It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White students forced to stay at failing school

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There is nothing I can say about this without sounding racist.... It sucks that in these times we are not allowed to put our two cents in without being labelled as racist. I wasn't born a racist. I wasn't raised a racist. I wasn't taught to be a racist. But I think in my old age I am becoming one. But only based upon my own observations. I don't blame white people for this...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

The truth is that it is a shame to be white these days.

Yes...white people have it so very hard in this country...it's such a plight. It's not like a black couple that attends a predominately white church can't get married there...oh wait...yeah...that is still happening.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Larrelye

Well, this is the reason I have had to take on a second job! I am having to send my two children to a private school in Rayville, Riverfield Academy! The two schools in our hometown, 15 miles east of Rayville are #1. A failing (miserably) school, or #2. the other big newsmaker of the day: Delhi Charter School!!

School forces pregnancy tests

Un-friggin-believable....... WTH has happened to our state?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ahh yes--the new ATS!

ATS
Where white people come to complain

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
This is clearly racist.

When you deny an opportunity to people based solely on the basis of their skin color, that is the epitome of racism.

Where is the ACLU?

The ACLU is busy worrying about the Wisconsin shooter because he is reportedly a skinhead. The ACLU is pretty much collectivist and Progressive and chooses only those cases which will push the Progressive agenda forward.
edit on 6-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by 31Bravo

The truth is that it is a shame to be white these days.

Yes...white people have it so very hard in this country...it's such a plight. It's not like a black couple that attends a predominately white church can't get married there...oh wait...yeah...that is still happening.

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but I think it might be.

Tell me do you believe white people still have it better in this country? Tell me why all of my college friends who are white are thousands of dollars in student loan debt and having wages garnished and not able to afford anything (yet no matter how hard they work, some with 2 full time jobs) they can't pay anything and aren't eligible for any government assistance at all because they work too hard?

Tell me why all the black college friends I know got to go to college for free and live in nice houses now because they are debt free and have nice paying jobs?

Tell me why at my old company before I left 9 out of 10 of the new employees they hired were "minorities" and they almost never hired white people despite the owners of the company being white? What kind of kickbacks do they get as business owners from the government from not hiring white people? I find it ironic that a bunch of white guys don't hire any white employees and hire as many minorities as possible, IN A CITY that is 85%+ white.

Tell me why European culture is just about gone? It's racist now to be proud of your European heritage. I got "talked to" by one of my black neighbors for having an Irish flag in front of my house, told me it was offensive to him. REALLY? Haha. I told him to bugger off.

Yeah white people still have it great in this country.

And dont' dare pull the race card and call me racist, because racists hate other people based on skin color. But truth be told I'd rather be black or mexican than white. Honestly.

Hmm...

edit on 7-8-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
Read the entire thread of all its responses and I can't believe that people are even trying to dissect the blatant statement this letter boldly says.

This is the racism that is brought up time and time again on ATS but we have certain members that believe that all whites are strictly the most racist and have no clue what it's like to be discriminated against, when in fact some AA's have no idea themselves they just heard it from grandma.. I will not call you out but you know who you are.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

And, yes, the letter did explicitly discriminate against "white" kids.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but I think it might be.

And this statement says it all, such graceful intelligence you exuberate!

Anyone who thinks White people have it worse than "people of color" in this country are so far removed from reality they cannot even be taken serious, in any context. The sad part about this is, I have a feeling most of you are not just paid shills for the republican party, but ARE actually serious.

You know, it really wouldn't hurt you guys to pick up a book or two once in a while, and no I am not talking about Bill O'Reilly's or Glenn Beck's new book!

"The black man doesn't need to be taught how to love the white man. The white man has to be taught how to love the black man." - Malcolm X
edit on 7-8-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

See its comments like this that just make it too hard to take your position seriously.

The fact the white students were denied the same offer to switch schools because of their skin color is wrong. A black couple being refused the day before their wedding because some people got the heebie jeebies due to skin color is wrong.

But you choose to express self righteous indignation with one but mock the other.

It makes me wonder just how much you really care about true equality???? My guess is probably not that much.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Tell me do you believe white people still have it better in this country?

Because non-whites have only had the same rights as whites have for the past 50 years. So "whites" in general have about a 200 year head start than any other group. Established families, with established wealth...passed down from generation to generation.

Now...you seem to be confused that "white privledge" means that every single white person is successful...which is not the case. But in general...if you are "white" and live in the USA...you have a better chance at succedding.

Tell me why all of my college friends who are white are thousands of dollars in student loan debt and having wages garnished and not able to afford anything (yet no matter how hard they work, some with 2 full time jobs) they can't pay anything and aren't eligible for any government assistance at all because they work too hard?

So your "white" friends work too hard...which means you are implying that your black friends don't work hard...how nice of you.

There is no nice way for me to say this...you are full of it. Whites can get government assistance if there is a need...there is no racial basis for government aid. Now maybe your "white" friends families are better off than your black friends family...you know...that "white privledge" and all.

Or it could be that your "white" friends picked crappy majors or just aren't very smart. I really can't answer your hypothetical...because I believe that is exactly what it is.

Tell me why all the black college friends I know got to go to college for free and live in nice houses now because they are debt free and have nice paying jobs?

Black people can go to college for free???

Again...no nice way to say this...you are full of it.

Now let's leave your imaginary world where white people are the victims and black people have the easy life and look at some real world numbers.

Unemployment Rate: www.bls.gov...
White Unemployment Rate: 7.4%
Black Unemployment Rate: 14.1%

Oh yeah...whites are such the victims and no one every hires them like you claim

College Enrollment 2009: www.census.gov...
Whites: 15,027
Blacks: 2,889

You are so right...Blacks are just dominating the college enrollment statistic

Oh...and about those Black friends going to college for free...it just so happens that Black graduates have more debt than Whites do: chronicle.com...

And I don't have to pull the "race card" on you...it seems like you played it on yourself already.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

See its comments like this that just make it too hard to take your position seriously.

The fact the white students were denied the same offer to switch schools because of their skin color is wrong. A black couple being refused the day before their wedding because some people got the heebie jeebies due to skin color is wrong.

But you choose to express self righteous indignation with one but mock the other.

It makes me wonder just how much you really care about true equality???? My guess is probably not that much.

But this whole notion of "true equality" you are spouting stands on the presupposition that white people are systematically at a disadvantage within this nation, that they are the victims of institutional racism at the hands of black people. It is the other way around though, in case you failed to notice. Even the OP shows this!

Even the mods are on this gravy train of ignorance now huh?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Wheres Morgan freeman when you need him?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Statistical facts and irrefutable documented history will not work with this crowd, unfortunately. I tried it and you know what I was told? "Numbers are nice, but..." and "History is in the past, what matters is now..."

Keep up the good fight though friend, maybe we can save one or two of them.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I'm not sure why you are confused by the two.

One is a group of white people in a church not wanting their church tainted by a black couple getting married in it. The other is a school following the law...a law that is applied evenly to all races to prevent creating segregated schools in an area of the country that is still very racist and needed additional laws to get them to abide by the de-segregation laws.

Unfortunately, in our very racist country...laws like this are still needed. You should really have to only look at this thread to see this. But if this thread isn't enough...you can look at the one about the black couple being denied marriage at a white church, you can see the neo-nazi that went on a shooting spree in Wisconsin, you can see any number of Birther threads, you can see people making disgusting racial slurs against Gabby Douglas and being offended by the acknowlegement that she is the first African American gold medalist in that event....and this is all in the past week.

Racism towards blacks and minorities is all around us...but some people claim they just don't see it...racism is a thing of the past...and we don't need these "antiquated" laws anymore...some even go further and claim that now the only racism that exists is against white people.

But you can't take me seriously...

edit on 7-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbmgang
Wheres Morgan freeman when you need him?

I found him!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Oh forget it. This discussion is hopeless. Lol
edit on 8/7/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
To the posters who think its hard for the white generation these days.You sound like a child crying that the black and hispanic kids have red balloons.When your grandfather owns the whole circus.It boggles my mind when european americans complain about scrapes that 12% of the populace receives.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This is a public school and they are denying white kids the opportunity to switch schools based solely on the color of their skin. That is discrimination, pure and simple.

I also have to ask, did this district send out letters to the minority kids in the other schools to tell them that they could not transfer? It doesn't matter what the grades are of each school, if this was truly a case of ensuring the district is following the law, then similar letters would have been sent to the minority of the other schools since any transfer by minorities from them would affect the student ratio as well. Of course no other letter exists because there would be screams of racism, but since it is one sided, and against whites, it's okay.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Are you kidding me? Straight from stormfront talking points.

If they had nice paying jobs they could not get federal grants for college, nor any government assistance. It goes by INCOME LEVEL, not race. Minorities are paid less than whites on average, just like women are paid less than men.

If your white friends worked so hard they would have been able to get academic scholarships.

What kind of kickbacks do they get as business owners from the government from not hiring white people?

They don't get ANYTHING. Affirmative action is entirely up to choice with private companies.

Tell me why at my old company before I left 9 out of 10 of the new employees they hired were "minorities"

Probably so they could pay them less

Tell me why European culture is just about gone?

White Americans are not European. What do you expect? People to be dressed in traditional German garb? Oktober fests and Irish parades are very common place in the USA anyway...

It's racist now to be proud of your European heritage.

Why are you proud of a genetic accident? You didn't do anything to accomplish your race. Find something in life to that you actually willingly did to be proud of. You must have low self esteem.

I got "talked to" by one of my black neighbors for having an Irish flag in front of my house, told me it was offensive to him.

100% lies. Black people do not care about Irish flags, most Americans don't even know what an Irish flag looks like.

But truth be told I'd rather be black or mexican than white. Honestly.

lolololololol

Why? So you can be singled out by the police? Chances of being born in a ghetto rise exponentially? Chance of being poor skyrockets? Be discriminated against on bank loans? Be watched in stores like you're an automatic criminal? Get paid less for equal work? Have doctors give you less quality of care? Have people fear you for no reason than what race you are?

White workers earn tens of thousands dollars more than their minority counterparts, a Georgetown University study finds.

White professionals earn about 20 times that of African Americans, and 18 times that of Latinos, according to 2010 U.S. Census data.

For example, white engineers earn an average of $80,000 a year. Their African-American counterparts earn $20,000 less. Hispanic engineers earn $24,000 less than White ones.

www.tbd.com...

A survey of two districts of similar incomes, one being largely white and the other largely black, found that branches in the black community offered largely subprime loans and almost no prime loans. Studies found out that high-income blacks were almost twice as likely to end up with subprime home-purchase mortgages as low-income whites. Loan officers were also apparently aware that what they were doing was exploitative, as they referred to blacks as “mud people” and to subprime lending as “ghetto loans.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redlining

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Black people can have it bad in this country. There is no denying that. I only have two black family members via marriage so I don't hear a lot of first hand experiences but I have a lot of Hispanic relatives and they give me horror stories. It really makes me angry with what they have to experience. But there are issues such as this case. I can see it happens all around for everyone and none of it is right. But at least I'm trying to look at it from both sides and not mock anyone or ignore part of the problem like others seem to. You can accuse me of ignorance. Sorry if your disappointed if it doesn't get to me.

Except, I wonder if you realize that I believe you ARE ignoring part of this dilemma? A HUGE part! It's called history and statistical facts! You choose to ignore the context within which all of these equality promoting policies are being made, and decide to instead call it racism when in fact it is trying to fix centuries old institutionalized racism that has been systematically waged against "people of color" since the creation of this nation. Finally, we have begun to actually attempt to work towards "true equality" and white people like you come out of the woodwork and scream it is racist! Can't you see how bad and crazy that looks!

edit on 7-8-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join