It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White students forced to stay at failing school

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks
I think all of this could be squashed by asking everyone in this debate to post up their IP-addresses. I will bet that the majority of proponents shouting "racism against whites!" in this thread live in rural/suburbia America. They probably aren't actually even aware of the realities of inner city life. Opinions are like... well you know.

I live in the hood.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

How does the state give black people more chance to succeed? 99% of all institutionalized racism is towards minorities. Society currently favors white people..all the facts support this.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Whoever got that letter really needs to send it to the national media. We really need to make a spectacle of things like this. This is blatant discrimination on both sides of the aisle.

It discriminates against white students by not letting them leave a failing school based on skin color, and it discriminates against minorities because, by letting them leave but not whites, it directly implies that they are blamed for the failing of the school.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

edit on 7-8-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
I live in the hood.

Someone posted a sign at the local airport:

Welcome to Johannesburg, we hope you survive your stay.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
Ahh yes--the new ATS!

ATS
Where white people come to complain

Why are you being such a racist?

You support a school district using race as a means to decide who can and cannot attend a certain school?

Personally I feel race should be totally left out of education, but evidently the government, and you, are under the impression it's OK to discriminate against white children.

And then you have the nerve to talk as if this is some sort of frivolous issue and say whites are just complaining.

If a black person started a thread talking about how a certain company didn't allow their black employees to hold certain positions, would you post and say "ATS, a place for black people to complain"

Would you go to that thread where the church was stopping a black couple from getting married and say "ATS, a place for black people to complain"

Better yet, if a white person were to post in those threads and say that, would you be OK with it? You think it would be allowed for someone to go into a thread where the subject is racism against minorities and say "ATS, a place for minorities to complain"

You evidently support discrimination, as long as it's directed towards whites. What a shame. I guess standing up for equality for ALL people is too much effort for you, and you only wish for equality for minorities.

Racism, discrimination, whatever you want to call it it's simply wrong, and it's wrong regardless of if it's directed towards Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, or any other race, culture, group, or anything else.

I'm against discrimination, you and some fellow people in this thread seem to love discrimination and support it fully, as long as it's directed towards whites. That's a shameful attitude to have, no better than the backwards redneck white racists that harp about blacks all the time.

edit on 7-8-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

I think all of this could be squashed by asking everyone in this debate to post up their IP-addresses. I will bet that the majority of proponents shouting "racism against whites!" in this thread live in rural/suburbia America. They probably aren't actually even aware of the realities of inner city life. Opinions are like... well you know.

I live in the hood.

Well tell me something I don't know already. It's white and pointy at the top with two holes cut out so you can see... Oh, wait...!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I been in the hood since I was in diapers.

Im white.

I have no money handed down to me.

I went to school-passed-military-marine-Ironworker-carpenter-warehouse worker-security officer.

All because it was expected of me and I accomplished what I set out to do, even if I fail.
I am still trying to make ends meet however I can.

I went to summer school in night school, because I was young mixin with my environment. Screwed me up.

I had an opportunity to change, and I took it. That simple.

When is it our responsibility to make it in this world
?

Everyday for me. Nobody is giving me anything. I work for it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I'm not going to post up my IP address, but I will say my neighborhood is mostly Asian. The vast majority of the businesses and churches are Asian owned. There are open air drug markets and scores of obvious prostitutes wondering around the major street about a 10min walk from my house. The local high school has had issues with Black and Asian gangs. There are shootings at nightclubs and bars within a 10 mile radius of my house. Walking on a few of the major streets I can walk by pimps, prostitutes, and drug dealers. I've found vials and other drug waste all over the streets.

Not really sure what relevance that holds to the thread, though? Is someone somehow more able to identify discrimination when they live in a bad area vs. a rural or suburban area? Please explain. And let me know if the description of my neighborhood puts me in the bracket of people you allow to have opinions about racism or discrimination.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by rbmgang

What I meant is that white Americans are not culturally Europeans, I should edit that. Just because your great great great great grandfather was Irish does not make you have any cultural connection to Ireland. Genetically, yes, culturally, no.

That's something African Americans don't have that everyone else here does. Well.. I suppose they do, hence African, but there's no emphasis on country of origin. Yeah.. we're Americans. Chinese Americans, Italian Americans, Irish Americans, Mexican American, Native American, French American. Tell a Korean American he's Asian or Chinese and they'll correct you, have no doubt. Because they are Korean, even if they've never been there.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
IP Addresses or it's just lies. I live in Somalia. I live in Syria. I live in... blah, blah... proof or it didn't happen. That simple. This is comedy watching you guys try so hard to push your agenda's, and yet the facts still remain...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

How does the state give black people more chance to succeed? 99% of all institutionalized racism is towards minorities. Society currently favors white people..all the facts support this.

Care to show any institutionalized racism against minorities? I mean actual examples of racist laws or regulations. Not statistics that show minorities have higher rates of unemployment, or lower incomes, that's not proof of institutionalized racism, it's proof of exactly what it says. The cause for such realities is the subject matter of an entirely different thread, however. But I'd love some examples of institutionalized racism against minorities.

And you ask how minorities get help more than whites? Aside from the government forcing businesses to hire minorities regardless of skills or ability, forcing colleges to admit minorities even if they don't meet the standards for the school, and then paying for that college education, nothing specific comes to mind right now.

But I think getting a free ride through college without having to meet their standards, and then forcing companies to hire you even if you have nothing to offer over other candidates after getting out is a pretty substantial leg up on the competition.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

IP Addresses or it's just lies. I live in Somalia. I live in Syria. I live in... blah, blah... proof or it didn't happen. That simple. This is comedy watching you guys try so hard to push your agenda's, and yet the facts still remain...

Are you talking to me? Are you implying that I lie about the state of my neighborhood? If I said I lived in Beverly Hills would that change the fact that it's pretty damn easy to identify discrimination? If a person is deprived of an opportunity simply because of their race, that's discrimination and you don't have to live in Compton to know that. Exactly what agenda am I pushing, the agenda of anti-discrimination? I wasn't aware that was a bad thing?

What's your agenda? Tearing down whites, insulting them, laughing at them? Does it make you feel good or something?

I don't understand where you are coming from, or what you are trying to accomplish. You cannot talk straight, you have to resort to insults and derailment of the subject? Why is it so difficult for you to simply address the issue at hand without insulting or judging people based on their race, social status, location, or anything else?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by openlocks

I'm going to walk to my corner 7/11, I have to take my gator knife with me, this isn't a game bro. Last night I went to the reverse osmosis machine for water and had to quickly turn around, it was crawling with bangers. The ghetto bird flies directly over me every night ( I don't sleep between the sound and light), gun shots every night, loud music every night, etc.....

I know at least a dozen people where I live alone that can get any drug, I see countless hoes on the streets, and the homeless take their daily pull and buy heroin and shoot up every night behind the L&L BBQ. Crackheads live and swim in the wash runoff water and most them have a particular nasty fungus on their skin. They also are getting more demanding when it comes to a handout. I keep a shotgun near my porch side, and bats around each door and window.

10 years ago it was nice here. Now a monthly amount of home owners dues go to graffiti removal. The local police department is fighting with the section 8 complex directly next door to release certain info that can solve murder cases. The local childrens park has rift-raft burning logs in the dumpster bin. Every storefront here has recently installed bullet proof barriers, especially pizza joints. etc.... etc.... etc...................

I live in the hood, I think you're the one in suburbia.

I think YOU are the one that lives in the fancy part of town.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Idiot.

First of all, what YOU are doing is against the ToS.

Second, what greater agenda than trying to get people to "prove their location".

Third, are you that stupid? Would it make you feel better if I tunneled through a Syrian IP and "showed you"?

Fourth, why don't you just piss off back to Facebook, as that seems to be where you got most of your decorum and experience.
edit on 7-8-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Institutionalized racism means any sort of institution, not just government.

A recent study of females convicted of crimes showed a disheartening correlation that would confirm accusations of racial injustice in the legal system: The lighter a convict’s skin, the shorter their prison sentence tends to be, and the less time they serve.

Light-skinned women were sentenced to an average of 12 percent less time than their darker-skinned peers, and served an average of 11 percent less time in jail, the study found. The researchers used similar crimes to compare sentences, so that they could generate the most accurate, relevant results.
Raw Story (s.tt...

www.rawstory.com...

In a University of Georgia study, light-skinned black men had the edge in hiring over dark-skinned black men, regardless of credentials.

"We found that a light-skinned black male can have only a bachelor's degree and typical work experience and still be preferred over a dark-skinned black male with an MBA and past managerial positions," says Matthew S. Harrison, a University of Georgia doctoral student in applied industrial organizational psychology, who presented his research in August to the Academy of Management in Atlanta.

Blacks tend to get substantially longer prison terms [unlike the one month asserted by Langan above] than whites convicted of the same crimes, even when the Black person is a first time offender and the White person a second- or third-time offender.�44 Clinton Cox adds that, for murder Blacks serve 91.7 months versus 79.8 months for whites; for rape, 55 months for Blacks versus 43.9 for whites; for kidnapping, 41 months for Blacks to 37 for whites; and for robbery, 37.4 for Blacks to 33.3 for whites.

www.yale.edu...

"If the credentials were different, in the case of women, the more qualified or experienced darker-skinned woman got it, but if the qualifications were identical, the lighter-skinned woman was preferred," Mr. Harrison said.

www.post-gazette.com...

A long line of studies have found that U.S. blacks get inferior care for cancer and a variety of other ailments compared to whites but experts concerned about the disparities have struggled to understand why.

Doctors in all racial and ethnic groups showed an implicit preference for whites versus blacks except for black doctors, who did not favor either group.

Studies have shown blacks in the United States are more likely than whites to die from diabetes, strokes, heart attacks and cancer. Some studies have shown this disparity persists when incomes, education and insurance coverage are equal.

www.reuters.com...

A survey of two districts of similar incomes, one being largely white and the other largely black, found that branches in the black community offered largely subprime loans and almost no prime loans. Studies found out that high-income blacks were almost twice as likely to end up with subprime home-purchase mortgages as low-income whites. Loan officers were also apparently aware that what they were doing was exploitative, as they referred to blacks as “mud people” and to subprime lending as “ghetto loans

en.wikipedia.org...

Aside from the government forcing businesses to hire minorities regardless of skills or ability

They don't though. Private businesses affirmative action policies are voluntary not mandated. The only thing a private business cannot do is not hire someone because of their race, gender, whatever else alone.

and then paying for that college education

Who is paying for it? There are scholarships for every race, including whites. There are a ton of academic based scholarships too. Oh yeah, and government backed student loans available to EVERYONE.

But I think getting a free ride through college without having to meet their standards

Again, just not happening. A college is not going to accept someone with horrible SAT scores and GPA just because of their race. They may pick a minority, even over other minorities to have a diverse population but everyone getting in is going to be qualified.

edit on 7-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I love the people in this thread trying to turn the discussion into, "Poor whites acting like victims."

It's actually pretty obvious from the get-go that it was to bring light to the hypocrisy pity-parade that is institutionalized segregation. The excuse is that it's "fair to minorities", so long as you "be racist to everyone" it's not racism.

You know what I hate more than warmonger neo-cons? Faux liberals that try to control everyone, and try to convince themselves and others they're doing "the right thing".

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
That's Capitalism. You have a system that disadvantages to a ridiculous degree working class black people and other minorities. It's only natural for reasonable people to try to fix this problem the only way they know how.

My only gripe with this sort of thing is that it's done on skin colour, where as the problem is more so one of poverty, and thus it should be based on household income as far as I'm concerned.

Ideally it shouldn't happen at all. Get rid of Capitalism and you don't have one sided education system that favours rich spoilt brats and pre-emptively ruins the life of many poor people.

All these policies aimed at helping black people are merely a response to the abysmal failures of Capitalism to give everybody a fair go
edit on 7-8-2012 by JailTales because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
That's Capitalism. You have a system that disadvantages to a ridiculous degree working class black people and other minorities. It's only natural for reasonable people to try to fix this problem the only way they know how.

My only gripe with this sort of thing is that it's done on skin colour, where as the problem is more so one of poverty, and thus it should be based on household income as far as I'm concerned.

Ideally it shouldn't happen at all. Get rid of Capitalism and you don't have one sided education system that favours rich spoilt brats and pre-emptively ruins the life of many poor people.

The system disadvantages "working class" people, period.

I wish I lived in this golden age where I'm told because I'm white, I'm supposed to be successful and have a huge advantage over "minorities".

It's just as you said, a poverty problem. If you live in poverty, or are stuck in the "working class", then you have a very large hurdle of actually "making it" (I don't know how "success" is measured these days, anyway). Doesn't matter if you're black or white. It really doesn't.

You know what makes people "believe" it's only skin color and racism that keeps them down? Segregation. Institutionalized segregation, which is what schools and government employers do in the United States. Exactly what this school is doing.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

No, you just don't realize the amount of privilege you have because you are white. You are oblivious to it because you have most likely are not often in situations where you are the minority. Read over this

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join