rip on everything under the sun - I mean this movie has no redeeming value - it's great.

If you're easily offended like Sean Penn stay away.

SEAN PENN - F.A.G.

Alec Baldwin: "Someday, the world will say to us, 'Way to go, F.A.G. Good job, F.A.G.'"

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I was just watching Tough Crowd with Collin Quinn and they mentioned this Sean Penn letter so it might be the real deal.

The show might not be a news show but they stay pretty up to date on weird News items like this.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Making millions off your own work and having millions are two different things. Bush and Kerry were both born with a silver spoon in thier mouths. Heck Paris hilton is worth more then both of them combined and shes far from brilliant.

The creators of south park were not so lucky and they made their money through their own creative work so its not really the same.

Back to the original authors point; he claimed that he wouldn't listen to Charlton Heston (became very wealthy from making films), yet he said that Sean Penn is brilliant because he makes millions without back-breaking work.

My point is that just because someone makes millions from acting, doesn't mean they are brilliant.

However, I do agree that the South Park creators are very creative, but brilliant doesn't come to mind.

So as to avoid mistaken opinion, I love South Park and I plan on seeing this movie in the theatre.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Back to the original authors point; he claimed that he wouldn't listen to Charlton Heston (became very wealthy from making films), yet he said that Sean Penn is brilliant because he makes millions without back-breaking work.

My point is that just because someone makes millions from acting, doesn't mean they are brilliant.

However, I do agree that the South Park creators are very creative, but brilliant doesn't come to mind.

So as to avoid mistaken opinion, I love South Park and I plan on seeing this movie in the theatre.

I misread the orignal authors point that doesnt make sense to me either. I agree creative rather then brilliant is a better way to describe the south park guys. When I think Brilliant people like Einstein,Hawking come to mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well, I had a couple of hours to kill while my wife was at work yesterday so I plunked down eight bucks at the cineplex and watched Team America.

I can tell you right now that it is sleazy, dirty, puerile, one-dimensional, with more sophomoric sexual, scatological and barf humor than anything I have seen in a couple of decades. It's aimed directly at the very market postpubescent boys) it keeps from entering by dint of its R rating.

It was one of the most offensive movies I have ever seen, and I laughed so hard I practically p1$$ed my pants.

Pay particular attention to the cobblestones in the Paris streets and the tune played in the bar.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Daka daka daka mohammed jihad, daka daka dak!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Americans are funny getting worked up about fluff, say you guys are you gonna vote for John Jackson or Jack Johnson......cuz if you ask me they are pretty much saying the same thing. Stone and Parker know it is just as easy to pull strings of a puppet or a marionette So take your pick!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Americans are funny getting worked up about fluff, say you guys are you gonna vote for John Jackson or Jack Johnson......cuz if you ask me they are pretty much saying the same thing. Stone and Parker know it is just as easy to pull strings of a puppet or a marionette So take your pick!

[edit on 18-10-2004 by covert_ops]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i suggest to people who havent seen the movie that they not comment on it like the person who said it was propoganda for 2 hours but hadn't seen it....just to set the record straight it wasn't propoganda. the movie made fun of both sides. president bush wasn't even in it nor was john kerry. it just poked fun at all the battles that have been going on with both of the political parties, hollywood, and threw in some regular old dumb as@#$. i support the president, and the movie made of fun of some of his administration but it also made fun of micheal moore and all the other stuff i listed above.definatly one of the most fair and balanced movies i have seen in awhile. lol and i dont thinkk that it encouraged people not to vote. all you did was laugh your a$$ off.

KIND REGARDS

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

D

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Some of you need to take it more lightly and learn to laugh at yourselves. If an Australian made a movie making fun of Australian politics, people here would piss themselves. I'm pretty sure that would be the case in Britain and New Zealand.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
they poked fun at michael moore for the cartoon in bowling for columbine, they interviewed stone (i think if not it was parker) and afterwards they showed the cartoon in the movie about the history of guns which left the impression that one of the south park creators made the cartoon. so when they complained and requested the sequence be changed; moore refused and left the door open for them to rip him apart.

ps daka daka daka

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yeah, Michael Moore got his ass ripped open in that movie.

Along with all of F.A.G. Oops, I mean S.A.G.

"Someday, when the world's at peace, people will say: Way to go, FAG."

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well, I saw this movie yesterday, and it really wasn't that funny. It was slow-moving, and all the jokes were either based on swearing, bodily functions, or gayness. I expected more in the way of political satire, but all they had were puppets of Kim Jong-Il, Hans Blix, and a collection of world-leaders who don't even have any lines. And the actor-puppets didn't even sound like the real actors, with the slight exception of alec baldwin... I could have voiced them better. Almost any Southpark episode is more intelligent and funny than this bomb.

BTW- did anyone else think the Tim Robbins puppet looked a lot more like Elton John than Tim Robbins?

-koji K.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
sturod says:

"but seriously who wants to sit down and have propaganda/psy-ops thrown in their face for 2 hours... "

Anyone who watched Fahrenheit 9/11, perhaps?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join