It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White students forced to stay at failing school

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by WP4YT

Tell me do you believe white people still have it better in this country?

Because non-whites have only had the same rights as whites have for the past 50 years. So "whites" in general have about a 200 year head start than any other group. Established families, with established wealth...passed down from generation to generation.

Does not compute. How can a "head start" make any sense in this situation? So hypothetically, if tomorrow there's a revolution and the new government passes a law saying that white people are all slaves to black people, somehow the white people still live a better life because they have had rights for a longer period of time?

Now...you seem to be confused that "white privledge" means that every single white person is successful...which is not the case. But in general...if you are "white" and live in the USA...you have a better chance at succedding.
You are right just as not every black person is successful. But the fact is I don't know anyone my age (20's) right now that is white and isn't living in near poverty besides myself since I was smart and broke free of the corporate monopolies' grasp. I do however have 3 black friends who live comfortably and are always vacationing.

This whole notion of white people having privilege seems to mostly relate to older white people from the "good ole' times" i.e. baby boomers who have made their money and retired long before all this insane pro-minority and anti-white rhetoric seems to have made it's way to the mainstream. I don't know any white people in my age group or younger now that have any kind of privilege at all! So sure, be jealous of the old crackers who made it big on the backs of the black Americans, but not us younger white folk who just get trampled over!!!

So your "white" friends work too hard...which means you are implying that your black friends don't work hard...how nice of you.

No I was just merely saying a lot of my white friends have to work two full time jobs (60+ hours a week) just to PAY THE BILLS. Vacation or spend time with the family? Forget it.

There is no nice way for me to say this...you are full of it. Whites can get government assistance if there is a need...there is no racial basis for government aid. Now maybe your "white" friends families are better off than your black friends family...you know...that "white privledge" and all.
No but you can be denied based on how many hours you work (i.e. full time vs part time job) and when they calculate if you are eligible for assistance, they only compute your income, not your debt as well. So a black person working a single job making (made up number for example) $19,000 a year but who has no debt at all because he went to college for free and gets all sorts of assistance based on the fact he is black may be eligible for government aid. But a white person who is working two full time jobs 60+ hours a week to pay bay his ridiculous $500 a month student loan debt will not be eligible for any assistance, because the government doesn't care what you are paying out in debt, only what you are bringing in as income when they figure out if you are eligible.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

I see you ignored every single source I posted and the numbers that show that your antecdotal evidence is flat out wrong.

But don't let me interrupt your pity party...if only you were a minority...then life would be so great.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Or it could be that your "white" friends picked crappy majors or just aren't very smart. I really can't answer your hypothetical...because I believe that is exactly what it is.

Doesn't relate. Their majors were obviously just fine because they still got good paying jobs. They do make more than their black counter parts at the job (GROSS) but because of being disadvantaged by being white, they actually bring home less (NET) after bills and debt.

Black people can go to college for free???
Really?

Again...no nice way to say this...you are full of it.

Yes really. I just graduated college 3 years ago (don't know when you were last in college, if at all) and they would always have flyers on the bulletin boards advertising free college tuition for minorities.

Now let's leave your imaginary world where white people are the victims and black people have the easy life and look at some real world numbers.

Unemployment Rate: www.bls.gov...
White Unemployment Rate: 7.4%
Black Unemployment Rate: 14.1%

Oh yeah...whites are such the victims and no one every hires them like you claim

College Enrollment 2009: www.census.gov...
Whites: 15,027
Blacks: 2,889

Your numbers are not proportionate to population. If anything they back up my points. Yes whites may be higher % enrolled in college but they are also 80%+ of the population still so of course the numbers will be higher.

edit on 7-8-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

reply to post by WP4YT

I see you ignored every single source I posted and the numbers that show that your antecdotal evidence is flat out wrong.

But don't let me interrupt your pity party...if only you were a minority...then life would be so great.

i didn't ignore, it's coming in next post, I couldn't fit my response in one post.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Only time I disagree with you is when you say white Americans aren't Europeans.They are European Americans if they weren't they would be natives no? I'll also ignore the fact that white isn't a race either but it is a corporate label and title. Just like black,colored and negro makes Africans corporate entities not humans.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

You are deep deep deep into White Victimhood.

I'm sorry if you aren't successful...it's not because you are white..it's something....else.

A good step to becoming successful would be to stop blaming others for your short comings...don't blame your failures on others successes.

All evidence and statistics prove you wrong...your antecdotal evidence of your 3 black friends
means absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I am curious.

If only the minority students are allowed to transfer, does this mean they think minorities are the ones bringing down the overall test scores? So, if they leave only the white students, the scores will rise and the schools that accept the minority students will have their ratings lowered to make it all equal again? Is this their thinking?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rbmgang

What I meant is that white Americans are not culturally Europeans, I should edit that. Just because your great great great great grandfather was Irish does not make you have any cultural connection to Ireland. Genetically, yes, culturally, no.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I am curious.

If only the minority students are allowed to transfer, does this mean they think minorities are the ones bringing down the overall test scores? So, if they leave only the white students, the scores will rise and the schools that accept the minority students will have their ratings lowered to make it all equal again? Is this their thinking?

Yes and numerous studies prove this theory already. The black community needs to cull the cultural ideologies that make doing well in school "not cool". And the enablers that want to somehow keep connecting everything to injustice and past history need to be at the front of that movement. Real talk.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by rbmgang

What I meant is that white Americans are not culturally Europeans, I should edit that. Just because your great great great great grandfather was Irish does not make you have any cultural connection to Ireland. Genetically, yes, culturally, no.

Are you for real?? We are the only people on the planet that are supposed to abolish our cultures huh? I still have mine and so does my family, so if you ever want to hear great Euro folk music or eat classic foods of the region my kindred are from call me, I'll hook yall up with the bomb stuffed cabbage and goulash, but don't deny me my culture.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

reply to post by rbmgang

Would the same hold true for African Americans and the cultural connection to slavery (since no living African American was ever a slave?) and there are very few (relatively speaking) who are actually from Africa? (Obama excepted.)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Could you reply to my post directed towards you, thanks.

But the fact is I don't know anyone my age (20's) right now that is white and isn't living in near poverty besides myself

And? Data shows that more white people are way better off than minorities financially. Anecdotal evidence means nothing, you are not the center of the universe.

I do however have 3 black friends who live comfortably and are always vacationing.

And? 99.9% of black people cannot do this due to fiances.

This whole notion of white people having privilege seems to mostly relate to older white people from the "good ole' times

No, it really doesn't. It comes from today cold hard facts..

White men get paid more than minorities and women
Minorities are racially profiled by the police
Minorities are more likely to be born into poverty
Minorities are more likely to receive a lesser quality of education than whites
Minorities are less likely to receive loans from banks and if the do get higher interest rates
Minorities have less access to healthy food and suffer health consequences
Minorities have had crack smuggled into their communities by the government

I don't know any white people in my age group or younger now that have any kind of privilege at all!

Because you're blind and base your whole reality of the world through anecdotal experiences and not facts.

he went to college for free and gets all sorts of assistance based on the fact he is black may be eligible for government aid

Where do you live in this fantasy that all black people go to college for free? It is based off of your income level, not race.

I just graduated college 3 years ago (don't know when you were last in college, if at all) and they would always have flyers on the bulletin boards advertising free college tuition for minorities.

I've never seen one and I'm IN college. There are a ton of European American scholarships, go apply.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

You think listening to European folk means that you're culturally European? NO. You were born in America, raised in America, and know nothing but America..(assuming of course). Most Americans never even leave this country. Do you really think an Irish person, born there, lives there, would consider you Irish? NO. They'd consider you American.

You are GENETICALLY European, not culturally... big difference.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Modern day African Americans do not claim to be slaves. Modern day 20th generation Americans are still trying to claiming they are Irish though.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This is straight up racism folks. No, "reverse racism" doesn't exist. Not because whites aren't discriminated against (they are) but because racism is racism, regardless of who it comes from or who it's targeting. Racism is simply just racism, and THIS is a (disgusting) clear cut example of it.

You don't raise people up by tearing others down, and that's what they are trying to do here. I am just disgusting with this type of behavior.

And really, ANYBODY who is defending this should be horribly ashamed of themselves. You are part of the problem. YOU are a racist.

If I was a white student at that school I would sue them for rights violations. If a black person can sue a school for taking away certain rights due to race, then so can a white person, and every single one of them SHOULD sue.

Just another example of state-sponsored racism against whites. Minorities always scoff at such things and say that whites are not discriminated against. They are wrong.

Racism still exists against minorities, it's a sad truth. But that's personal racism. Private parties that harbor negative ideas and feelings towards other groups of people. You can't regulate that, everyone has a right to their own feelings.

But laws and regulations that are imposed by the state? No. There is no longer state sponsored racism against minorities. The only state sponsored racism that exists today is against WHITES, and for some reason everyone seems to think it's OK. If minorities don't see a problem with racism against white people, then why should white people feel bad or do anything about racism against minorities?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

WTF? What has happened to that nice, clean infographic? IT IS COMPLETELY WRONG! 103 white to 461 black, that is not 50:50%!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

reply to post by wingsfan

You think listening to European folk means that you're culturally European? NO. You were born in America, raised in America, and know nothing but America..(assuming of course). Most Americans never even leave this country. Do you really think an Irish person, born there, lives there, would consider you Irish? NO. They'd consider you American.

You are GENETICALLY European, not culturally... big difference.

Wow!! Really? Culture is passed on through generations. Irish people hold festivals you know? Might try looking one up locally and attending, then tell them they aren't culturally Irish.

And on top of that you can now tell me, a genetically and culturally European man what other Europeans think and do? We don't just "listen" many of my family plays these songs, many of us speak our ancesteral toungue (which happens to be one of the oldest on Earth). My family came here to be apart of the experience and live the American dream, while keeping our heritage. Personally I can't wait to leave this dump of a country and go to where I belong. And beleive me they don't put up with the white guilt BS and all that comes with it.

BTW I'm not Irish,

Magyarország a Magyaroké!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm sorry if you aren't successful...it's not because you are white..it's something....else.

But it's OK for a black person to blame their lack of success on their race, even though the state gives them much, much more help to succeed than their white peers?

I got it... makes sense....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
this seems to be a very interesting topic, my thinking is, there are many reports/case studies that reflect black /ethnic groups do more poorly than white students(even coming from same backgrounds/income levels(not making it up)(also not saying case studies don't use manipulated data either ^9) so maybe the thinking is , lets bus the black students/ethnic students out and see if grades go up, for the school system its win win, if it does work scores go up and school stays open + they (try) and make themselves look good by giving (poor?) black/ethnic groups a chance over whites to choose the school of their choice
the underlying question i have if it does work, does this show that black/ethnic groups don't have the same capacity to learn as others, or are the schools purposely /subconsciously not teaching these kids to make those number always reflect black/ethnic groups are poor scorers (IM white but not blind)
or it could be and underlying case of discrimination on both parties ethnic/white , if the school is 90% white and semi private or have children coming from families with that kind of background, it may be the parents(white) saying get rid of the trash its destroying my (white) kids education at the same time if that is not the case they discriminate against whites(to make it seem fair?) for crimes whites committed before these children or even their parent and probably even up to great grandparents had no control over it, racism works both ways...will be interesting to see the scores next year or a follow up to this story
honestly the whole thing just seems stupid to me to set it up like this it has to be some kind of test/experiment or just one more thing to add to the pile that this country is trying to start some kind of race/civil war, cant keep them FEMA camps empty to long, they will start to rust wink wink
either way something smell fishy

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think all of this could be squashed by asking everyone in this debate to post up their IP-addresses. I will bet that the majority of proponents shouting "racism against whites!" in this thread live in rural/suburbia America. They probably aren't actually even aware of the realities of inner city life. Opinions are like... well you know.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join