Creepy!! New Obama App Rats Out Neighbors' Political Affiliation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Miniatus - Please read the supporting material in the OP. This wasn't "public" insofar as you could access it on a public/free/readily available source. You would actually have had to seek out the information. NOW it's available via a mobile app... Not before. That's what the ENTIRE gripe is about.

Then the entire gripe is wrong. The app is about signing up campaign workers, that's how you get the information about who's who in your neighborhood. You sign up with a facebook account, you agree to some terms of service and boom, you're an Obama campaign worker. That's what the app does. The source material in the OP is from breitbart, they have a specific agenda and spun the story in some sort of government overreach/invasion of privacy BS.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Miniatus - Please read the supporting material in the OP. This wasn't "public" insofar as you could access it on a public/free/readily available source. You would actually have had to seek out the information. NOW it's available via a mobile app... Not before. That's what the ENTIRE gripe is about.

Then the entire gripe is wrong. The app is about signing up campaign workers, that's how you get the information about who's who in your neighborhood. You sign up with a facebook account, you agree to some terms of service and boom, you're an Obama campaign worker. That's what the app does. The source material in the OP is from breitbart, they have a specific agenda and spun the story in some sort of government overreach/invasion of privacy BS.

No.. Please read the article.

They told it exactly as it is. The thing is, you don't NEED to be an Obama campaign worker. You could sign up to use the app with no intention of using it for it's intended purposes.

Hell, far right organizations could use it to identify and target Democrats.. Why does this need explaining?

Let's get away from who reported what and look at the facts of the matter. This is a bad idea.. Did your mother ever tell you to refrain from talking about religion and/or politics? It's because she was smart enough to know that it would eventually create a conflict..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Yes, but don't you think it is a bit creepy that now all your neighbors can find this out at the touch of a button?

Not really. I don't belong to a political party. But if I did, it wouldn't be a secret. If people want to know something about my political views, they don't have to look it up... they can just ask me.

reply to post by KibbleChild

Originally posted by KibbleChild
you are in love with Obombya it's ok.....admit it!!!

I am in love with one person, and it isn't this Obombya person... I don't even know who that is... Another anonymous ATS member I've never heard of, perhaps?

reply to post by TinkerHaus

Why are you always arguing for the Democratic Party seemingly without thought?

You mean when I argue against gun control?
Or is because I support Ron Paul's foreign policy?
Maybe it's when I say we need to stop illegal immigration?
Or perhaps it's because I cite the Constitution so much...
Gosh, it could by my support of freedom of religion, too.

I argue MY stance on issues, I don't suck up to a political party, like most of you do.

edit on 8/6/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

The Obama campaign intends to use this app for door-to-door campaign visits by campaign district walkers, but this app isn't restricted to just Obama campaign workers. Anyone can get it.

That's right, anybody can be a campaign worker.

For those curious about safety concerns, the Obama campaign said it has safeguards built into the app. If too many addresses are entered in a short period of time, for instance, the app will shut down. Those identified by the app can also request to be removed from the app's search parameters, campaign spokesmen said.

So it's unlikely a big list of kill subjects will be generated by this.

But that sounds like such a balanced, unbiased approach to this story; New Obama App Rats Out Neighbors' Political Affiliation

No agenda there.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Let's just say, that I live in a rather Liberal area. I do not put campaign signs in my yard or bumper stickers on my car. I stopped doing that in 1992 after having my car keyed and subsequently decorated with Clinton Gore stickers. I guess they didn't like my Bush/Quayle sticker.

Bottom line. I don't want people trashing my house or car simply based on my political preferences. ( a move common to the left).

Taking the legwork out of this info. gathering process and putting it into the hands of well bent disciples of Obama is CREEPY to me.

Someone mentioned a Romney app that marks your location.... Sadly, there are countless apps that do that by default. Even games. Makes me wonder what we often sign up for. Read the fine print before downloading any app with lots of attached baggage and requirements.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I approve of this information. Lefties are far more likely to engage in terrorism or violence, makes sense to track them.

Democrats only make up 20% of the population, Republicans is more around 30%ish(last I checked). Allot of people are Libertarians, Not Affiliated or a member of a different political party. The Reverse Process doesn't work, unless your trying to create a close knit cult like mentality among members.....

Either way this looks like a good tool for Republicans. Simply avoid all the Demoncrat neighbors...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join